PDA

View Full Version : Fargo!

Darrell KSR
06-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Crime drama, dark comedy, thoroughly enjoyed the series. Have had a great run of TV shows recently... Blacklist, True Detectives, Fargo, Breaking Bad. I put Fargo right up at the top thanks to its eclectic mix. Loved Billy Bob Thornton and Keith Carradine played a strong supporting role, and the rest were great, too. I loved the finale. Nailed it on every level.

suncat05
06-19-2014, 06:58 AM
Darrell, I never saw that series. How many seasons was it on? And was it sort of in the same vein as "True Detective"?

Darrell KSR
06-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Just one. I think it is based on a book or movie. Ten episodes.

Different from True Detectives. This was designed in a weird, quirky way to be a mix of dark comedy and crime drama. Found yourself rooting for the villain, then against him, except the villain changed. Unpredictable. Each episode left you ready for the next.

It wasn't neat and tidy in any way. Just worked. Lot of blood. I mean, a lot of blood. But it always contributed to the story.

Tuesday night's finale, which I saw last night, just superbly wrapped up the series. (It was a one-time show, 10 shows.)

suncat05
06-19-2014, 08:39 AM
Okay, thanks. That may go on my Christmas wish list. If you say it was good, I'll roll with that.

Darrell KSR
06-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Okay, thanks. That may go on my Christmas wish list. If you say it was good, I'll roll with that.

It is. But don't expect the same vein as True Detectives. I just liked them both in different ways. Reality and Fargo depart each other by design.

suncat05
06-19-2014, 08:51 AM
It is. But don't expect the same vein as True Detectives. I just liked them both in different ways. Reality and Fargo depart each other by design.

Gotcha!

Darrell KSR
06-19-2014, 10:00 AM
Well, I may stand corrected about one aspect of it. I understand they are contemplating a second season, following an entirely different story, similar to the way True Detectives is doing it. This anthology is done, but another may surface.

I will adopt a wait and see attitude on the next season. Whereas True Detectives will work with other actors and a different story, because the show is about the process as much as anything, Fargo was about the story and the acting. I'm not sure it is as formula driven and capable of being replicated with a change in story and actors, but maybe.

ukcatlvr
06-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Very good in a weird way. :rockon: I just watched the season finale last night

blueboss
06-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Loved it!! Perplexed about the finale concerning Billy Bob and next season....don't want to spoil it for those still watching, but????

Darrell KSR
06-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Glad you guys are just as weird and quirky as I am and enjoyed it too. Blueboss, I kept thinking that it was a one season only series, & I was fine with that because of the ending. Again, I don't want to spoil it for anyone who might see it later, either.

blueboss
06-19-2014, 09:34 PM
It seemed pretty successful across the board, and it seems the network knows they've got something so it'll be interesting to see how they reinvent a story line hopefully around the same characters.

I'm a fan of American Horror story and it's interesting how they use the same actors and weave them in different story lines. This season coming up will be centered around a carnival/circus type theme. Perhaps Fargo can follow AHS format or a prelude type story line.

badrose
06-20-2014, 08:38 AM
I'd recommended Fargo here back when the series began. A strange kind of fun to watch but very well done with some parallel to the movie. I hope they have more.

ukcatlvr
06-20-2014, 09:12 AM
I put it up there with 2 of my all time favs, Justified and Deadwood. Sh!t I just realized I may have a man crush on Timothy Olyphant.

blueboss
06-20-2014, 10:42 AM
I put it up there with 2 of my all time favs, Justified and Deadwood. Sh!t I just realized I may have a man crush on Timothy Olyphant.

Uh oh, I agree with your entire statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
08-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Just won Emmy for best mini-series.

Darrell KSR
08-25-2014, 09:24 PM
I'd recommended Fargo here back when the series began. A strange kind of fun to watch but very well done with some parallel to the movie. I hope they have more.

I remember you recommended it early. Well before I saw it. You were dead on.