PDA

View Full Version : Dove season 2014!!!

blueboss
09-03-2014, 05:38 PM
We absolutely slewed them Monday, have not seen that many birds and as early in the day as we did this opening day. I had a limit by noon (15). After that I did not shoot two more limits because the limit is 15 not 43, and even though my sister and brother-in-law didn't get their limit it would have been illegal for me to help by shooting more birds and giving them away.

Shelby County Ky is loaded, we'll get back after them Sunday after the rain clears out on Saturday.

Anybody else go out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazyd
09-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Glad you had a good day. Our season opens this weekend which I will be working. I miss a good dove hunt, did it way too often in the popcorn fields around Murray

blueboss
09-04-2014, 04:49 PM
JZ, you still have an open invitation in Shelbyville...I'll put you on em, your shoulder will have to handle the rest.

jazyd
09-04-2014, 05:02 PM
LOL, can we talk politics :) As soon as I sell this store I am taking you up on the offer

JZ, you still have an open invitation in Shelbyville...I'll put you on em, your shoulder will have to handle the rest.

blueboss
09-04-2014, 07:12 PM
We're gonna hit'm again Sunday, think you can get it sold by then.

Fred's been cutting rows down the middle of the sun flower fields all week to keep'm fed so we're still holding quite a few.

My shoulder should be good to go by Sunday again.

dan_bgblue
09-04-2014, 07:18 PM
You only killed 15. How many shots did that take to make your shoulder so sore, or are you shooting 3 inch magnum buck at them?

I never took more than a box of shells to the field with me

I seldom limited out either

blueboss
09-04-2014, 08:36 PM
You only killed 15. How many shots did that take to make your shoulder so sore, or are you shooting 3 inch magnum buck at them?

I seldom limited out either

I never took more than a box of shells to the field with me

The limit is 15, it would be illegal for me to shoot more than 15 birds, and had I shot more than 15 birds it would be kind of stupid for me to post on line that I broke the law by killing more than 15 birds. I guess I'd rather you think I'm a lousy shot, or I have soft shoulders. Perhaps one day we'll meet and I'll tell you some wild bird stories

Darrell KSR
09-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Nothing wrong with giving moral support to your sister and brother-in-law, is there?

blueboss
09-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Nothing wrong with giving moral support to your sister and brother-in-law, is there?

That's right.

blueboss
09-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Back on'm today, started slow but they picked up late 1/2 as many birds but I shot 1/2 as many shells ...still right around 40%.

dan_bgblue
09-09-2014, 04:17 PM
40% is a very good keeper rate as the season goes along and the birds get wilder. Used to find a pond with a couple of tall snag trees close by where I would be allowed to hunt after the first couple of days. Sit at the pond by myself or with one friend and limit out on birds coming to water.

blueboss
09-13-2014, 09:22 AM
Cold front that mover through Thursday pushed the birds out...no birds today.

Anybody got a boat load of doves on their property that need to be removed?

blueboss
09-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Another good shoot, several limits were taken. After bush hogging several rows through the sunflower fields we were able to drag more birds in. Still lots of food in the fields so we'll see if we can hold them for another round in a week or two