That doesn't sound good.

http://t.co/xK0V4rn0fR

Doc
09-02-2014, 11:55 AM
She ain't waking up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UKHistory
09-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Terribly sad. My understanding is that her condition was a result of a surgery she was undergoing to help her speak as she was going to go on tour. Really sad. It reminds me of a coworker who had hip or knee surgery so that her boss would approve her to go on travel for business. Unfortunately she had a blood clot due to that surgery and died shortly afterwards.

No surgery is "minor". Prayers to her family and friends.

Darrell KSR
09-02-2014, 02:42 PM
On life support.

I think we all know.

http://www.boston.com/entertainment/celebrity/2014/09/02/family-joan-rivers-life-support/ZPm9GJMa8bYMIeQUOCEzoK/story.html

Doc
09-02-2014, 04:11 PM
No surgery is "minor". Prayers to her family and friends.

I've had dogs and cats die during spays and neuters. Its a tough thing. Heck, even had one die during a joint infusion where I was giving it enriched platelets-a very minor procedure. As you say, no such thing as "minor".

blueboss
09-02-2014, 06:16 PM
No comment, other than prayers to her family.

blueboss
09-03-2014, 07:16 PM
Joan fans, she has moved out of ICU into a private room.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=887185

Darrell KSR
09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
Joan fans, she has moved out of ICU into a private room.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=887185

That sounds good, but I wonder if it is.

MickintheHam
09-04-2014, 02:10 AM

I don't believe so. I love the people who make me laugh.

Doc
09-04-2014, 01:56 PM
She just died

MickintheHam
09-04-2014, 02:13 PM
She just died

Terribly sad.

Doc
09-04-2014, 03:07 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of hers but did like "fashion police" and did like that she didn't give a crap who she offended and screw the PC police! I'm find her death a bigger loss than Robin Williams though. Since both passed so in such a close time frame, it inevitable that they will be compared. I find his death sad but not unexpected. Of course she was much older and I guess that makes her death less shocking to most folks. Now will come the legal aspect of it and I expect something just short of the Micheal Jackson Conrad Murray fiasco.

Doc
09-04-2014, 03:08 PM

I assumed this wasn't good. I figured they took her off life support and were just waiting for her to die.

blueboss
09-04-2014, 04:46 PM
The release said she died peacefully, that's all one can ask for.

I too was not a fan, never really enjoyed her brand of comedy, but she did make her own way.

Doc
09-04-2014, 05:19 PM
typically when one is brain dead, its peaceful. No doubt when she when under aneshesia and her heart stopped, her brain lacked oxygen for an extended period of time. I suspect she never regained consciousness.

MickintheHam
09-04-2014, 05:32 PM
?..........but did like "fashion police" and did like that she didn't give a crap who she offended and screw the PC police! ............

Are you describing Joan or yourself? Those are your enduring qualities. Not a bad thing at all.

I always liked Joan. She worked harder than any of her peers.

Doc
09-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Are you describing Joan or yourself? Those are your enduring qualities. Not a bad thing at all.

I always liked Joan. She worked harder than any of her peers.

LOL.... Quite true

MickintheHam
09-05-2014, 09:36 PM
LOL.... Quite true

It is quite possible you acquired those qualities from your wife.

blueboss
09-06-2014, 11:13 AM
I need to recant my earlier statement about not liking JR's brand of comedy, her early stuff was pretty funny, it's her red carpet and reality schtick I didn't care for.

They are going to have a hard time finding her last resting place, most states have environmental laws about plastic disposal

Darrell KSR
09-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Joan would give you two thumbs up for that one.
I need to recant my earlier statement about not liking JR's brand of comedy, her early stuff was pretty funny, it's her red carpet and reality schtick I didn't care for.

They are going to have a hard time finding her last testing place, most states have environmental laws about plastic disposal

CitizenBBN
09-06-2014, 08:46 PM
I can't say I was a huge fan of her style, but I was a huge fan of how she was determined to succeed in a very male dominated field in an era when women were supposed to stay in the kitchen and never raise their voice, etc.

The people I like and respect most are those who are true to themselves and their views, regardless of what they may be. Just don't be a facade or fake or hypocrite, and she wasn't any of those. She was square with everything she did, and very upfront about it, from her comedy to her plastic surgery. She was the first to laugh at herself at the same time she was making fun of everyone else.

I also appreciate that she never became a preachy political talking head, which happens to a lot of comedians. She was an entertainer through and through.