Darrell KSR
06-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Take seedless grapes, wash them.

Roll them around in dry lime jello mix.

Refrigerate. Eat. Eat. Keep eating.

Delicious.

CitizenBBN
06-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Mix one packet lime jello with seedless grapes and vodka. Refrigerate. Eat. Eat. Keep eating. Run out of vodka. Open bottle of Jager. Throw up. Crash. Wake up. Go somewhere and eat greasy stuff with Bloody Marys to kill headache.

Repeat until you're getting too old for that kind of thing, start going to bed at 10 and complaining about "kids these days."

blueboss
06-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Mix one packet lime jello with seedless grapes and vodka. Refrigerate. Eat. Eat. Keep eating. Run out of vodka. Open bottle of Jager. Throw up. Crash. Wake up. Go somewhere and eat greasy stuff with Bloody Marys to kill headache.

Repeat until you're getting too old for that kind of thing, start going to bed at 10 and complaining about "kids these days."

You forgot the warning about seedless white grapes, lime jello, vodka, and strippers.

Darrell KSR
06-20-2014, 11:50 PM
You forgot the warning about seedless white grapes, lime jello, vodka, and strippers.

You guys are incorrigible. But that's a compliment to both of you, isn't it? ;)

blueboss
08-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Okay, I've got to admit the white grapes with lime jello is pdg, is there any data available on white grapes and other jello flavors like maybe cherry, or orange???

I put the grapes in a zip lock baggie and dumped the mix in and sealed and shook well. Mrs.boss's son stopped in while I was enjoying a shake'n-bag-o-grapes and I handed him the bag to try one...he left with it.

jazyd
08-01-2014, 10:22 PM
Gotta try it

Darrell KSR
08-05-2014, 08:11 AM
Gotta try it

It's better than you think. Really good.

Darrell KSR
08-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Okay, I've got to admit the white grapes with lime jello is pdg, is there any data available on white grapes and other jello flavors like maybe cherry, or orange???

I put the grapes in a zip lock baggie and dumped the mix in and sealed and shook well. Mrs.boss's son stopped in while I was enjoying a shake'n-bag-o-grapes and I handed him the bag to try one...he left with it.

Haven't tried other flavors, but you can be the guinea pig. ;)

suncat05
08-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Sounds GOOD! And the orange jello sounds good too!

jazyd
08-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Puckered the mouth

blueboss
08-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Cherry jello and white grapes is pretty bland, I'll let you know how orange jello works out later.

Darrell KSR
08-22-2014, 09:18 PM
Cherry jello and white grapes is pretty bland, I'll let you know how orange jello works out later.

Thanks. I really love the lime jello, but would consider something else if it's good, too. It's sooo sweet.

CitizenBBN
08-23-2014, 12:00 AM
still think you guys are missing a key ingredient.

blueboss
08-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I tried the orange last night and it's a lot better than the cherry but still doesn't hold up to lime .... More flavor test to come.

I'm still trying to acquire some peyote per Citizen's inquiry, more than likely any flavor will work with the buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
08-24-2014, 01:23 PM
I was thinking vodka or tequila. Much easier to get if nothing else. :)

Come to think of it, that sounds pretty good. I'll be right back....

blueboss
08-24-2014, 05:19 PM
My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I have three bags in the fridge with all three flavors for a side by side by side sampling. (minus the vodka and tequila)

dan_bgblue
08-24-2014, 09:07 PM
When I get home in a couple of weeks, I am going to try lime jello and maple flavored bacon, and white seedless grapes with maple flavored bacon.

Darrell KSR
08-24-2014, 09:13 PM
We really need to have a KSR tailgate. I can't even imagine what we would bring to eat and drink, but it is sure to be interesting.

blueboss
08-25-2014, 11:56 AM
We really need to have a KSR tailgate. I can't even imagine what we would bring to eat and drink, but it is sure to be interesting.

Stay away from the brownies...

...anyway I did a side by side last night with orange, cherry, and lime. The cherry was not as bad as first reported however the two flavors of the grapes and the jello don't comingle as well, they're not bad but not quite as interesting. The orange is really good, the two flavors of the grapes and the orange mix well with a surprisingly good taste, lime is still the best, the two flavors compliment each other extremely well. (This sounds like a wine pairing, I can't believe I'm critiqueing jello flavors and grapes).

My four year old grandson when asked which one he might like best, he looked at me quizzicaly and asked in a four year olds tone why I didn't have grape jello with the grapes. I'll be stopping by Krogers on the way home today for more jello flavors (including grape) and some more grapes.

dan_bgblue
08-25-2014, 03:01 PM
Might want to check out the bacon offerings while you are at Kroger

Darrell KSR
08-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Stay away from the brownies...

...anyway I did a side by side last night with orange, cherry, and lime. The cherry was not as bad as first reported however the two flavors of the grapes and the jello don't comingle as well, they're not bad but not quite as interesting. The orange is really good, the two flavors of the grapes and the orange mix well with a surprisingly good taste, lime is still the best, the two flavors compliment each other extremely well. (This sounds like a wine pairing, I can't believe I'm critiqueing jello flavors and grapes).

My four year old grandson when asked which one he might like best, he looked at me quizzicaly and asked in a four year olds tone why I didn't have grape jello with the grapes. I'll be stopping by Krogers on the way home today for more jello flavors (including grape) and some more grapes.

I love this post.

From the mouths of babes - why not grape jello with grapes? Sounds perfectly logical to me. I bet it is terrific.

CitizenBBN
08-25-2014, 08:30 PM
You guys have talked me into it. Going to try a range of options:

grapes soaked in Bombay gin, soaked in Kettle One vodka, and soaked in Petron Silver or Tres Generations. I wonder if the gin or vodka ones will be good with blue cheese.

I have had gin soaked raisins. Supposed to be good for arthritis. They're OK, wouldn't be bad as the finish on a gin martini. I'm betting the grapes will be better.

Crazy4Blue
08-29-2014, 12:20 PM
Got to admit, it doesn't sound good...but I will try it this weekend

Darrell KSR
08-29-2014, 02:24 PM
It's not good--it's great. Make sure the grapes are good, and then it will be an incredible sweet, delicious "candy."

blueboss
08-29-2014, 03:00 PM
It's not good--it's great. Make sure the grapes are good, and then it will be an incredible sweet, delicious "candy."

After applying the lime jello, make sure to refrigerate for a couple of hours, they are 100% better when cold.

blueboss
08-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Black grapes were on sale at Kroger so I grabbed a couple of pounds along with lemon jello, Grape Crush brand gelatin, and of course lime. I have to say the grape grapes as my four year old grandson suggested are really,really good.

I'll try the lemon tomorrow

blueboss
09-03-2014, 07:18 PM
I shared some lime and grape jello grapes with my daughter and her children this past weekend and after eating all I had in the house they went back home to Chicago from which I received a report today that mango jello and white grapes were also delicious.

Darrell KSR
09-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I shared some lime and grape jello grapes with my daughter and her children this past weekend and after eating all I had in the house they went back home to Chicago from which I received a report today that mango jello and white grapes were also delicious.

That actually sounds very good.

cattails
09-19-2014, 12:33 PM
still think you guys are missing a key ingredient.

Shoot the vodka into each grape then roll in jello.

blueboss
09-19-2014, 01:29 PM
This just in from WLEX:

While a Lexington man was eating a vodka infused white grape that had been rolled in lime jello it exploded and had to be removed from a local strippers ear. (ear, yeah thats right, her ear)

dan_bgblue
09-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Would be less dangerous if the stripper just rolled around in lime jello while on stage

blueboss
09-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Would be less dangerous if the stripper just rolled around in lime jello while on stage

There you go!!! A vodka infused stripper rolling around in jello shooting grapes out of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan_bgblue
09-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Her ear

CitizenBBN
09-19-2014, 07:20 PM
This just in from WLEX:

While a Lexington man was eating a vodka infused white grape that had been rolled in lime jello it exploded and had to be removed from a local strippers ear. (ear, yeah thats right, her ear)

Typical of WLEX. It didn't explode, I just sneezed suddenly and it went flying. I tipper her out for the trouble so it was all fine.