PDA

View Full Version : Just made a nice primavera sauce, & getting ready to........

suncat05
08-10-2014, 11:54 AM
watch the game and maybe clean a few guns.

I bought a nice Ruger LC9 for my daughter for graduation from nursing school, but she has had her nose in her books getting ready for her state board exam this coming week, so we have not put any rounds downrange yet. And I will not do it, it's her gun, so she gets to put the first rounds through it. But I won't lie, I really want to shoot that gun.
The sauce will cook for a few hours, and then I'll put it in the fridge overnight so that all the different flavors blend together like they should.

Onions, garlic, red bell pepper, mushrooms, zucchini squash, yellow squash, carrots, green peas, with lots of olive oil and tomato puree & tomato paste. I did this just for my daughter, because she is still on this "I'm a pescatarian" kick and will only eat all vegetable foods, with the only meat she eats being anything seafood. But I did buy some Italian sausage, I'll cook that on the side and her Mom & I will have that.

See you guys later, as I am now retreating to my bedroom to watch the game and clean a gun or two.

GO BIG BLUE!

jazyd
08-10-2014, 12:40 PM
I want the recipe. Send PM. Lol

AshCat
08-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Sounds really good to me too! Would also love to have the recipe.

suncat05
08-11-2014, 07:13 AM
jazy & AshCat, check your PM's.

dan_bgblue
08-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Will you be kind enough to share the recipe with a third pasta lover?

blueboss
08-11-2014, 08:17 PM
I m not sure what I want more, a piping hot dish w/sausage or to take the gun out for a spin.

I was kind of interested in a Springfield XD .40 for the wife, if the right deal came along.

jazyd
08-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Sounds like suncat needs to put it here for everyone :)

Will you be kind enough to share the recipe with a third pasta lover?

Darrell KSR
08-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Suncat probably protects those recipes. Doesn't want a spambot, or worse yet, a Louisville fan, picking it up. ;)

MickintheHam
08-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Suncat, I'm sure your primavera sauce is excellent. Have you ever tried it with adding asparagus or broccoli? I add about 2 inches of the asparagus tips as the last item so they are just barely cooked. While primavera is not my Italian sauce of choice, it's a great way to get some veggies that I might not frequently eat into a recipe.

suncat05
08-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Mick, not a big broccoli fan, but the asparagus tips is a good idea. I just may try that the next time I roll this recipe out!

MickintheHam
08-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Trust me, it's about the only way I would eat broccoli.

On a side note, once a month for Sunday Dinner my daughter and I have decided to fix a veggie we don't like and find a way to make it taste good. We have conquered Brussel Sprouts, asparagus, and cauliflower. Broccoli is next. We have agreed that beets isn't a vegetable so we won't try them.

suncat05
08-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Yeah, beets have me stumped too. I don't even like to look at them, much less find them on my plate.

My daughter has just raved about how good the primavera sauce turned out. And it's the first time in many, many moons that I didn't have a meat of some type in the gravy, although I did pan fry some hot Italian sausage links up last night to have with lunch today. PERFECTO!

And, in other good news that came out today, my daughter is officially a Registered Nurse in the state of Florida! She took her state board exam on Tuesday, found out she had passed on Wednesday, and received her state nursing identification number today! Yay! for Mom & me! Finally! .................now honey, Daddy loves you and everything, but can ya PLEASE go out and get a job? Hehehe.........

suncat05
08-14-2014, 11:43 AM
And we still haven't had a chance to take that gun out for a test spin yet! But I have cleaned it and did the Militec-1 heat treatment on it, twice, and they did take it with them when they went on the road for the exam the other day. Just need to put some rounds downrange now!

MickintheHam
08-14-2014, 07:39 PM
Yeah, beets have me stumped too. I don't even like to look at them, much less find them on my plate.

My daughter has just raved about how good the primavera sauce turned out. And it's the first time in many, many moons that I didn't have a meat of some type in the gravy, although I did pan fry some hot Italian sausage links up last night to have with lunch today. PERFECTO!

And, in other good news that came out today, my daughter is officially a Registered Nurse in the state of Florida! She took her state board exam on Tuesday, found out she had passed on Wednesday, and received her state nursing identification number today! Yay! for Mom & me! Finally! .................now honey, Daddy loves you and everything, but can ya PLEASE go out and get a job? Hehehe.........
Congrats to your daughter and the fine family who molded and shaped her values!!

Darrell KSR
08-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Congrats, Suncat! Wonderful news.

suncat05
08-15-2014, 06:49 AM
Thank you Darrell & Mick. It was a long road to get her there, but now her hard work & effort will make her dreams come true. And Mom & I can maybe sit back and enjoy life a little more.

KSRBEvans
08-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Trust me, it's about the only way I would eat broccoli.

On a side note, once a month for Sunday Dinner my daughter and I have decided to fix a veggie we don't like and find a way to make it taste good. We have conquered Brussel Sprouts, asparagus, and cauliflower. Broccoli is next. We have agreed that beets isn't a vegetable so we won't try them.

I grew up never eating beets, so of course I hated them. ;) I've learned that I love roasted beets, especially in a salad. Peel them and roast them in an oven for about 60-90 minutes (depending on the size of the beet), like you would a potato. They come out sweet and a little buttery tasting.

Then slice them and put them on salad greens of your choice--we like a spring mix, but anything will do. Add some goat cheese or another type of mild soft cheese and some walnuts. Dress with a vinaigrette of your choice. A nice, light summer dinner with a soup.

And congrats to your daughter, suncat!

suncat05
08-15-2014, 10:27 AM
Thank you KSRBEvans!

MickintheHam
08-18-2014, 09:52 AM
I grew up never eating beets, so of course I hated them. ;) I've learned that I love roasted beets, especially in a salad. Peel them and roast them in an oven for about 60-90 minutes (depending on the size of the beet), like you would a potato. They come out sweet and a little buttery tasting.

Then slice them and put them on salad greens of your choice--we like a spring mix, but anything will do. Add some goat cheese or another type of mild soft cheese and some walnuts. Dress with a vinaigrette of your choice. A nice, light summer dinner with a soup.

And congrats to your daughter, suncat!

Thanks. That will be our Sunday vegetable this week.