PDA

View Full Version : Mo Governor took sides

jazyd
08-19-2014, 11:44 PM
Based on the comments of Missouri Governor made today, he took the side of the Brown family and against the police officer before the grand jury even meets and w/of knowing all the facts. Shameful. And dishonest.

Doc
08-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Never too early to start campaigning, but then just following the Washington lead. We don't need no stinking facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
08-20-2014, 06:14 PM
now comes the other side of the story. Funny how those sides always seem to come in pairs, and the truth usually isn't found clearly on either one.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20/missouri-cop-was-badly-beaten-before-shooting-michael-brown-says-source/?intcmp=trending

Catonahottinroof
08-20-2014, 06:42 PM
And he looks like a partisan dumbass for his comments.

blueboss
08-20-2014, 07:27 PM
The police officer is going to fry despite the facts.

I should say no matter what the facts determine. If he did not have any other recourse but to shoot the guy, may God help him.

I'm hearing a lot of talk about the six shots being excessive.... as opposed to one very well placed shot in the head or heart.

jazyd
08-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Broken eye socket, battered face, probably couldn't see well and kept shooting a doped up thug until he dropped. His aim was probably off so he shoots at least 6 times. Good riddance of a thug
The governor needs to pay a deep price

bigsky
08-20-2014, 10:18 PM
D

suncat05
08-21-2014, 11:38 AM
In the "Use of Force Matrix" the standard is you shoot until the threat ceases. After having been fighting the suspect inside his car where he sustained most of his injuries, the suspect acts like he's leaving and then turns and charges the injured officer(and the suspect's physical size in this situation does matter a lot), leaving the officer to believe that the suspect intends to injure him further or kill him. The injured officer, fearing for his life, uses deadly force to stop the threat to his life.
If it were me, I'm shooting the guy as many times as I need to, to stop the threat of further great bodily harm or death.

Knowing this, what would a reasonable person believe?

KeithKSR
08-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Kid gets shot, but chooses to keep coming at the officer. Hard to argue excessive force when he is wounded and keeps charging.

KeithKSR
08-21-2014, 12:34 PM
BTW, if the cop shoots a white guy there is no controversy.

suncat05
08-21-2014, 01:41 PM
This is what concerns me: after the grand jury comes back with a decision(which I fully believe will be a "no indictment"), then this racist AG & his corrupt DOJ will come at this officer sideways with some bogus 'civil rights violation(s) and then attempt to try him criminally that way.
I hope not. But in my heart I know exactly what the U.S. DOJ intends to do. They're going to ruin this young officer's life any way they can because some POS tried to kill him while he was just doing his job. JMHO.

MTcatfan
08-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah the thug POS that had no criminal record that was going to start college on Monday...

You all talk about how some jump to conclusions and make racist based decisions from what I can see a bunch of you are just the opposite side of the coin.

I think the entire incident is deplorable...you have a young black man dead and having his character assassinated by the right, and an up to this point exemplary police officer having his character assassinated by the left, and NO ONE knows what really happened.

You also have a situation where you have a community that distrusts the police react to a perceived injustice, a police force that helped sow the seeds of that unrest with poor community relationships, and then exacerbated the situation by acting like an armed occupying army when responding to the actions of a relatively low percentage of the protesters.

You have a governor that needs to shut his mouth and you have a prosecutor that needs to make sure he is fair and impartial when presenting this to a grand jury. If the police officer overreacted to an unarmed civilian, then he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If it turns out Brown beat the officer badly and he responded to deadly force with deadly force then the community needs to realize the officer had a right to protect himself.

People also have to understand that we know very little of the facts. Brown probably isn't an angel on Earth that had no culpability in escalating the situation, conversely the officer may not be an angel on Earth either. His initial attitude may have contributed, and if it turns out that Brown had surrendered and was on his knees when the final shot hit him then people needs to understand the officer has quite a bit of blame here. So I guess time will only tell and if the local prosecutor doesn't do his job then the Feds have every right to make sure that justice is served to all people involved as long as it matches the actual facts of the crime, not the facts as liberal and conservative media make them out to be.

CitizenBBN
08-21-2014, 08:24 PM
As MTCatfan says, the truth of this likely in between the two extreme sides. I doubt Brown was being a PCP loaded lunatic, nor do officers generally go around shooting unarmed innocent people minding their own business. Like most such situations I'm betting it escalated in stages, starting out with a questioning that created resentment, tensions rose, things got out of hand.

The biggest travesty here is justice. I see both sides using it, esp. the Sharpton types but both sides, and as they say in the movie, I do not thing that word means what they think it means.

The only certain thing is that with such incidents the political vultures all swoop in to use it to suit their agenda.

Doc
08-21-2014, 08:35 PM
You all talk

No, you ALL do not talk about how some jump to conclusions. I never did such a thing. I made a point not to. I made a point to note that some folks in positions of authority did (the governor). I've also noted that the typical race baiter like Al Sharpton who has a long history of taking such thing and perverting them to fit his own agenda, has done it. But I've made a point to not do so and believe many others have as well. I've seen the video of the victim, the kid who was killed, robbing a store but don't believe that factored into the shooting. I do believe it may have be an indicator into the type of individual that he was. IMO a person who would steal is more likely to be less antagonistic with the police. Likewise I do believe that law officer at times can be antagonistic and bullies, guys who throw their weight around because they can. Because of that I've yet to jump to any conclusion other than the people who should keep their big fat noses out of it (aka Al Sharpton) won't and by doing so will only make the situation worse.

blueboss
08-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Hypothetical: dead man is white and the officer is black ~ no case/no story.

I'm also in the camp with Doc on the "you all" reference, all I've suggested is no matter what the facts are the guy is going to fry. Whether or not the young man with no criminal record and who was going to start college right after he got done robbing a store and assaulting the store owner did not threaten the responding officers life, no matter what the evidence suggests he will unlikely get a fair shake.

If the evidence suggests the officer used excessive force and is at fault for killing the young man, or the officer was well within his rights to protect himself his life is ruined forever.

Another hypothetical ~ view the case and the facts without revealing the race of either person involved.

suncat05
08-22-2014, 09:16 AM
Just because Brown had no known criminal history does not mean a thing. He could have been one of those guys that hung out on the periphery of criminal activities and wasn't noted as being a player. Which, by the way, is pretty common in juvenile criminal activities, especially the ones who are a little bit more intelligent and not as inclined to seek the public noteriety of being known as a "thug".

Most cops do not go around shooting innocent people, especially for no reason. Something happened which precipitated this shooting. And yeah, nobody knows the entire story just yet, so there is some speculation as to exactly what happened. But I am kind of leaning towards this being a justified use of deadly force by knowing what we do know from media reports so far. And here is the thing about this: you have to decipher the facts from the chaff that the media puts out, because that's what they do. They tell a story, wherein some of the true facts are contained, along with a lot of chaff inserted to make the story more appealing & compelling. The media doesn't report the news anymore. The media tells you stories, and you're either gullible enough to buy everything they tell you, or you sift through the chaff to find out what the real story is.

Me, I'm not so gullible. Nor am I inclined to let a much physically larger man than me beat me up, act like he's leaving, and then turn around and charge at me again and allow him to do only God knows what to me. Nope, not to me he's not.

bigsky
08-22-2014, 10:47 AM
I thought the discussion was about an incompetent grandstanding elected official. That description doesn't end with the Governor.

UKHistory
08-22-2014, 02:43 PM
I always go back to miscommunication and perceptions when most--not all--but most problems arise.

I think one thing that might have happened is that however Officer Wilson told the guys to move to the sidewalk, Brown said something. I think that when Wilson decided to get out of the car that the car door hit Brown and due to the young man's size the door richoted back to shut on Wilson as he was getting out of the car.

Wilson saw that as Brown did this intentionally and not Wilson's own strength of opening the door then bouncing off of Brown. Once Wilson thought that coupled with Brown's own comments and feeling threatened it all spiraled out of control.

Without knowing more I bet the way the door bounced off of Brown and Wilson not realizing that is what happened took this confrontation to a horrible ending.

As MTCatfan says, the truth of this likely in between the two extreme sides. I doubt Brown was being a PCP loaded lunatic, nor do officers generally go around shooting unarmed innocent people minding their own business. Like most such situations I'm betting it escalated in stages, starting out with a questioning that created resentment, tensions rose, things got out of hand.

The biggest travesty here is justice. I see both sides using it, esp. the Sharpton types but both sides, and as they say in the movie, I do not thing that word means what they think it means.

The only certain thing is that with such incidents the political vultures all swoop in to use it to suit their agenda.

MTcatfan
08-22-2014, 03:35 PM
No, you ALL do not talk about how some jump to conclusions. I never did such a thing. I made a point not to. I made a point to note that some folks in positions of authority did (the governor). I've also noted that the typical race baiter like Al Sharpton who has a long history of taking such thing and perverting them to fit his own agenda, has done it. But I've made a point to not do so and believe many others have as well. I've seen the video of the victim, the kid who was killed, robbing a store but don't believe that factored into the shooting. I do believe it may have be an indicator into the type of individual that he was. IMO a person who would steal is more likely to be less antagonistic with the police. Likewise I do believe that law officer at times can be antagonistic and bullies, guys who throw their weight around because they can. Because of that I've yet to jump to any conclusion other than the people who should keep their big fat noses out of it (aka Al Sharpton) won't and by doing so will only make the situation worse.

I should of done a better job of clarifying "you all" I was mainly talking to the two folks that really upset me and were being addressed with my first sentence, and are still being addressed by the second sentence. I was not trying to include everyone in the thread, as not everyone upset me.

As far as your comments go, I agree if that is really him robbing the store, it does change some perceptions, just as there are times when cops are jerks(for example the now suspended St. Louis Sgt that raised his machine gun and threatened to kill an unarmed protester) so we really need to wait and see what the real evidence is for both sides. I for one hope that when the grand jury results are announced that the prosecutor is a little more PR savvy than the police chief, and he really presents the results with as many facts as he can release at that time. If we doesn't explain the results, things are going to get nasty again.

MTcatfan
08-22-2014, 03:46 PM
I always go back to miscommunication and perceptions when most--not all--but most problems arise.

I think one thing that might have happened is that however Officer Wilson told the guys to move to the sidewalk, Brown said something. I think that when Wilson decided to get out of the car that the car door hit Brown and due to the young man's size the door richoted back to shut on Wilson as he was getting out of the car.

Wilson saw that as Brown did this intentionally and not Wilson's own strength of opening the door then bouncing off of Brown. Once Wilson thought that coupled with Brown's own comments and feeling threatened it all spiraled out of control.

Without knowing more I bet the way the door bounced off of Brown and Wilson not realizing that is what happened took this confrontation to a horrible ending.

That is really where I have been leaning also...but the news reports mainly by just FoxNews about the injuries make me want to see the actual evidence because I don't think a door could bounce off Wilson hard enough to lead to the injuries described in the FoxNews report. So I think the result of the grand jury are going to be interesting to say the least.

blueboss
08-22-2014, 04:22 PM
I still find it odd that there is no one that has the entire incident on their phone. Just say'n...

If this police officer jumped out of his car and started shooting this guy for being uncooperative them he needs to go to jail.

If the police officer was threatened then he had every right to protect himself

Doc
08-22-2014, 05:18 PM
I have my suspecions on what happened and being that I'm not on the jury or the US court system there is no obligation to assume innocents.

I doubt this 6-4 nearly 300 lb kids was complying with the officers request and had his hands in the air surrendering so the officer put 6 bullets into him just for the hell of it because he is a racist who doesn't like blacks. That story makes no sense in my book. Before I label anybody a racist, I want solid evidence that they are.

MTcatfan
08-22-2014, 05:27 PM
It appears that the FoxNews story of the fractured orbital bone has been debunked. The source FoxNews used apparently had a CT scan that was purported to be that of Wilson that showed the orbital bone fracture, but upon further inspection was a CT scan taken from the University of Iowa that showed a generic orbital fracture. The original online news story by the "source" had the UNIV OF IOWA on bottom right of CT scan, and later that disappeared, but there is a cached version with the UNIV OF IOWA on it. So it appears that there is a lot of conflicting reports on both sides of this issue...

Doc
08-22-2014, 05:49 PM
It appears that the FoxNews story of the fractured orbital bone has been debunked. The source FoxNews used apparently had a CT scan that was purported to be that of Wilson that showed the orbital bone fracture, but upon further inspection was a CT scan taken from the University of Iowa that showed a generic orbital fracture. The original online news story by the "source" had the UNIV OF IOWA on bottom right of CT scan, and later that disappeared, but there is a cached version with the UNIV OF IOWA on it. So it appears that there is a lot of conflicting reports on both sides of this issue...

Maybe but I've yet to see any evidence that Micheal Brown had his hand in the air. Hard to believe if that was the case, if the police were 1/2 as racist as we are led to believe that nobody pulled out their obamaphone and videoed this execution. I mean if I lived in a neighborhood where I was constantly harassed by the man, I'd be sure to record any altercation yet there seems to not be a single video to be found. I sure hope there was a police video. That would really help to clarify things. Although I'm sure if there is and it shows that Brown was in fact the aggressor, that there will be accusation of tampering with the video because that is how the instigators have moved from day one. Whether its the district attorney needing to recuse himself because his father was a LEO shot by a AA 50 yrs ago, or the threat that if there is no prosecution of the officer that there will be riots.... its never that race wasn't THE factor.

blueboss
08-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Mean while back to original topic, Governor Nixon is a racist and hates white people, he wants to skip the police officers right to due process and jump straight to the prosecution.

KeithKSR
08-25-2014, 12:50 AM
No criminal history? Robbing a store and manhandling the proprietor was definitely a criminal act.

Darrell KSR
08-25-2014, 07:18 AM
No criminal history? Robbing a store and manhandling the proprietor was definitely a criminal act.

Let's be careful. We're not convicting the police officer, so let's not rush to convict the decedent of a crime that wasn't reported by the store owner, and the store owner says wasn't this guy. Video that shows him paying for cigars. Stuff like that. Not saying he did or didn't, but I will say if the alleged victim says it wasn't that guy, chances of convicting him are virtually nil. Sketchy, conflicting information to say the least (other info seems to suggest he is the guy. I certainly don't know).

suncat05
08-25-2014, 07:44 AM

Indeed, it is. But by criminal history I mean an actual criminal history that is recorded in NCIC, and available to law enforcement entities. Apparently there was none on him prior to this incident, and now there will not be one due to the fact that he is deceased.

MTcatfan
08-25-2014, 04:28 PM
Let's be careful. We're not convicting the police officer, so let's not rush to convict the decedent of a crime that wasn't reported by the store owner, and the store owner says wasn't this guy. Video that shows him paying for cigars. Stuff like that. Not saying he did or didn't, but I will say if the alleged victim says it wasn't that guy, chances of convicting him are virtually nil. Sketchy, conflicting information to say the least (other info seems to suggest he is the guy. I certainly don't know).

Exactly, pictures don't always tell the true story or tell the truth for that matter...There is a Facebook picture floating around of Brown with a gun, booze and cash being used to show how he was a thug and not a good person...but...it isn't him, it is some other kid, who does really resemble Brown, but is from Oregon, and is suspected of killing his grandmother, iirc.

Guess where the beginning of this "mistake" was traced to...a Kansas City police officer...

Doc
08-25-2014, 04:47 PM
And the only place I've heard of the so call debunked orbital bone fractured films was here. I've not seen that anywhere else. Nobody else has reported that its a concocted story, a fake.

jazyd
08-25-2014, 11:08 PM
You are the one jumping on people, comdeniming Fox News as usual and eveyone you consider on the right claiming false information by Fox and thst they are assassinating his character. He assassinated his own character by what he did and it's on film. And we know from the lab reports he was on drugs.

and you don't know he was going to college other than what his parents said, that he wax this sweet innocent young boy that was this great kid. He was a criminal. And you have no idea if his hands were up, and based on the pictures of the autopsy and where the bullets hit him I seriously doubt his arms were in the air. But believe it if you want.

and the report today said that a source from the DA office said the officer has a fractured eye. But you blame a Fox News.

And nd those few innocent protesters were throwing Molotov cocktails as the cops, what do you want them to do....tell the creeps to be nice little boys and please don't do that again.

There te is no doubt in my mind that this officer acted in self defense. There is no way he shoots a person with their arms up and kneeling down

QUOTE=MTcatfan;205183]Yeah the thug POS that had no criminal record that was going to start college on Monday...

You all talk about how some jump to conclusions and make racist based decisions from what I can see a bunch of you are just the opposite side of the coin.

I think the entire incident is deplorable...you have a young black man dead and having his character assassinated by the right, and an up to this point exemplary police officer having his character assassinated by the left, and NO ONE knows what really happened.

You also have a situation where you have a community that distrusts the police react to a perceived injustice, a police force that helped sow the seeds of that unrest with poor community relationships, and then exacerbated the situation by acting like an armed occupying army when responding to the actions of a relatively low percentage of the protesters.

You have a governor that needs to shut his mouth and you have a prosecutor that needs to make sure he is fair and impartial when presenting this to a grand jury. If the police officer overreacted to an unarmed civilian, then he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. If it turns out Brown beat the officer badly and he responded to deadly force with deadly force then the community needs to realize the officer had a right to protect himself.

People also have to understand that we know very little of the facts. Brown probably isn't an angel on Earth that had no culpability in escalating the situation, conversely the officer may not be an angel on Earth either. His initial attitude may have contributed, and if it turns out that Brown had surrendered and was on his knees when the final shot hit him then people needs to understand the officer has quite a bit of blame here. So I guess time will only tell and if the local prosecutor doesn't do his job then the Feds have every right to make sure that justice is served to all people involved as long as it matches the actual facts of the crime, not the facts as liberal and conservative media make them out to be.[/QUOTE]

bigsky
08-25-2014, 11:41 PM
ferguson gets an unusually large % of its city revenues from fines and penalties.

Doc
08-26-2014, 06:54 AM
The idea that the behemoth of a kid was surrendering with his hands up when the officer executed him is absurd. It's equally absurd to believe that any police officer doesn't go into a situation with a prejudicial bias. They deal with criminals. That doesn't excuse it but it certainly explains it. I don't appreciate it when I get pulled over have anybody order me around. If I had a preconceived notion supported by people constantly telling me they were prejudice against me, I might actually think the bully attitude shown by cops was because they were prejudice rather than because they need to be in control of the situation since many times they are dealing with criminals

suncat05
08-26-2014, 07:46 AM
FINALLY! The correct perspective! Doc gets it!

Doc
08-26-2014, 12:08 PM
FINALLY! The correct perspective! Doc gets it!

Do I hate it went I get pull over for going 15 miles of the speed limit by a 30 something year old with a gun on a power trip who feels the need to ask me "Do you know why I pulled you over?" "Why? Don't you know?" "Because I have 10 pounds of pot in the trunk?" "Because you're an asshole who has nothing better to do?". Absolutely! Do I antagonize him/her? Nope, at least not until AFTER I get the ticket. :winking0011:

I understand why cops act like jerks. One slip up can cost them their life. I know I'm a nice guy, I'm not a criminal, I don't have a gun...but the cop doesn't. I also understand why and how some folks could take that as being prejudice. They pulled me over because I was black and treated me like I was guilty since I didn't do anything wrong. I've been pulled over late at night "for no reason" (at least in my mind) and treated like I was guilty. THATS WHAT COPS DO. I guess if I had the preconceived notion that they were prejudice against me then I'm sure I would believe it. In my neighborhood, probably 99% of the people pulled over are white. Does that mean the Palm City police are prejudice against Caucasians? Likewise, if you are in a high crime urban area, is it a shock that most of those arrested are going to be African American? But when you have race baiting charlatan like Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, Jessie Jackson, Barach Obama, etc...that want to continually blame race for all the world problems then it will continue to be an issue. There knee jerk reaction is ALWAYS the same. It is ALWAYS to blame race. Its never to look beyond it. The reason is because blaming race is easy. In fact it is the easiest thing to do. It takes no thought whatsoever. It takes no analysis. "he was black, he was white, whites hate blacks"...... next case, second verse same as the first. 20 years and it still works.

UKHistory
08-26-2014, 02:59 PM
When a city or community government generates revenue from fines and penalties there is an incentive to ticketing and finding reasons to fine and ticket the population.

Just like if for profit entities get into the prison business. There is an incentive to lock people up and keep them locked up. That is wrong for a free society.

ferguson gets an unusually large % of its city revenues from fines and penalties.

MTcatfan
08-26-2014, 03:12 PM
jazy that is why I am saying that we need to wait and see how the legal process turns out, and we need to wait and see OBJECTIVE evidence. I just have a HUGE issue with people calling a person who has no discernible police record a thug just because he has a run in with police, just as I have a HUGE issue with people calling a police officer racist because he kills a black person in a shooting. I want cooler heads to prevail, and I want to see REAL evidence, not stuff pushed by biased conservative and liberal news and pseudo news sites(which I admit I am guilty of using in the debunking the broken bone story, as it never got reported by a legit news entity, but conversely only FoxNews reported the broken orbital bone and it is so buried on their site that when I just now went to foxnews.com I couldn't find the story, which means there was no followup done on what is a game changing piece of information if true).

So I am going to defend the dead boy if I feel the need to, but I am also going to call for calmer heads to prevail and call for us to wait and see how the legal process ends up. There may be justification or not for the shooting, there may be justification for the result but not the escalation, who knows, and I am not presuming the guilt of anyone, I want to see FACTS, and then I will make my final conclusions. This could be a simple as a jerk cop overreacting to a jerk kid and race had nothing to do with it(and btw I lean to thinking that race had little or nothing to do with it, but with the state of racism today I can comprehend why a community that is used as an ATM machine for the police, not trusting the police and thinking race had something to do with it, again I don't agree, but race relations are a taboo subject that you get called a race baiter if you want to discuss them, when racism is not dead and it is still alive and well in this country. Until meaningful discussion is allowed about race relations in this country, any time something like this happens unfortunately, Ferguson type situations will continue to happen more often than not. Sticking our collective heads in the sand and pretending racism is dead in this country is making things worse...not better...)

jazyd
08-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Anyone else see the Facebook picture going around showing the poor deceased college bound sweet young boy named Michael Brown. I am trying to decide which struck me more, the bottle of vodka or gin, the wad of money in his mouth or the large pistol he is pointing at the camera. Innocent he was not

DanISSELisdaman
08-26-2014, 11:23 PM
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/08/169302-police-sources-tell-reporter-witnesses-coming-forward-corroborate-officers-account/

MTcatfan
08-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone else see the Facebook picture going around showing the poor deceased college bound sweet young boy named Michael Brown. I am trying to decide which struck me more, the bottle of vodka or gin, the wad of money in his mouth or the large pistol he is pointing at the camera. Innocent he was not

You must of missed my post discussing how that is a fake, as it is as fake as Rick Pitino's hair(and not debunked by just ultraliberal pseudo news sites):

Social network postings show a supposed photo of Michael Brown — the 18-year-old killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo. — with a mouth full of cash and pointing a Glock handgun at the camera.

The facts: Media reports say that Officer Marc Catron of the Kansas City, Mo., Police Department apparently shared an image on his Facebook page of someone he and others thought was Brown. It is not known who originated the item.

The caption: “I’m sure young Michael Brown is innocent and just misunderstood. I’m sure he is a pillar of the Ferguson community.”

Many people who saw various posts believed the photo was of Brown and passed it along via Facebook and Twitter.

The problem is that the photo is not of Brown. The picture actually shows murder suspect Joda Cain, who is accused of using a sledgehammer to kill his great-grandmother in Oregon last year, the Oregonian newspaper reported. The other youth in the photo has been identified as Micus Ward, accused of being Cain’s accomplice.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/reason/fact-check/2014-08-26/story/fact-check-whos-pointing-gun-not-michael-brown#ixzz3BceNCDfp

Here is the news report that broke the news that this is a complete and utter fake:

Kansas City officer faces review for Michael Brown Facebook posts

Posted: Aug 18, 2014 6:28 PM MDT Updated: Aug 19, 2014 5:14 PM MDT
By Bonyen Lee, News Reporter - bio | email
By DeAnn Smith, Digital Content Manager - email

Actual Story has a picture here

Officer Marc Catron's Facebook page. That isn't Michael Brown in the photo.Officer Marc Catron's Facebook page. That isn't Michael Brown in the photo.

KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
A Kansas City Police Department officer vented on Facebook about the Michael Brown shooting, and now he faces an internal review.

Cop mistakenly posts photo of Oregon murder suspect in Michael Brown rant

Fury in Ferguson

Officer Marc Catron's postings have produced outrage on social media, particularly because he made strong comments about Michael Brown. He shared a picture that he and others have claimed is Brown in a compromising position, but it's actually an accused killer from Oregon.

A spokeswoman for the Kansas City Police Department said this is a personnel issue that will be addressed with the officer. The department also provided a copy of the department's eight-page social media policy.

"Because members of this department are held to a higher standard than general members of the public, the online activities of members of this department shall reflect such professional expectations and standards," the department policy states.

Two cousins were accused in Oregon of using a sledge hammer to kill their great-grandmother last year. In one of the photos, Joda Cain has a wad of money stuffed in his mouth while pointing a gun at the camera.

People have posted this photo of Cain to Facebook, including KCTV5's Facebook page, claiming that it's Brown, when it's not. Catron posted the photo of Cain to his Facebook page and wrote, "I'm sure young Michael Brown is innocent and just misunderstood. I'm sure he is a pillar of the Ferguson community."

Catron also spoke about the violence that has rocked Ferguson over the past week since a police officer shot the unarmed teen.

"Remember how white people rioted after OJ's acquittal? Me neither," according to a Facebook post that Catron shared on his own Facebook page.

Some outraged residents shared their posts on KCTV5's Facebook page.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/26310700/kansas-city-officer-faces-review-for-michael-brown-facebook-posts

See the deal with me is that I just want to see what the TRUTH of the matter is, I am not going to vilify the dead victim or the police officer who shot him. I am not going to get pissed off no matter how this turns out, I don't have to have the victim to be in the right or have to have the cop to be in the right, I just want an UNBIASED investigation, I want REAL FACTS, and I want an UNBIASED and LOGICAL conclusion to be arrived at based on the facts. If all of that happens I will be satisfied. I will never be happy no matter what happens, a young man is dead, and has been very unfairly vilified and lied about, and from all appearances a darn good cop has been unfairly vilified and lied about. If the UNBIASED truth comes out, then I will feel satisfied that correct outcome is arrived it, if it was a justified shooting, so be it, if it was unjustified then the police officer will be rightly prosecuted. Unfortunately I believe that no matter what TWO lives have been forever altered...