PDA

View Full Version : Senator Dude Abides

bigsky
08-09-2014, 11:27 AM
You might just see Jeff Bridges as the Senate Democrat nominee to replace plagiarist John Walsh who quit the race but not the Senate this week. Mr Bridges advocates a tough stance with the White Russians

CitizenBBN
08-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Then why's he running under the Obama umbrella? The guy he'll be expected to vote with wouldn't stand up to a mugger if he had a bazooka.

Doc
08-09-2014, 02:31 PM
Then why's he running under the Obama umbrella? The guy he'll be expected to vote with wouldn't stand up to a mugger if he had a bazooka.

Oh, Obama truly believe his stance with the Russians is "tough". Preventing some Russians and and their companies from doing business with American really hurt them. Cut Putin right off at the knees. Of course the cost of a good chicken breast will go down next week. :sHa_dielaughing:

CitizenBBN
08-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Oh, Obama truly believe his stance with the Russians is "tough". Preventing some Russians and and their companies from doing business with American really hurt them. Cut Putin right off at the knees. Of course the cost of a good chicken breast will go down next week. :sHa_dielaughing:

In his soul he believes this mess MUST somehow be due to America's actions and prior actions, and that if we just stay as uninvolved as possible it will all work out better.

He's a true Leftist, contemptuous of America and Western culture in general and believing that we just imperialist war mongers. it's the naive and simplistic view I'd expect of someone raised in Indonesia, I just wouldn't expect that person to then be elected as our President.

Ironically, and predictably, as he's pulled back American influence and willingness to act the level of human rights violations in the world has skyrocketed. But he can never admit that, never let go of his predetermined conclusions about american influence in order to see that we are imperfect but are by and large a tremendous positive influence to prevent things like the sweeping oppression being brought by radical Islam throughout the word as well as a brake on the imperialistic designs of nations like Russia and China.

our "imperialism" is a hegemony against their expansion and the repression that comes with it, and where we maintain that hegemony, like in Israel, you see generally better conditions than those areas outside our influence. Egypt is a good example where we maintained ties with their military leading to a hedge against radical Islam and providing on average better conditions than the surrounding nations despite it not being as good as we could have done if their people would embrace Western ideals of the rule of law. it was still a good thing, and a far better option than allowing radical Islam to take over and begin executing women for dressing wrong or allowing the region to slip into outright war as we've seen in Gaza thanks to our willingness to tolerate Hamas.

we've once again seen, as we did with Carter and the War on Poverty before it, that Leftism is in fact a morally and intellectually bankrupt drug that only serves to assuage the false guilt of the elite and serve their interests in keeping people ignorant and dependent. It fails at every level to serve America, from foreign affairs where our enemies rush to take advantage to domestically where we are now $20 trillion in debt and have done nothing substantive to raise people from poverty and illiteracy.

bigsky
08-09-2014, 04:16 PM
all seriousness aside, you gotta know the big Lebowski a bit better...the Dude, played by Jeff Bridges, DRINKS White Russians...which, back to being serious, is the breadth of his policy experience

Doc
08-09-2014, 04:56 PM
In his soul he believes this mess MUST somehow be due to America's actions and prior actions, and that if we just stay as uninvolved as possible it will all work out better.

He's a true Leftist, contemptuous of America and Western culture in general and believing that we just imperialist war mongers. it's the naive and simplistic view I'd expect of someone raised in Indonesia, I just wouldn't expect that person to then be elected as our President.

Ironically, and predictably, as he's pulled back American influence and willingness to act the level of human rights violations in the world has skyrocketed. But he can never admit that, never let go of his predetermined conclusions about american influence in order to see that we are imperfect but are by and large a tremendous positive influence to prevent things like the sweeping oppression being brought by radical Islam throughout the word as well as a brake on the imperialistic designs of nations like Russia and China.

our "imperialism" is a hegemony against their expansion and the repression that comes with it, and where we maintain that hegemony, like in Israel, you see generally better conditions than those areas outside our influence. Egypt is a good example where we maintained ties with their military leading to a hedge against radical Islam and providing on average better conditions than the surrounding nations despite it not being as good as we could have done if their people would embrace Western ideals of the rule of law. it was still a good thing, and a far better option than allowing radical Islam to take over and begin executing women for dressing wrong or allowing the region to slip into outright war as we've seen in Gaza thanks to our willingness to tolerate Hamas.

we've once again seen, as we did with Carter and the War on Poverty before it, that Leftism is in fact a morally and intellectually bankrupt drug that only serves to assuage the false guilt of the elite and serve their interests in keeping people ignorant and dependent. It fails at every level to serve America, from foreign affairs where our enemies rush to take advantage to domestically where we are now $20 trillion in debt and have done nothing substantive to raise people from poverty and illiteracy.

No, he actually truly believes that the current state of the world is at the greatest peaceful state that it has been in decades. Talk to a true liberal and they will try to convince you how safe the world is and how there are no "major" ongoing conflicts. I kid you not.

CitizenBBN
08-09-2014, 05:38 PM
No, he actually truly believes that the current state of the world is at the greatest peaceful state that it has been in decades. Talk to a true liberal and they will try to convince you how safe the world is and how there are no "major" ongoing conflicts. I kid you not.

Fair enough doc, I'm sure they see utopia everywhere especially when they are in the white house.

Sent using Forum Runner

CitizenBBN
08-09-2014, 05:39 PM
all seriousness aside, you gotta know the big Lebowski a bit better...the Dude, played by Jeff Bridges, DRINKS White Russians...which, back to being serious, is the breadth of his policy experience

Sorry for missing the joke, never saw the movie. I know that's a lapse on my part. I liked him in Tucker.

Sent using Forum Runner

Doc
08-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Fair enough doc, I'm sure they see utopia everywhere especially when they are in the white house.

Sent using Forum Runner

Sometimes its shocking who stupid people are. Try talking to them about the instability in the middle east and how its falling apart and their first response typically is that it hasn't been stable for over 3,000 years. Now there is a great argument. Iran is a few months from having a nuclear bomb and I have little doubt they will supply it to ISIS who will then fullfil one goal and test it on Israel, unless Israel blows the crap out of them first (while Kerry and Obama suggest they sit back and exercise restraint). And once they realize it works its on to a second goal You know who the next target is, right?

Yeah, they didn't have nuclear bombs 3,000 years ago so I didn't give a rats ass.

bigsky
08-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Sorry for missing the joke, never saw the movie. I know that's a lapse on my part. I liked him in Tucker. Sent using Forum Runner s'okay the whole dang Thing's been a joke.

jazyd
08-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Nuke them before they nuke us

QUOTE=Doc;202598]Sometimes its shocking who stupid people are. Try talking to them about the instability in the middle east and how its falling apart and their first response typically is that it hasn't been stable for over 3,000 years. Now there is a great argument. Iran is a few months from having a nuclear bomb and I have little doubt they will supply it to ISIS who will then fullfil one goal and test it on Israel, unless Israel blows the crap out of them first (while Kerry and Obama suggest they sit back and exercise restraint). And once they realize it works its on to a second goal You know who the next target is, right?

Yeah, they didn't have nuclear bombs 3,000 years ago so I didn't give a rats ass.[/QUOTE]

suncat05
08-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Now I'm really beginning to wonder if Nostradamus' vision of a future nuclear attack against us will be a reality. The stage is, at this point, certainly looking like it may be set for just such an event.

He said it would come from Persia, from a Muslim wearing a blue turban. Persia is Iraq/Iran/Syria. Don't know who the guy in the blue turban is yet, but I'm sure he'll make his presence known somewhere along the way.

Watching this Muslim Caliphate spring to life before our very own eyes is some damn scary stuff. And we have an 'enabler' sitting in the most important chair in the world, just letting it happen. :sAng_soapbox:

bigsky
08-10-2014, 08:52 PM
as someone recently said, Israel will be better off if John Kerry stays home and learns to ride that girls bike. is the world safer after 5+yrs of Obama?