PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell and Cal both great today at the Louisville Alum luncheon

Badinage
10-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Although the room seemed extra crowded and the food was a head scratcher for me, Calipari and Mitchell demonstrated that we have two coaches that really get their jobs, from A to Z. These men are infectious and really seem to thrive in the UK environment. Mitchell said that if his team does no do well this year, it will be his fault. Cal spoke inspirationally about changing people's and families' lives. Very cool.

Cal said he has paired Wiltjer and Harrow together and asked them to be practice partners, ala Nash and Dirk at Dallas. He wants them to be on the same page. He loves what Mayes brings to the table and thinks Stein is going to be a star, improving beyond his imagination. He thought Stein would be an extra recruit that would grow at UK, but he said he is going to find a way to start the kid, he is that good. Still young, but showing signs of being speciall.

Matt Jones got in a few good zingers about the coach at UL, but that is probably another thread, if worthy of discussion at all.

Darrell KSR
10-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks, Bad. Heard Mitchell had the room in the palm of his hand, and Calipari, of course, always does. Can't think of two I'd rather have at the head of our basketball programs.

blueboss
10-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Naturally the sports guys in Louisville just touched on the fond words he gave to Lil Ricky 15 and OTIS saying that we have no to reason to root against them unless of course they are playing us.

Darrell KSR
10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm ok with that.

Of course, I'm ok with people not rooting for their rival, too. That's part of being a rival to many.

Badinage
10-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I think Cal was responding to the heat that Matt Jones was giving with his jokes about Pitino. One about Matthew Mitchell's dining room table was pretty raw. But, I also think that Cal is comfortable with the fact that his team will be young and UL will be experienced and very good. Now that he has a NC, I doubt he needs to worry about keeping his streak alive vs. UL. He knows this team will be playing its best ball come the end of the season, barring injury or NCAA meddling.

Catonahottinroof
10-11-2012, 01:57 PM
There's so many jokes to make :)