PDA

View Full Version : Education making robotic kids

jazyd
08-09-2014, 11:30 PM
I gripe here often about education and what I see. I feel justified to gripe since my daughter is a teacher and my wife taught math for. 9 years before we moved to Miss.

And for the teachers here this is not aimed at you but rather I feel for you.

First, high school classrooms that have teachers that are lazy and show movies because they are too lazy to teach a full day. I am talking showing seniors Finding Nemo. Several girls that have worked for me have said they have watched that movie at least 25 times in 3 years of HS and this school is the second largest in the state, but they do have great athletics :). One girl said...well it's about fish and we watched it in a biology. I had to explain it was a cartoon.

Well we were told one yesterday that made me glad I am no longer a parent of a school age student. We live in a very good school district, one of the tops in the state. My daughter graduated from here and was an honor graduate at Miss State and 3 of the 5 4.0 students that graduated from MSU with her were in her HS graduating class, so it has good students, but I wonder about the future. One of the elementary schools has new rules this year, they started this week. When they walk in the halls they must stay between the white lines and if they get a toe out they get in trouble. When in lunch line they must stay between lines, when stopped they must stand on a painted square, look straight forward at the hair of the person in front and do not move their heads to the side, if they bring their lunch and it's in a box with a strap it must be under their left arm with strap on left shoulder and arms crossed in front of them, and if they have a box w/o straps the box goes under the left arm and arms folded in front of them. My daughters school isn't quite this bad but it's close.

That is turning kids into robots. I was talking to a customer today whose daughter goes there and was telling her and she looked still her daughter and asked if all that was true and of course she said yes. The mom was stunned.

My daughters new principle has told every teacher they must turn in their lesson plans for her to review to make sure they adhere to common core to the T. She rejected one of my daughters after the first Teo days because she said it didn't meet core standards even though Meredith said it did. No way this lady can review every plan each week and fo her job. Teachers also must present to her everything that must have copies made for her approval

Folks this is all nuts. Want to know why home schooling has increased

Throw in docs crap he just went through. We have ultra liberals teaching in our colleges and education boards that are idiots.

We are doomed

PedroDaGr8
08-10-2014, 01:00 PM
I gripe here often about education and what I see. I feel justified to gripe since my daughter is a teacher and my wife taught math for. 9 years before we moved to Miss.

And for the teachers here this is not aimed at you but rather I feel for you.

First, high school classrooms that have teachers that are lazy and show movies because they are too lazy to teach a full day. I am talking showing seniors Finding Nemo. Several girls that have worked for me have said they have watched that movie at least 25 times in 3 years of HS and this school is the second largest in the state, but they do have great athletics :). One girl said...well it's about fish and we watched it in a biology. I had to explain it was a cartoon.

Well we were told one yesterday that made me glad I am no longer a parent of a school age student. We live in a very good school district, one of the tops in the state. My daughter graduated from here and was an honor graduate at Miss State and 3 of the 5 4.0 students that graduated from MSU with her were in her HS graduating class, so it has good students, but I wonder about the future. One of the elementary schools has new rules this year, they started this week. When they walk in the halls they must stay between the white lines and if they get a toe out they get in trouble. When in lunch line they must stay between lines, when stopped they must stand on a painted square, look straight forward at the hair of the person in front and do not move their heads to the side, if they bring their lunch and it's in a box with a strap it must be under their left arm with strap on left shoulder and arms crossed in front of them, and if they have a box w/o straps the box goes under the left arm and arms folded in front of them. My daughters school isn't quite this bad but it's close.

That is turning kids into robots. I was talking to a customer today whose daughter goes there and was telling her and she looked still her daughter and asked if all that was true and of course she said yes. The mom was stunned.

My daughters new principle has told every teacher they must turn in their lesson plans for her to review to make sure they adhere to common core to the T. She rejected one of my daughters after the first Teo days because she said it didn't meet core standards even though Meredith said it did. No way this lady can review every plan each week and fo her job. Teachers also must present to her everything that must have copies made for her approval

Folks this is all nuts. Want to know why home schooling has increased

Throw in docs crap he just went through. We have ultra liberals teaching in our colleges and education boards that are idiots.

We are doomed

I usually disagree with you but the description you provide is VERY VERY disturbing. It's almost totalitarian in its rigor.