PDA

View Full Version : Antarctic sea ice reaches all time high

KeithKSR
07-08-2014, 08:30 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2681829/Global-warming-latest-Amount-Antarctic-sea-ice-hits-new-record-high.html

Worldwide sea ice is a million square miles over previous highest measured extent.

A little inset article discusses zombie data sites and the manipulation of temperature data to show temp trends that are not otherwise increasing.

dan_bgblue
07-22-2014, 08:30 PM
More model, analysis of model data and gobbledygook to prove that models and data sets are only ass good as the people using them. The current crop of users are quite dysfunctional.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140722091316.htm

KeithKSR
07-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Even with a calculation error there is a definite upward trend,,which indicates an upward trend in measurements. One area that has been hushed by climate change pushers is sea level. Why has talk of sea level increases ceased?

KeithKSR
07-23-2014, 09:48 AM
The same data from 1979 through 2004, plotted by the two versions of Bootstrap, reveal two distinct trends. Version one (as reported in IPCC’s Fourth Assessment Report) suggests the ice is expanding by about 5.6 x 10^3 km2 per year. Version two shows the ice expanding more than twice as fast over that time period, at about 14.1 x 10^3 km2 per year. (IPCC’s Fifth Assessment reports an increase of 16.5 x 10^3 km2 per year for 1979 through 2012.)

This comes from an article that attempts to negate Antarctic sea ice increase, but the fact remains all three increases that are tossed out are increases! not decreases.

http://news.sciencemag.org/climate/2014/07/has-expansion-antarctic-sea-ice-accelerated

MickintheHam
07-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Let's face it, those in research have to keep this climate change crap alive in order to get funding for their programs. It matters not what the facts are.

KeithKSR
07-23-2014, 11:32 AM
Let's face it, those in research have to keep this climate change crap alive in order to get funding for their programs. It matters not what the facts are.

Climate change gets funded when the intent is to show warming. Climate change is huge bucks world wide. Al Gore is very wealthy as a result of his gloom and doom sales pitch.

CitizenBBN
07-23-2014, 06:27 PM
Climate change gets funded when the intent is to show warming. Climate change is huge bucks world wide. Al Gore is very wealthy as a result of his gloom and doom sales pitch.

Climate change is key to the centralization of power, and those who are in power and are wanting it centralized around them are the ones making the funding decisions.

Every single one of these things calls for GOVERNMENT action, government regulation, more power and authority by government. the UN stuff is awash in an Orwellian nightmare of regulation suggestions that would have government in charge of every aspect of our lives, with carte blanc to ban everything from foods that aren't good for us to assigning us jobs and approving travel.

This is a power grab worthy of the darkest literature, and it's all the more insidious b/c it's nowhere near as obvious as the Inner Circle of 1984, but it's every bit the same ideological goals.

"Global Warming" (they switched to "climate change" b/c the planet inconveniently hasn't warmed for the last 15 years) is being used to justify every kind of government program, every kind of expansion of every department in the US government, and we're TAME compared to some of what is going on elsewhere. EPA is using it to justify regulating everything but swimming pools and bathtubs and I guarantee those are on the wish list. Want to dig out a pond for your livestock on your farm? Going to need a FEDERAL inspection and approval, submit reports regularly, pay the fees for the licenses, you name it. Mining? We can't have people digging holes on their own duly owned land without teams of armed inspectors looking for any reason to stop it. You want to burn a fireplace in your own home using your own wood? You can forget that, you need a $5,000 hyper efficient approved stove and the one we approved for you 5years ago is illegal now.

The global warming scare is the best thing the government lovers and neo-nazi control freaks have ever found to justify imposing their values and priorities on us uppity ignorant folk who refuse to agree with them.

The only thing that really bothers me about that, as government types and the power hungry (from politicians to safety nazis) are always out there, is how many people just don't see it, don't see how this is forming the basis for a level of regulation that will turn us into the movie Brazil.

KeithKSR
07-23-2014, 09:15 PM
I agree, Chuck. It is all about power and control. The coal regs will result in rationing of power, and we all know the government will decide who gets how much. At the same time wood heating stoves are required to be more efficient, which will force 75% of them off the market. Manure for food production is no longer going to be allowed, goodbye organic food growers. Control, control, control.

One little known outcome of the situation in Ukraine was Obama's EO preventing the importation of Russian AKs and parts.

jazyd
07-23-2014, 10:14 PM
Are you guys suggesting that the climate people lied:)

CitizenBBN
07-24-2014, 02:18 AM
One little known outcome of the situation in Ukraine was Obama's EO preventing the importation of Russian AKs and parts.

Yep, I have to get my Saigas listed this next week.

KeithKSR
07-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Yep, I have to get my Saigas listed this next week.

If you wait a bit the prices will really spike. Most don't know about the EO yet.

MickintheHam
07-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Are you guys suggesting that the climate people lied:)

Not really. Most of them in academia have no other way to earn a lucrative living. They have found this gig to pay handsomely. As long as they can convince you that the planet is in imminent danger, your congress person will vote to fund. We have the government doing too much stuff we don't really need. And while I am on this topic, I am sick to death of the AD Council and all of the taxpayer funded social marketing on the radio. Taxpayers are likely keeping two or three radio stations in Birmingham on the air.