PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up: WootStout 2.0 is out

PedroDaGr8
07-19-2014, 11:33 AM
For all of you in KY and California, Stones collaboration with Drew Curtis (of Lexington's Fark.com), Wil Wheaton and Aisha Tyler: wootStout is back and better than ever. It is a very limited release (KY and Cali only). Currently has a 94% rating on BeerAdvocate and according to a thread the Liquor Barn in Beaumont has it for $9-14 a bottle. It's pretty strong at 13% alcohol but is supposedly one of the best things to come out of stone recently.

To describe it I'll quote BeerAdvocate:

Stone w00tstout 2.0, a massive yet seductive imperial stout brewed with wheat, rye, pecans and stone-ground chocolate (a new addition to this year's recipe), then partially aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels.

I have one chilling in the fridge right now, so I will update this later today with the info.

CitizenBBN
07-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Wil Wheaton is involved in it? Cool.

it's a big deal at Village Idiot when it comes out. Wish I could say I'd head over there tonight and find out if they have it. lol

PedroDaGr8
07-20-2014, 01:45 AM
So I am still working on the bottle and lets just say I am comfortably numb. At 13.5% alcohol, it's almost like downing a bottle of wine! :653:

Let's say this is one RICH complex beer. My first impression was holy crap this is thick and rich. As far as imperial stouts go, its one of the best period! It's thick, dark, flavorful, nutty, bitter, sweet, etc. The 94% rating on beer advocate is truly worth it. I picked up two (one for tonight, one to age for six months or so). I'm now thinking that I should pick up a couple more. Honestly, I can really see this one getting better with age. It is so complex that I think the flavors would do even better after having some time to mellow. Honestly, Stone has hit TWO homerums in the past few months (Quadro Triticale and wootStout 2.0). Both have been incredible and are NOT hop bombs.

CitizenBBN
07-20-2014, 01:06 PM
OK, I'm going to have to break down and go get some if any is left at Liquor barn. Need to go anyway, I'm out of these kettle cooked peanuts I like that only they carry here in town. That and my tub of vodka that keeps me tolerating others. ;)