PDA

View Full Version : Murder rate drops as concealed carry permits rise, study claims

dan_bgblue
07-09-2014, 06:23 PM
What is your take on the study? (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/09/murder-drops-as-concealed-carry-permits-rise-claims-study/?intcmp=latestnews)

KeithKSR
07-10-2014, 09:23 AM
There certainly appears to be a definite link between CCW and violent crime rates. It was impossible to miss last weekend's violence outbreak in Chicago, a city with very restrictive weapons laws.

kingcat
07-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Five shots fired at my son-in-law a few weeks back after an attempted break in . It happened at 4:00 AM on a Sunday morning when he heard some noises and opened the front door.
Attempted murder charges soon to be brought against the assailant.

My area has gone from peaceful to dangerous in the last few years..
But that being said, I wish he had his own handgun to protect himself, my beloved daughter, and my precious grandkids. Bewcause after making bail on lesser charges, the guy has been walking around the area while we have been waiting for the case to be built against him.

From fear of reprisal they finally had to move from next door to me to an apartment a few miles away.

CitizenBBN
07-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Kingcat I'm a huge believer in people arming themselves for self defense. Esp, in the home there are just too many home invasions these days for people to not be able to protect themselves in their own homes at least.

It's happening all over, drug heads and two bit losers targeting innocent families with children or the elderly. there's some evidence they are using news announcements about people being released from the hospital etc. as they used death/funeral announcements at one time to target empty homes. Now they don't care if they are empty or not, just if you are vulnerable.

He needs a good handgun or shotgun. The courts don't give a damn about the law abiding, only the "rights" of those who would kill any of us for a fix or a quick buck. one comes in your house in the middle of the night send him to be judged by a higher power than a judge is my advice.

I have no doubt the trend to citizens arming themselves via concealed carry has reduced the number of murders. The areas with the most murders are urban centers where the governments are insanely bent on keeping law abiding people from defending themselves, and it's not a coincidence. It's basic strategic theory that if you know your enemy is weak you tend to attack, but if you don't know if they'll bite back you tend to think twice.