PDA

View Full Version : My conversation with an Internet Scammer

Darrell KSR
08-01-2014, 07:22 PM
You may remember that I had some fun with Internet scammers when my son was looking for a car on Craigslist before. Well, he is looking again and they are out in full force, just a little more hidden. I ran across one this afternoon, and had some fun he/she/it as shown.

SCAMMER-
Hi,
First of all I want to thank you for your interest.The car is in perfect condition, no electric problems, no accidents/liens/loans. No scratches, never been repainted. I have all the car manuals, title, documents. I'm selling this car because my child of only 24 died 4 months ago in a car accident, a drunk driver hit him and his fiancee. He was with his fiance's car coming to our home at his little brother birthday of 16 years old. The car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it. The final price is $1,990.Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay Protection Program. We will take care of the shipping so don't worry.If you have any other questions, or need more info, please free to ask.

We hope to hear soon from you.

ME: I'm an attorney. Do you need help in filing a lawsuit against the drunk driver? You cannot sell it as it is evidence.

Darrell KSR
08-01-2014, 07:24 PM
SCAMMER - Hi again ,
My car is located at eBay's warehouse in Springfield,Missouri. It's already sealed and waiting to be delivered anywhere since someone agree to buy it but at the end he never got the money. I already paid the shipping for him as he was out of state (for this reason the shipping is included) Also the price is small $1,990 because i need money fast for my research and really don't have time to negotiate(I'm researching the Ocean with my husband). All the documents including the title and the bill of sale will come along with the car and it will take no more than 2-3 days to arrive at your address.
The transaction will be made through eBay Motors because they can protect both of us and they also offer 5 days inspection period. You'll have 5 days to test the car before decided to keep it or not. If the car is not like I described you'll ship it back on my expense and they will give you a full refund. eBay will hold the funds until you receive the car. Only after you confirm them that you wanna keep it they will release me the funds. In this way you will be able to inspect the vehicle before committing to buy it.

If you want to start the transaction with eBay reply me your full name and full shipping address then a eBay will contact you with more instructions by e-mail.
Thank you once again.

ME - I will represent you and the estate (we may need to get a writ of resurrection to dinsinter your son from his place of rest). I will handle on a contingency fee, however you will need to pay expenses. We can handle those through eBay since you are already familiar with the process.

Thank you so much for allowing me to be of service to you and your family during your great time of sorrow. You did not advise as to the condition of your son's fiancee, but my son is single and may be interested. Can you please forward her telephone number for him?

Darrell KSR
08-01-2014, 07:26 PM
After I didn't get a response, I tried again.

ME -
I have not heard from you and I am sorry if I offended you. I thought that 4 months was enough grieving time to allow the fiancee to begin dating again. My son is an excellent driver who so far has managed to avoid all drunk drivers on the road therefore it may give her a degree of comfort to know that she will not experience that again.

If this is a deal breaker, you do not have to send me her telephone number.

Darrell KSR
08-01-2014, 07:31 PM
That got a response.

SCAMMER - I'm not so good at explanations but I will try to explain you how it will work:
First you have to give me your name and address so that i will send them to eBay.
They will then send you the invoice and then this is what will follow:
1) You will make the payment like is stated on invoice.
2) You will confirm the payment details at eBay.
3) They will inform me that the payment has been made.As soon as i will receive the confirmation from them I will start the shipping
4) I will send you the car to your address and the shipping is free !
5) You will have 5 days to take a decision if you want to keep or not the car.
After you will receive the car and decide to buy,it you will contact eBay to release the payment to me. If you don't want to keep the car eBay will refund your money immediately.
I'm waiting for your last decision. God Bless

ME - Oh, I think I understand. You would like to pay less on the contingency fee. Do not worry, I will charge only 33-1/3% plus expenses, which you agreed to pay through eBay. I estimate the resurrection and disinterment expenses will be $2,000, so you can put $100 in $5 bills when you ship it to me for the difference.

Is the girlfriend currently dating anyone? We would like to get in early before she gets on the market again. As you can tell from us jumping on the car quickly, whether it is a car or a grieving ex-girlfriend, we like to act fast when we know what we want. But can you send pictures of the girlfriend, too?

I am looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship. Maybe some day you and your husband can show my wife and I around the Ocean. It would be fun to do so with an expert.

KeithKSR
08-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Tell them you will send a check for $10,000, then they can wire you the excess funds.

Lfbj00
08-06-2014, 09:55 PM
"Is the girlfriend currently dating anyone? We would like to get in early before she gets on the market again. As you can tell from us jumping on the car quickly, whether it is a car or a grieving ex-girlfriend, we like to act fast when we know what we want. But can you send pictures of the girlfriend, too?"

:sHa_dielaughing::sHa_dielaughing:

kingcat
08-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Be assured that the vehicle will be dropped off for delivery just as soon as the money is confirmed....shipping is free!

http://www.collegehunkshaulingjunk.com/user_files/images/Pictures/junk-car-removal-296px.jpg