PDA

View Full Version : anybody ever flown on SPIRIT AIRLINES

Doc
06-15-2014, 04:23 PM
:bonk:

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/attachments/688480d1381700610-xbox-one-steam-machines-keine-ernsthafte-bedrohung-double-facepalm-when-one-facepalm-just-not-enough-thumb.jpg

Words can not express the level of moronity. They take nickel and diming to a new level, a level beyond comprehension. You book a seat however you don't get a seat. Once ticketed you can then select your seat for an additional $18.00 per flight, or $25.00 per flight if you want a premium seat with more room...or you can let them randomly seat you for free meaning you may not sit with your traveling partners. Also carry ons...NOT free. $35 bucks a pop, each flight. Checked luggage is only $30 (of course I'm fine with that after seeing folks try to jam a steamer trunk into an overhead compartment to save $25.00 to check it). Or you can join the $9 dollar fan club...for $60 bucks :Christz_pillepalle: and save $10 bucks. I fully expect there to be a pay slot on the toilet, although that won't affect me as I have never in my 50 years of life ever used an airplane toilet on a flight less than 5 hr long. Guess if you're stupid enough to fly with them more than once, well, you're stupid enough to not be able to realize that $9 isn't $60.

On a ticket I paid $224 for, if I get a SEAT AND SEND MY LUGGAGE it adds $110 bucks. Hell, I'd been smarter to go first class on a real airline!

The only good thing about them is they are nonstop between Ft Lauderdale and Cancun, meaning it only going to 1 hour and 49 minutes of what I assume will be hell.

kingcat
06-15-2014, 06:38 PM
:bonk:

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/attachments/688480d1381700610-xbox-one-steam-machines-keine-ernsthafte-bedrohung-double-facepalm-when-one-facepalm-just-not-enough-thumb.jpg

Words can not express the level of moronity. They take nickel and diming to a new level, a level beyond comprehension. You book a seat however you don't get a seat. Once ticketed you can then select your seat for an additional $18.00 per flight, or $25.00 per flight if you want a premium seat with more room...or you can let them randomly seat you for free meaning you may not sit with your traveling partners. Also carry ons...NOT free. $35 bucks a pop, each flight. Checked luggage is only $30 (of course I'm fine with that after seeing folks try to jam a steamer trunk into an overhead compartment to save $25.00 to check it). Or you can joint the $9 dollar fan club...for $60 bucks :Christz_pillepalle: and save $10 bucks. I fully expect there to be a pay slot on the toilet, although that won't affect me as I have never in my 50 years of life ever used an airplane toilet on a flight less than 5 hr long. Guess if you're stupid enough to fly with them more than once, well, you're stupid enough to not be able to realize that $9 isn't $60.

On a ticket I paid $224 for, if I get a SEAT AND SEND MY LUGGAGE it adds $110 bucks. Hell, I'd been smarter to go first class on a real airline!

The only good thing about them is they are nonstop between Ft Lauderdale and Cancun, meaning it only going to 1 hour and 49 minutes of what I assume will be hell.

Have fun Ron! It could be worse. I remember the days of Dad driving our family in a 57 Plymouth to L.A. non stop

They can still become precious memories as that one is for me

Lfbj00
06-15-2014, 07:15 PM
Have fun Ron! It could be worse. I remember the days of Dad driving our family in a 57 Plymouth to L.A. non stop

They can still become precious memories as that one is for me

How about Louisville to Clearwater Beach-893 miles...in a '76 Chevy Chevette...family of FIVE!!!

Then the next summer...Louisville to Southington Conneticut-860 miles...same car!!

Doc
06-15-2014, 07:43 PM
I was born in San Jose CA, my grandparent lived in Auburn NY (just outside Syracuse). Lived in CA til I was 5 and we spent every Xmas with our grandparents. We never bought a plane ticket. 3 days nonstop driving in the back of a Volkswagon Squareback with my brother and sister. Mom and dad in the front, tag team driving and smoking for 72 hrs straight stopping at 76 truck stops to eat.... no hotel, no motel, no showers and 3000 miles! .... them were the days.

http://www.cartalk.com/sites/default/files/blogs/jim-motavalli/images/vw%20squareback_0.jpg

kingcat
06-15-2014, 09:26 PM
We went a second time towards L.A. California (not La.) in the 57 ply. only to have the motor blow while still in Oklahoma.
I963 I would guess.

Dad saw a few used cars for sale off the side of the road and walked to the man's house. He came back and got a late fifties Fender Stratocaster from the trunk and traded it and the blown 57 for another plymouth just like it, only an ugly green one this time.

We gave up on the trip and drove it home.

That guitar would be worth a small fortune now.

CitizenBBN
06-15-2014, 09:47 PM
Doc I have no idea how none of you turned into career felons or mass murderers, at least as far as I know. I don't think I could have taken that kind of trip. Did a lot of 6-10 hour hauls in high school with the team that were bad enough but 3 days? Ugh.

The airlines have become a comedy, a very dark one, but that's still pretty outrageous.

Doc
06-16-2014, 06:18 AM
The Nation Lampoon Vacation movies movies are based on my family, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent!