PDA

View Full Version : No more boots on the ground in Iraq...

blueboss
06-16-2014, 08:28 PM
...but nothing wrong with a steady dose of anti-personnel AGM's from our go fast boys, warthogs, and drones. Every time hadji pops up out of a hole light'm up. We cannot let our past casualties in Iraq go down in vein. Plus these low life terrorists should never have a glimmer of hope for anything in their pathetic lives ever again.

suncat05
06-17-2014, 07:38 AM
All of those Stinger missiles in the jihadhi's hands make me very nervous for our men & women that may be flying strike missions against these jihadhi scumbags. Does anyone here have a glimmer of hope that these vermin will treat any pilots they might get lucky enough to shoot down according to the Geneva Convention Treaty? Ain't gonna happen. And then this pretender in the WH will do something even more stupid that will hurt and constrain our troops even more, make the U. S. look even worse in the world's view, and then retreat and leave our people to the whims of the terrorists. Think he'll have the stomach to trade 5 more terrorist scumbags for one good American fighter pilot? No, he'll leave them to die like he did our 4 Americans in Benghazi.
Just wait people. When you think it cannot possibly get any worse, the "O" team will find another way to compound the problem even more.
Meanwhile, Congress will twiddle its thumbs...........

Doc
06-17-2014, 09:58 PM
...but nothing wrong with a steady dose of anti-personnel AGM's from our go fast boys, warthogs, and drones. Every time hadji pops up out of a hole light'm up. We cannot let our past casualties in Iraq go down in vein. Plus these low life terrorists should never have a glimmer of hope for anything in their pathetic lives ever again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8eT0zqP5s

More likely to get a circle jerk and a couple verses of Kumbya courtesy of this administration... or maybe we can put Iraq in "time out"

CitizenBBN
06-18-2014, 09:01 PM
boots on the ground would be fine IF they were there to do a job.

This administration has overseen the complete collapse of US foreign policy and not just the Bush Neo-Con approach in Iraq. For all the talk he's basically pulled up our international stakes everywhere and sidestepped every issue that requires action or a backbone. china is emboldened, NK is still on path for long range nuclear weapons, Iraq and Afghanistan will fall, Iran will get nukes, Israel is more isolated and thus more dangerous than ever, no improvements have been made in Africa, we have abandoned efforts to bring eastern europe out of the sphere of influence of Russia and insure stability in that region, and our military is being scaled back to pre WWII levels despite regional tensions going up and no superpower structure to keep them in check.

It's a kind of haphazard isolationism that doesn't get us out of conflicts so much as just allow them to grow and spread like wildfires, our policy to be to hope that they just go away before they get to us. I'm actually supportive of some isolationist plans, I have no desire to be the world's policeman, but there is a difference between a responsible shift from that role (via doing things like putting governments in Iraq/Ukraine/elsewhere that can, with or without democracy, maintain order) and the abandonment of any kind of policy whatsoever.

This isn't existentialism where no foreign policy is a foreign policy. This is just political avoidance on a level that is the worst we've seen since WWII. Carter's foreign policy was a failure but he did have a policy, things he wanted to accomplish, and he did in fact have some major successes. Obama has experienced NOTHING but failure in that arena for 6 years. The only little hook for his hat is South Sudan and that won't last.

It's stunning. Now we wont' even provide air support in Iraq? What the hell is the thinking behind that decision? one that intentionally pushes the government into Iran's waiting hands and reduces our influence to zero?

bigsky
06-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Just enough to get killed

suncat05
06-19-2014, 07:31 AM
A limited number of boots on the ground has to be coupled with the use of air cover/support with the appropriate amount of Air Force forward air support personnel. If you only have one, without the other, then the mission (and God only knows what the mission parameters will be, with those orders coming from this clueless bunch in the WH) is not likely to succeed. At least when I was in the Army, that was what I understood the doctrine to be. But with this bunch running things right now, who knows what the mission will even be, and yet worse (to me) is who our troops may have to work with in this situation.
Given what has transpired since this POTUS saw no need or worth in having a mutual "status of forces agreement" with the Iraqi government, I just cannot support putting U.S. forces on the ground there in support of the current Iraqi government, who most likely will end up aligning themselves with Al-Qaeda and Iran.
Let them kill each other. That's what they've been doing to each other for centuries anyway. We at least had this area stabilized before this POTUS fubar'ed everything, now I don't see much hope or much of anything worth saving.
So much for all of his so-called "Hope & Change"..............

blueboss
06-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Obamy just told congress he's sending a few more boys than he originally had planned, haven't got a link just yet.

blueboss
06-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Here it is, up to 200 more troops to bolster security for the US embassy. Hhhmm? Benghazi flash backs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/06/30/obama-iraq-isil-us-war-powers-resolution/11801855/

KeithKSR
06-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Here it is, up to 200 more troops to bolster security for the US embassy. Hhhmm? Benghazi flash backs?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/06/30/obama-iraq-isil-us-war-powers-resolution/11801855/

He didn't send the requested troops to secure the embassy facilities in Benghazi.

blueboss
06-30-2014, 07:49 PM
He didn't send the requested troops to secure the embassy facilities in Benghazi.

Exactly, it's almost an admission of his lack of leadership regarding Benghazi. By flashback I mean the innocent slaughter that could/should have been avoided with one phone call.

CitizenBBN
06-30-2014, 10:44 PM
Exactly, it's almost an admission of his lack of leadership regarding Benghazi. By flashback I mean the innocent slaughter that could/should have been avoided with one phone call.

There is absolutely no way the White House situation Room didn't have live feed of that entire attack from start to finish. I don't think Obama watched it and did nothing. I think he went to bed and did nothing while others sat there and watched it and did nothing.

Imagine being President and watching live (or simply not watching) as Americans are attacked and die and you do nothing. If there is a hell there is a special level on it for that kind of betrayal. he won't be the only US President on that level of the Abyss, sadly more than one has sacrificed our soldiers and civilians for political gain, but he'll surely be there.

suncat05
07-01-2014, 07:32 AM
The news this morning said "300" more ground combat troops. I think mainly designated for the U. S. Embassy.

suncat05
07-01-2014, 07:35 AM
And I fully agree with CBBN..........this current resident of the WH deserves that special level in Hades for ALL of the evil he has done against this country.

Doc
07-01-2014, 12:17 PM
IMO you never leave an American hanging regardless. As president you have a responsibility to every single citizen and he left 4 to die in Benghazi. Additionally he is leaving 1 in Mexico. Oh, but the police roust a black man in New England and the White House jumps in to call a beer summit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueboss
07-01-2014, 12:21 PM
boots on the ground would be fine IF they were there to do a job.

This administration has overseen the complete collapse of US foreign policy and not just the Bush Neo-Con approach in Iraq. For all the talk he's basically pulled up our international stakes everywhere and sidestepped every issue that requires action or a backbone. china is emboldened, NK is still on path for long range nuclear weapons, Iraq and Afghanistan will fall, Iran will get nukes, Israel is more isolated and thus more dangerous than ever, no improvements have been made in Africa, we have abandoned efforts to bring eastern europe out of the sphere of influence of Russia and insure stability in that region, and our military is being scaled back to pre WWII levels despite regional tensions going up and no superpower structure to keep them in check.

It's a kind of haphazard isolationism that doesn't get us out of conflicts so much as just allow them to grow and spread like wildfires, our policy to be to hope that they just go away before they get to us. I'm actually supportive of some isolationist plans, I have no desire to be the world's policeman, but there is a difference between a responsible shift from that role (via doing things like putting governments in Iraq/Ukraine/elsewhere that can, with or without democracy, maintain order) and the abandonment of any kind of policy whatsoever.

This isn't existentialism where no foreign policy is a foreign policy. This is just political avoidance on a level that is the worst we've seen since WWII. Carter's foreign policy was a failure but he did have a policy, things he wanted to accomplish, and he did in fact have some major successes. Obama has experienced NOTHING but failure in that arena for 6 years. The only little hook for his hat is South Sudan and that won't last.

It's stunning. Now we wont' even provide air support in Iraq? What the hell is the thinking behind that decision? one that intentionally pushes the government into Iran's waiting hands and reduces our influence to zero?

...yeah but look at all the work numb nuts is doing to secure our borders specifically our south western borders

suncat05
07-02-2014, 10:00 AM
He has basically sanctioned a full scale foreign invasion of the U. S. that we very well may never recover from. The long term ramifications of this one continuing event will most likely change the United States of America from this point forward forever.
This POTUS has not lived up to his oath of office. In many ways. Most of what he does is contrary to the Constitution. It is my own personal belief that everything he does is anti-American, and that he truly is an enemy of our country. He is clearly a hindrance to everything & anything that most real Americans believe in, and he is taking our country in a direction that we should not be going in. He has abused the office of the POTUS & the American people with his leftist, Communist negligence. He does not believe in the good, great, benevolent America that we have all known. The S.O.B. has maligned us & our great nation for the entire time he has sat in our WH, and I believe with every ounce of my being that he intends to destroy our country as we have known it. He is an evil, Godless, Communist S.O.B. that really has no idea what America really is or the greatness that it stands for.
Face it, folks. He hates America, and he hates all of us because we don't match or share his vision of America.

KeithKSR
07-03-2014, 05:04 AM
What gets me is that a semi-intelligent terrorist has to do very little work to take the open border under Obama and exploit it at the cost of American lives.

blueboss
08-07-2014, 11:06 PM
Hey, numb nuts is actually thinking about airstrikes in Iraq, let's see if he can at least borrow a pair since he clearly can't grow a pair

CitizenBBN
08-08-2014, 12:29 AM
so much for his compassion and concern for people. He is willing to risk genocide to avoid bending his view that the world would all be wonderful if america would just go away.

Is there anyone out there that still believes Leftists and these leftists in particular give a damn about others? Sure they preach about social justice, but that's just to keep the proles in line. They don't give a true crap about anyone but themselves in the end.

suncat05
08-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I saw this on the morning news. The time to act has long since passed. He has allowed this ISIS nonsense to grow into the monster it has become, and NOW he wants to do something about it. But hey, no more "boots on the ground in Iraq", because as CinC he won't allow it. Yeah, his "no boots on the ground" policy worked real well in Benghazi, didn't it? And his policy for retrieving a US Marine in a Mexican jail is working real well too. As is his whole immigration policy..............
This POTUS is the Manchurian candidate incarnate.

Doc
08-08-2014, 03:53 PM
I'll give him credit on this. At least he is consistant on this point. He was elected as a #####, everybody who knew anything about him knew he was a ##### when they voted for him and apparently he will be a ##### until he dies.

CitizenBBN
08-08-2014, 07:49 PM
This POTUS is the Manchurian candidate incarnate.

As much as that position is viewed as extreme by many, it has a large amount of supporting evidence.

Barack Obama is the is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life. ;)

UKHistory
08-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Bout right.

Just enough to get killed

UKStucat
08-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Isis has to be stopped but I am not sure that putting our troops on the ground in Iraq and Syria is the way. We can use air strikes on Isis positions and arm the Kurds.

suncat05
08-25-2014, 08:16 AM
The Kurds are very capable fighters. I believe we 'could' at least achieve stopping the forward moving progress of ISIS with the Kurds on the ground and with coordinated airstrikes. That could at least temporarily stop the forward movement. After that, I am not sure how much progress we can possibly make with the Muslim friendly administration that we have in office right now.

And let's not forget that all of this would likely not have happened if we would have had a much stronger foreign policy, and the will to back it up.

Doc
08-25-2014, 11:49 AM
All I can say is this. If I were in charge, within 10 minutes of the public chopping off of the head of an American citizen, the sky's would have rained down enough missles on the ISIS camps in Syria to flatten them and it would have continued for 24 hrs nonstop. Then I'd have sent 24 hrs of jet fighters over to bomb the living crap out of what was left. During that I'd have gone on TV with a clear message stating you do that #### again and you will get a 10 fold response. Hell hath no fury like a pissed off American. Instead we did nothing at all.

CitizenBBN
08-26-2014, 10:06 PM
All I can say is this. If I were in charge, within 10 minutes of the public chopping off of the head of an American citizen, the sky's would have rained down enough missles on the ISIS camps in Syria to flatten them and it would have continued for 24 hrs nonstop. Then I'd have sent 24 hrs of jet fighters over to bomb the living crap out of what was left. During that I'd have gone on TV with a clear message stating you do that #### again and you will get a 10 fold response. Hell hath no fury like a pissed off American. Instead we did nothing at all.

This. obama would have responded to Pearl Harbor with sanctions on travel of the Emperor's niece.

All hell should have broken loose on ISIS. All hell should break loose to retrieve remaining hostages, no mercy, relentless.

Of course if he had half a brain we'd have cut a deal with Assad back in the beginning (I'll pat myself on the back here and mention I recommended we ally with Assad way back on here, NOT oppose him, b/c he could maintain order and we can cut a deal with him like we did Egypt), esp. once it was clear the major opposition was an even more radical and anti-Western and anti-Israeli group.

This has to be the weakest, least decisive President since at least the turn of the 20th century. Even more than Carter. It's close, but I give Obama the nod.

dan_bgblue
08-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Sen Ted Cruz 'Bomb Islamic State back to the stone age" (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/31/cruz-fires-up-conservatives-says-bomb-islamic-state-back-to-stone-age/)

Doc
08-31-2014, 10:04 PM
Sen Ted Cruz 'Bomb Islamic State back to the stone age" (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/31/cruz-fires-up-conservatives-says-bomb-islamic-state-back-to-stone-age/)

IMO take it back to Mad Max's Wasteland

CitizenBBN
08-31-2014, 10:42 PM

I'm not going to endorse carpet bombing civilians, but I have to admit I like the line from the context of groups like ISIS "rejecting modernity" and that we need to help them reject it by sending them back to the past. I like the play on it.

and I'm all for bombing ISIS itself into the history books. Radical islam, not all islam but this radical fascist movement within it, is no less evil than Nazism or Stalinism, and should be opposed with all necessary force to wipe it from existence.

Love his line about only getting Obama to come to the Texas border if there were a golf course involved. :)