PDA

View Full Version : PBS psa

blueboss
08-27-2014, 09:58 PM
Just watched an episode of Great Performances with Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, and Boz Skaggs, otherwise know as the "The Dukes of September" in a hour and a half of some really nice music....check your local listings, it's worth a listen, at least if your old like me and know who these guys are.

bigsky
08-27-2014, 10:51 PM
Just watched an episode of Great Performances with Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, and Boz Skaggs, otherwise know as the "The Dukes of September" in a hour and a half of some really nice music....check your local listings, it's worth a listen, at least if your old like me and know who these guys are. I do. Boz Scaggs has done some good work since his hit makin days. I'll check it out.

CitizenBBN
08-28-2014, 07:40 PM
I like Steely Dan, have to be in the mood for it, but when I am it hits the spot. I even like "True Companion", a solo project by Fagen on Heavy Metal. Not as much as the Don Felder tunes on that movie soundtrack, but I still like it.

blueboss
08-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Donald Fagen did a great job on the recorded show, both he and Boz made the show, McDonald is a classic but you get the idea he struggles to get to the notes unlike the other two.