PDA

View Full Version : Mitch vs. Lundergren Grimes

blueboss
07-29-2014, 05:40 PM
A lot riding on the shoulders of the voters in the Commonwealth. Grimes is going all in spending a boat load of money on TV spots as well as bringing in gunslingers (slick Willie) to sing her praises. Mitch may have a fight on his hands with more than just local politics at stake, how do you guys see this one playing out? I'm hoping he's waiting to run a full court press in the second half because currently he is getting out played with early campaigning at least here in the Louisville area.

CitizenBBN
07-29-2014, 11:44 PM
She's concentrating in Louisville, where she has her best shot by far of getting votes. Her obama ties make her a non-starter in coal country I'd think.

that family is dirty as Hades, you could not vote for a more "career back room politician" than Lundy's daughter. The DNC left is spending hard for her,but it's telling the money is being mostly poured in from out of state. They're going to try to buy the seat, but usually that's an uphill battle in any race with outside money.

Fortunately Mitch is a pretty savvy politician, hopefully he does a good job and pulls it out. I don't particularly like him, and have my issues, but between Mitch and an Obama/Leftist meat puppet I take Mitch every time. Mitch is a "party man" and she's a "party gal", but her party is the party of Obama, about a billion times worse than the GOP sellout express.

Also, since both are basically just party hacks, vote for the one with all the seniority who brings the funding to Kentucky. Grimes wont' get squat for the state for a decade, if the GOP wins the Senate we have the Senate Majority Leader, and that means money for this state.

that's crass and I wish it weren't even the case, but that money is going to go somewhere so we can send it to Harry Reid and Nevada or we can take it, our choice all based on who we elect in this race.

suncat05
07-30-2014, 07:10 AM
It's a truly sad state of affairs when the people's choices come down to 2 career party hacks, huh?

KeithKSR
07-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Grimes has the advantage of no one knowing her stance on issues, that advantage disappears as campaigning begins in earnest and her pro-Obama record becomes more well known.

suncat05
07-30-2014, 09:49 AM
I have to wonder as to how many times Hollywood celebs like Clooney & Ashley Judd will drop in to help her campaign, as well as the POTUS & his wife too?

MickintheHam
07-30-2014, 10:23 AM
She's concentrating in Louisville, where she has her best shot by far of getting votes. Her obama ties make her a non-starter in coal country I'd think.

that family is dirty as Hades, you could not vote for a more "career back room politician" than Lundy's daughter. The DNC left is spending hard for her,but it's telling the money is being mostly poured in from out of state. They're going to try to buy the seat, but usually that's an uphill battle in any race with outside money.

Fortunately Mitch is a pretty savvy politician, hopefully he does a good job and pulls it out. I don't particularly like him, and have my issues, but between Mitch and an Obama/Leftist meat puppet I take Mitch every time. Mitch is a "party man" and she's a "party gal", but her party is the party of Obama, about a billion times worse than the GOP sellout express.

Also, since both are basically just party hacks, vote for the one with all the seniority who brings the funding to Kentucky. Grimes wont' get squat for the state for a decade, if the GOP wins the Senate we have the Senate Majority Leader, and that means money for this state.

that's crass and I wish it weren't even the case, but that money is going to go somewhere so we can send it to Harry Reid and Nevada or we can take it, our choice all based on who we elect in this race.

I believe your comments are on target. What I find interesting is that Mitch has done so much for UofL, it has to translate into votes for him. I can see where the Dems will get the welfare crowd to the polls. But, I have to believe many moderate dems in Louisville will see what Mitch has done for their university and decide to stick with him. I agree Louisville is her best bet along with the leftist radical voters in Lexington. I am encouraged with what the polls are showing.

KSRBEvans
07-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Mitch is going to spending a ton of $ on ads trying to hang Obama around Grimes' neck. And Bill Clinton is going to be in Kentucky so much on behalf of Grimes that he might as well apply for in-state residency.

Ultimately I think Mitch wins by 3-4 points. Not enough Democratic votes inside the Watterson in Louisville to carry Grimes across the finish line.

KeithKSR
07-30-2014, 06:57 PM
The EPA/Obama war on coal is going to be a killer issue for Grimes.

CitizenBBN
07-30-2014, 10:48 PM
It's a truly sad state of affairs when the people's choices come down to 2 career party hacks, huh?

Yep, but it is what it is, and there is a BIG difference between the poor choice and the truly horrid choice.

I will say Mitch has surprised me and been more embracing of the more Rand paul side of the party than I expected. He's a true pragmatist, and in this case with the GOP leaning more to libertarianism he will lean more that way b/c it's smart politics for him. That isn't fabulous, but it beats some of the House leadership who have actively opposed that move.

"Ditch Mitch" is about ditching insider politicians more than anything else, and I'm all for that, but electing Jerry Lundy's daughter is the exact opposite of that goal. A deeply politically and monetarily connected family that was hand picked by the party glitterati b/c of her strong allegiance to the national party.

CitizenBBN
07-30-2014, 10:57 PM
I agree Louisville is her best bet along with the leftist radical voters in Lexington. I am encouraged with what the polls are showing.

Like Bevans I don't think just Jeff Co will be enough to get her over the top, and like you I hope his work for UL undercuts it some to make it not a race.

You said a mouth full about our leftist subculture here. We definitely have one, complete with the superiority complex and crazy voting habits. I'm going to start a thread on here about our current obsession with "affordable housing" and the true idiocy of how it's unfolding here.

Darrell KSR
07-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Yep, but it is what it is, and there is a BIG difference between the poor choice and the truly horrid choice.

Isn't that the sad truth, too.

UKStucat
07-31-2014, 07:23 PM
I live in Floyd County and in coal country and Grimes is going to have a hard time convincing people in this part of the state that she is not just an "Obama crony."

badrose
08-01-2014, 08:46 AM
What are the polls saying right now?

KSRBEvans
08-01-2014, 10:50 AM
^Most recent (a CJ poll) had McConnell up 2. RCP average is McConnell +2.5.:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/ky/kentucky_senate_mcconnell_vs_grimes-3485.html

suncat05
08-01-2014, 03:11 PM
+2.5 isn't a substantial lead by any stretch of the imagination. And let's not forget that Mitch hasn't endeared himself to some that are further to the right in the not-too-distant past. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Eric Cantor disaster. But to his credit, he didn't go all out to do any of the stuff that Cantor pulled within the in-state party politics, so that is in Mitch's favor there. And also to Mitch's credit is that he did not once(at least to my recollection) bend his knee to Obama or any of the crap that Obama has been doing.

suncat05
08-01-2014, 03:28 PM
And I also believe that if the Senate becomes Republican controlled, and the House stays Republican, Obama will be a muddy lame duck because he'll get zero from either body.
I am very interested to see exactly what kind of Senate Majority leader Mitch will really be, if it does come to pass.

UKHistory
08-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Mitch is increasingly more vulnerable with each election. I would be surprised that he can win re-election six years from now. He gets this one. But I don't think he holds for another term after this one.

Mitch is going to spending a ton of $ on ads trying to hang Obama around Grimes' neck. And Bill Clinton is going to be in Kentucky so much on behalf of Grimes that he might as well apply for in-state residency.

Ultimately I think Mitch wins by 3-4 points. Not enough Democratic votes inside the Watterson in Louisville to carry Grimes across the finish line.

blueboss
08-03-2014, 10:15 AM
News coverage of Fancy Farm had Mitch getting hit pretty hard, of course the news coverage just showed democratic clips of the picnic....no obvious agenda there. (WLKY 32 Louisville)

CitizenBBN
08-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Mitch is increasingly more vulnerable with each election. I would be surprised that he can win re-election six years from now. He gets this one. But I don't think he holds for another term after this one.

Yep and I think he knows it. If he can hold on and the GOP does its job he's Majority Leader, then retires.

There's a very outside chance Kentucky could have the Majority Leader and a President at the same time. Won't happen but I can dream.

CitizenBBN
08-03-2014, 11:17 PM
News coverage of Fancy Farm had Mitch getting hit pretty hard, of course the news coverage just showed democratic clips of the picnic....no obvious agenda there. (WLKY 32 Louisville)

Yep no surprise there. I'm sure they didn't cover where Grimes commented last week that Israel's "Iron Dome" would defend against tunnels. The Iron Dome of course is an anti-missile defense system, and even if one didn't know that the idea of a "dome" protecting against a tunnel is befuddling on its face.

blueboss
08-04-2014, 08:00 PM
Sorry I mis spoke earlier when I mentioned Grimes blundered about Mitch's wife's ethnicity, here's the link it was a democratic strategist who responded to Mitch's statement about his "wife being the only Ky women serving in a presidents cabinet"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/04/democrat-strategist-apologizes-erases-account-after-making-racially-charged/

CitizenBBN
08-04-2014, 11:26 PM
I was unaware you can move to Kentucky as a child, grow up and marry here, live for decades here and you're still not a Kentuckian, but Asian. How's the weather in 1880?

suncat05
08-05-2014, 07:17 AM
No more unusual than a guy here recently telling me that my wife isn't "a real American". It's whatever fits their agenda at that moment.

Stupidity & hatefulness knows no limits anymore. Or so it seems.

dan_bgblue
08-07-2014, 07:08 PM
Which hospital is he in? I would like to send him a bigot card

blueboss
08-07-2014, 08:55 PM
No more unusual than a guy here recently telling me that my wife isn't "a real American". It's whatever fits their agenda at that moment.

Stupidity & hatefulness knows no limits anymore. Or so it seems.

:(

blueboss
08-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Which hospital is he in? I would like to send him a bigot card

:)

dan_bgblue
08-11-2014, 11:52 AM
If McConnell wins, he will need to thank Hal Rogers profusely.

KeithKSR
08-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Hollywood stars have contributed heavily to the Grimes campaign. Most are global warming enthusiasts. Says a lot about how the think Grimes stands on coal.

CitizenBBN
08-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Hollywood stars have contributed heavily to the Grimes campaign. Most are global warming enthusiasts. Says a lot about how the think Grimes stands on coal.

She's been getting anti-gun money too. Anyone who will give her a nickel to beat Mitch.

As I've said I'm not a fan of Mitch, but I'm not going to jump out of the Washington insider frying pan and into the fire, and that's what Lundy is all about and so is his daughter.

KSRBEvans
08-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Latest poll from a Democratic polling group has Mitch up 5:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/ky/kentucky_senate_mcconnell_vs_grimes-3485.html

blueboss
09-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Local poll has Mitch back up by 4 points, hope you Ky boys can keep it going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
09-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I hope so too. There's a slanted piece on the race on Fox, written by one of Clinton's campaign people no less, that tries to paint Grimes as opposing Obama on coal issues.

Man that's a laugh. Yeah she ran an ad taking that position, but he fails to mention how she's being funded mostly by Obama's "green wing" enviro-nuts. He mentions the Koch brothers of course, just not where Grimes' money is coming from. She's even getting anti-gun group money.

It's all too clear this race is about Senate control, which is why it will be the most expensive Senate race in history, and it will either be Obama's leftists (b/c he is President and Reid is clearly on board) or the GOP. I have no love for the GOP establishment, but they are damned sight better choice than handing Obama more power for 2 years.

Grimes is hard core party line, second generation. A vote for her really is a vote for Obama and his policies, as it will keep the Senate under his control and thus unable to oppose him in concert with the House on EPA regs, our inept foreign policy, judicial appointments, you name it. She'll vote as Reid tells her to vote, and even if she doesn't here and there we will still have kept Reid in power and thus Obama in power, with no way to pressure him into acting on things like ISIS or backing off his other agendas.

This is a lesser of evils election, but the choice is still very clear.

BigBluePappy
09-03-2014, 05:51 PM
"This is a lesser of evils election, but the choice is still very clear."

Yes, sir.
But, I will still feel the need for a shower afterwards.
And maybe a Blessing.

CitizenBBN
09-03-2014, 06:14 PM
"This is a lesser of evils election, but the choice is still very clear."

Yes, sir.
But, I will still feel the need for a shower afterwards.
And maybe a Blessing.

Yeah, I can't say I'll be devoting much time to how proud I was of my vote in my memoirs. But in one way I really will be proud. If Kentucky elects Mitch and the GOP gets the Senate back it will have two big pluses:

1) A Kentuckian will be Majority Leader. That's something to be proud of, and will greatly benefit the state in many ways even outside politics.

2) We will have been a critical, if not the critical state, in the GOP getting the senate, which means Obama gets severe restrictions on what will otherwise be a field day of leftist appointments to the judiciary and other positions over the next 2 years. It will be huge for the future of the country if we can can limit it only to the few months from November till January.

So while I'd rather be voting for someone far less establishment, in the end it will mean some very positive things for the nation even if it's not nearly as many as it might be if we could sweep out all the establishment party politics.

blueboss
09-03-2014, 07:30 PM
In such a race important to both parties and especially the democrats the one thing that won't be seen in KY is Air Force 1, but KY will get a steady dose of the likes of Bill Clinton. The ironic part is Clinton didn't fare well in the state during his run but is much more popular than numb nuts, and they're hoping slick willy can grin his way to few stolen votes.

Oddly with Clinton's agenda on green initiatives including the decimation of coal they are still sending him to help Blunder Grimes.

KeithKSR
09-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Hollywood is funneling lots of money to Grimes, as are the big unions.

CitizenBBN
09-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Yeah they've had Clinton all over the place. Guess they're hoping no one will notice he's not actually running for office and isn't who she'll answer to if she wins.

KSRBEvans
09-04-2014, 07:41 AM
2 polls out in the last 2 days have McConnell up between 4-5:

suncat05
09-05-2014, 11:58 AM
Clinton is speniding some time down here in Florida too, trying to help 'ol "confused" Charlie Crist be elected as Governor. This is another race where I will have to hold my nose when I vote, and take a shower afterwards, because neither Scott or Crist are good choices, IMHO.

Doc
09-05-2014, 02:35 PM
Scott is a better choice than Crist.

suncat05
09-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Scott is a better choice than Crist.

I do agree, Doc. but Scott is not better by much. The guy HATES public service employees, as evidenced by the fact that both he and the legislature keep monkeying with my damn retirement, and the retirements of every other cop, firefighters and EMS/Paramedics in the state. He'll make you believe he loves teachers with the way he carries on about them, but he hates them too.
So we have Obama hugging & loving Charlie Crist, or sneaking, deceitful, possibly thieving Rick Scott.

Great choices, huh? :sAng_soapbox:

DanISSELisdaman
09-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Which hospital is he in? I would like to send him a bigot card:sHa_dielaughing:

Doc
09-05-2014, 09:27 PM
I do agree, Doc. but Scott is not better by much. The guy HATES public service employees, as evidenced by the fact that both he and the legislature keep monkeying with my damn retirement, and the retirements of every other cop, firefighters and EMS/Paramedics in the state. He'll make you believe he loves teachers with the way he carries on about them, but he hates them too.
So we have Obama hugging & loving Charlie Crist, or sneaking, deceitful, possibly thieving Rick Scott.

Great choices, huh? :sAng_soapbox:

My partner's wife is a former teacher, now works as a psychologist, in the school system. There is no belief among them that he loves teachers. All public employees have felt the fiscal pinch. I'm not sure I blame that all on him though as the problem with the pensions isn't his doing. Like so many elected public officials, the consequences down the line are not considered since they are not the ones who have to deal with them.

KSRBEvans
09-09-2014, 09:15 AM
New NBC poll has Mitch up 8:

http://newscms.nbcnews.com/sites/newscms/files/maristkentuckysept2014.pdf

Many interesting things in the poll's internals, but both Mitch and Grimes have a net unfavorable. Mitch's favorable/unfavorable is -3 among likely voters, -5 among registered voters and -8 among residents. Yet he leads by 8. People are really fed up with politics and politicians.

blueboss
09-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Grimes seems to be sliding ever so slightly day by day

KSRBEvans
10-14-2014, 02:08 PM
The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is "going dark" (no longer running ads) in the KY race, funneling $ into the GA race:

http://atr.rollcall.com/elections-2014-dscc-kentucky-mitch-mcconnell/

CitizenBBN
10-14-2014, 02:25 PM
The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is "going dark" (no longer running ads) in the KY race, funneling $ into the GA race:

http://atr.rollcall.com/elections-2014-dscc-kentucky-mitch-mcconnell/

Huge. Their internal polling told them it was a low probability of success compared to other campaigns. Hope they're right, and that they still lose in Georgia.

dan_bgblue
10-14-2014, 03:01 PM
If Chambliss had not decided to step down, there would be no contest for the seat in GA

KeithKSR
10-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Huge. Their internal polling told them it was a low probability of success compared to other campaigns. Hope they're right, and that they still lose in Georgia.

Yep, nothing is more indicative as to how things are really going than having the party yank funding from a candidate and spend it elsewhere.

ukblue
10-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Watch the two youtubes on Grimes.

UKHistory
10-15-2014, 11:17 AM
In the Ky senate seat race, the option are limited in terms of the major parties. Mitch is Mitch but Grimes is not ready for the senate. I wince at her answers and her attempts to criticize Mitch while not really giving the voter a real alternative.

The Dems pulled out because Grimes has run very publicly against Obama and won't admit to voting for him. Hiding behind the ballot box while running for public office is sad.

New NBC poll has Mitch up 8:

http://newscms.nbcnews.com/sites/newscms/files/maristkentuckysept2014.pdf

Many interesting things in the poll's internals, but both Mitch and Grimes have a net unfavorable. Mitch's favorable/unfavorable is -3 among likely voters, -5 among registered voters and -8 among residents. Yet he leads by 8. People are really fed up with politics and politicians.

kingcat
10-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Sad days when MC, especially as he is now, is seen as the better candidate over anyone.

Doc
10-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Sad days when MC, especially as he is now, is seen as the better candidate over anyone.

I agree, and its a sad day that its possible that he will be the leader of the house. Will he be better than Ried? I'm not so sure. I really does suck that the Republican party can't or won't find a better leader than him and Boehner. Until they do its going to be more of the same.

CitizenBBN
10-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Video discussion of the DSCC pulling out of the race:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3841123781001/are-democrats-ditching-grimes-in-kentucky-senate-race/#sp=show-clips

The analysis from one guy was solid, he's from Harlan county. Said the DSCC and Grimes thought they could go into southeast Ky and convince them the joblessness etc. was on Mitch, and they're finding that Obama is so deeply disliked it isn't moving enough voters even though Mitch isn't liked and it's not exactly a GOP haven.

Of course that money goes to Georgia, which isn't good news for the overall battle, but maybe it won't pay off there.

Saying that the GOP may be able to shift some money as well in response and shore up in those areas.

CitizenBBN
10-15-2014, 05:36 PM
FWIW this race, IF Mitch does in fact win, could have helped the GOP a lot by bleeding off a lot of money that could have been spent against the GOP in other key races. Mitch had a warchest that was more local, like coal money, that may not have been spent in those races regardless, but Grimes' money has been national DNC Obama money and that money could have gone to any race in any state.

IF Mitch wins. Still a big huge mile high if.

UKHistory
10-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Mitch has been vulnerable for a while. 30 years in office means a portion of those people who helped elect him are not alive now. Democrats have been salivating for his seat and the Tea Party efforts to "ensure" Republican candidates behave conservatively enough push moderates to the right which further limits a current politican from appealing to modersates in both parties.

I do expect him to win as the more I watched Grimes I knew she was not capable. I think Mitch wins comfortably.

KSRBEvans
10-21-2014, 07:18 AM
The bad news (if you're a Mitch supporter): new Bluegrass poll has McConnell up only 1, 44-43, among likely voters:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/elections/kentucky/2014/10/20/october-bluegrass-poll-grimes-mcconnell/17619587/

The good news: that same poll actually had Grimes ahead by 2 three weeks ago. I think it's more of an outlier, since the other polls have been showing McConnell ahead by at least 3. (1 poll had McConnell up 8, but I don't believe that one, either.) The RCP average has McConnell up between 4-5:

CitizenBBN
10-21-2014, 10:03 PM
I guess I'll take that as good news since it's trending to Mitch.

I see very few signs and bumper stickers generally here in Lexington, but the few I do see are for Grimes. Part of that is my neighborhood being very liberal, but IMO a lot of it is that most who are voting for mitch don't "support" him in the "right man for the job" sense, but in the "right vote to cast given the options" way. We'll show up and vote, but won't really put the Mitch signs in our yard.

Also Lexington won't be what carries him. As we become bigger and more urban we become more liberal. Not really sure why it's that way.

KSRBEvans
10-27-2014, 08:59 AM
CBS/NY Times poll yesterday has Mitch up 6:

http://today.yougov.com/news/2014/09/07/senate-races-battleground-tracker/

That same poll had Mitch up 4 on 7/24, 5 on 9/2 and 6 on 10/1, so pretty consistent with a small-but-stable lead.

blueboss
10-31-2014, 12:08 AM
Bump::

Just a reminder for you folks in Ky, I know it's a lesser of two evils vote, but we're better off w/ Mitch..... For now

DanISSELisdaman
10-31-2014, 09:52 AM
I would like to see a bigger lead than that. When all the dead people and illegals get through voting, it could wipe that lead out.

cattails
11-04-2014, 09:48 PM
I would like to see a bigger lead than that. When all the dead people and illegals get through voting, it could wipe that lead out.

JMO but she didn't stand a chance.

blueboss
11-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Good job Ky, 14 points was a lot bigger than the polls suggested. Bad news for you guys is she's back in Frankfort w/ a chip

KSRBEvans
11-05-2014, 09:24 AM
So many were skeptical of the 2012 Presidential polls and they were laughed at when the election was over. But when so many polls are so off throughout the country, like they were last night, it feeds the skepticism on their accuracy.

Jack Conway was smart to stay away from 2014. In hindsight, no one was going to beat Mitch this election cycle. The guy's too disciplined, too tough and too well-funded, and the anti-Obama crest was too high.

Now Grimes is damaged goods. She showed she was not ready for the big stage. She can forget about running for Governor or any type of federal office anytime soon. Probably run for SoS again and lay low for awhile.

KSRBEvans
11-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Oh, and this is awesome:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=http://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_908w/2010-2019/Wires/Images/2014-11-04/Reuters/2014-11-05T002834Z_01_LOU110_RTRIDSP_3_USA-ELECTIONS-KENTUCKY.jpg&w=1484

CitizenBBN
11-05-2014, 09:45 AM
I think a real outsider may have been able to beat Mitch, but not a pretty face who has been born and raised in the inner sanctum of a political party that she can't distance herself from enough to get away from Obama.

She was a delegate to the convention, cast her vote for Obama and is funded through the national party so she couldn't get very far away from them with the purse strings attached. A true outsider, like the upset GOP candidate in Virginia, I think could have done it b/c Mitch is stale and not well liked as a long time member of an unpopular Congress, but it would have to be someone who was well financed AND not tied to Obama in any way.

That's a tough order b/c the only people who were going to fund a run at Mitch were going to be Obama people. I don't see how a candidate could have raised the money and run the race without that outside lefty financial support, and how you take that money and then run pro coal and against Obamacare, etc.

Maybe there's hope after all, with this repudiation of big government and leftism. That's not all it was but maybe, just maybe the GOP can put forth some mainstream but libertarian rooted policies and dare Obama to veto them and go down with the ship.

dan_bgblue
11-05-2014, 10:28 AM
Extremely important victories for the GOP last night and not just Mitch. It will balance the power when a Dem wins the presidency again in the next election.

badrose
11-05-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't want to start a new thread, but what's going on with Alaska? What's the delay?

dan_bgblue
11-05-2014, 04:28 PM
badrose, the Alaska news is reporting that there are still a boatload of absentee ballots to be counted

Alaska (http://www.adn.com/article/20141105/begich-faces-daunting-math-alaska-us-senate-race)

Doc
11-05-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't want to start a new thread, but what's going on with Alaska? What's the delay?

They are notoriously slow due to geography. The republican has a big lead last I heard but huge state with poor transportation system makes quick tabulation of results slow

badrose
11-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks, guys. Makes sense.

KeithKSR
11-06-2014, 11:50 AM
I don't think it mattered what Dem ran against Mitch, Obama's policies were on the ballot more so than any single candidate.

A really telling statistic out of the election was how close many of the Senate elections were in states that were deemed blue locks, like Virginia and New Hampshire.

blueboss
11-06-2014, 06:02 PM

They're busy legalizing weed...

dan_bgblue
11-06-2014, 07:40 PM
They're busy smoking weed...

Fixed it for you. ;-)

CitizenBBN
11-06-2014, 08:41 PM
Fixed it for you. ;-)

In fairness a lot of Alaska is only getting 6-7 hours of daylight this time of year. Not a whole lot to do. lol

dan_bgblue
11-06-2014, 09:05 PM
Sister in law was a nurse in the service and stationed in AK for a couple of years. I talked her off the ledge a couple of times on the phone while she was there. The twilight for months on end can really mess a person up.

CitizenBBN
11-06-2014, 09:25 PM
I'm one of the biggest night owls I know and I'm not sure I could take it. Avoiding the early sun hours is one thing, not having the option of any of them for 6 months is another.

dan_bgblue
11-12-2014, 01:31 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/12/gop-dan-sullivan-maintains-lead-in-alaska-senate-race-as-absentee-ballot-count/?intcmp=latestnews

MickintheHam
11-12-2014, 01:52 PM
54 would be nice.

Read an article today about the leadership vacuum in the Democrat Party created by Obama. Barry has led them over the cliff. Hillary is the only candidate for President with any name recognition or visible support. She may have more downside than upside. The 2010 and 2014 off year elections have wiped the Dems out of Governors and Senators who could put up a fight against Clinton. They have nothing but losers or retreads. Brown is too old to run. Cuomo shows no interest in running. Biden? Seriously? Biden? Eric Holder? Wasserman Shultz? Who?

Looks like Hillary to me. Bring it on baby!

suncat05
11-12-2014, 02:35 PM
It probably will be Hillary. But if anything about Benghazi gets thrown out and sticks to her she's toast especially after all the foreign policy fiascos, and ALL of the other nonsense coming out of Obama's camp.

But then again, Gruber said Americans are stupid, so maybe that witch does have a good chance of getting elected.

CitizenBBN
11-12-2014, 09:57 PM
It probably will be Hillary. But if anything about Benghazi gets thrown out and sticks to her she's toast especially after all the foreign policy fiascos, and ALL of the other nonsense coming out of Obama's camp.

But then again, Gruber said Americans are stupid, so maybe that witch does have a good chance of getting elected.

part of beating her will be to do just what was done this election, tie her to Obama. Not too hard to do since she was his Sec of State during multiple foreign policy debacles and the seeding of many more future ones.

I'd like to have more on her than that, but it's a start.

suncat05
11-14-2014, 10:46 AM
Oh, absolutely. She was his Secretary of State, therefore his worldwide emmissary(sp?) and his spokesperson. She was, she did, no getting around that. There's video evidence everywhere.

I am hoping that Obama & Benghazi will be the albatross around her neck that sinks her.

UKHistory
11-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Hillary can not run from Obama to far. But she will try. As evidence by Grimes, democrats were running against as much as away from the President durng the mid-terms.

Part of that is due to the President's unpopularity with so many. But key Hillary supporters like Grimes or Diane Feinstein are trying to move the party away from the President so Hillary will appear to be an agent of change as opposed to a continuation of democrats in the White House.

At first I thought Feinstein was legitimately concerned about US foreign policy when she was critical of the President. But I do think it has more to do with positioning for Hillary than anything. Politics as usual.

While the mid-terms were a big loss for the democrats, for Hillary the Republican victory is seen as an opportunity. God help this country is another Clinton makes it to the White House.

part of beating her will be to do just what was done this election, tie her to Obama. Not too hard to do since she was his Sec of State during multiple foreign policy debacles and the seeding of many more future ones.

I'd like to have more on her than that, but it's a start.