PDA

View Full Version : Have to Love Federal Investments

dan_bgblue
10-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Cart Before The Horse (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/08/lg-plant-that-got-150m-to-make-volt-batteries-in-michigan-puts-workers-on/)

jazyd
10-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I wish they would invest in my small company, I would be glad to go broke for say, a mear $10 million, maybe even $1 million.

CitizenBBN
10-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Just because a ton of money is poured into a product does not mean that people will buy it,”

Imagine that. Government can't just throw billions at the free market,, create artificial supply and make people change their demands. Supply doesn't create demand by force of law. Demand creates supply as the market fulfills the needs and wants of the people.

What a great contrast between the free market I believe is the core of what America is supposed to be about, where individuals with free will determine what is made, and the view of the Leftist elite who know what is best for us and will make us choose it either through the carrot of subsidies or the stick of making things illegal or pricing them out of the market through government intervention in the market.

People find electric cars inconvenient and unworkable for their lives, but the Left doesn't care about their individual problems. Mind you none of them drive those cars either, but this isn't about them, this is about them knowing what is best for you.

That's what's wrong with the Left, a conceit that cannot be captured in words that they have the answers and know what is best for us and if we disagree with those answers we just don't understand what is best for us and need them to force us to help ourselves.

I prefer the Libertarian approach. I have no idea what is best for you, you have no idea what works for me, so we'll open up the markets and you vote your dollars and live your life in your private choices and I'll vote my dollars and live mine, and the market will provide for us what we individually want better than any government.

Doc
10-09-2012, 07:07 AM
So all that American money to a s. Korean company plus millions in tax breaks. Interesting because supposidly it's Romney promoting jobs overseas and cutting taxes to the rich