PDA

View Full Version : Old scout board transition

Padukacat
10-07-2012, 07:19 AM
Ive tried to stick it out over there but i cant login now without resubscribing, think im gonna have to call and cancel, can you post the directions thread back at top, im prob not the only one.

BigBluePappy
10-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Oh my goodness.
I went over there to see what was going on, and while my old log-in got me to the premium board it was if the site was designed by a bunch of drunken, mentally challenge monkeys.
So much for keeping the old subscription, WOW!

Catonahottinroof
10-07-2012, 07:51 AM
That is a hot mess over there..

Jeeepcat
10-07-2012, 07:53 AM
Yes, it appears they have really "stepped in it" LOL

Just wish Brian was over here, but I understand why he isn't

BigBluePappy
10-07-2012, 08:09 AM
I look for a jump in membership over here because of it and the fact that we have the best writers on board.
Cat described it right it is a hot mess over there.

truecatsfan
10-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Big Pappy, you are correct. After i came home from the game yesturday it had changed, it would not let me login. So i hope you all dont mind a football nut on board.

dan_bgblue
10-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Ive tried to stick it out over there but i cant login now without resubscribing, think im gonna have to call and cancel, can you post the directions thread back at top, im prob not the only one.

This may be the thread you are looking for (http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?39-Scout-com-Membership-Information-for-those-who-asked-re-cancelling)

badrose
10-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Big Pappy, you are correct. After i came home from the game yesturday it had changed, it would not let me login. So i hope you all dont mind a football nut on board.

We don't mind at all. For those of you who can, feel free to invite your friends over here. There's plenty of room.;)

Doc
10-07-2012, 08:31 AM
I try to stay off other board for discussions as I prefer this one however for resources such as schedule, game times, recruiting data bases, etc that this site does not have, I usually go to the scout and rival sites. I have to agree that in the current format scout is unnavigatable. I wish Jeff and his crew the best, I wish all UK sites to be successful so I'm not bashing them by any means. More a bash of Scout which is no long but now foxsports.

Darrell KSR
10-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Like Doc and others say, there are some good people there, and I like to access the database at Scout, at Rivals, and at 247.

I got a PM yesterday from a guy who just found his way to here and he told me he had no idea where we had gone. I wish we had this huge advertising budget so we could let everybody know. It is rare that someone doesn't enjoy this place more than any other place once they arrive here because of the community of people, the writing staff led by Larry Vaught, and the end-user experience here, which we believe is the finest in the industry. We (meaning CBBN, mainly) spent many, many hours researching and trying different solutions for our platform, and arrived at this one.

We love the grassroots movement. Please tell your friends about us and if you get a chance, visit the free boards here. For now, we've "turned on" the Facebook integration switch for the free boards, and you can share something on the free boards you see on your Facebook page with your Facebook friends.

We'll probably turn that on here, too. We've still got some great things for the end-user here. There's not one thing we do without thinking about the consequence to the community first. We also think that sets us apart because we're community first driven, not other things driven. You can define those as you wish. :)

And thanks to all for the support here. It has been an incredible six or seven weeks. Feels like longer, but the growth has been great in a very short time.

Doc
10-07-2012, 11:29 AM
One thing the big guys have over us is the data base. The message boards don't matter even though that is where I spend the majority of time on any board. Layout and features are not overly important because I can adapt. I might not like them or I might not find them "user friendly" or appealing to the eye...but I can live with pretty much anything. However database as far as recruiting IS important to me. I did use scouts quite extensively and now I can't even find it. Seems Fox doesn't want the traffic unless you are a payer, that or its just plain impossible to find. Looks like I'll have to go back to using Rivals database exclusively for reference.

And like Darrell, I'm for the grassroots type of thing. While "professional" evaluation and reports are great, I really love the "common mans" take on things. I got into KSR way back before the internet was a huge thing so that grassroots as he puts it is special to me and brings back the fond memories.

Darrell KSR
10-07-2012, 11:33 AM
ESPN too, Doc. We all have our favorites-I used to have 3 subscriptions to 3 different services; now I have two. But I figure with you and Darryl, I have about 9 :).

Doc
10-07-2012, 11:36 AM
I've never been a fan of ESPN rankings, or at least not as pleased with them as I was Scout and Rivals. With the "freeze out" at Scout/Fox, odds are I'll use ESPN more. I like looking at several site and using the consensus.

Doc
10-07-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm starting to like ESPN's database more. I just got done over then and its quite possible/likely that UK will get 4 of the top 5 recruits in bball (Harrison, Randle, Harrison, Young). Makes me like ESPN more (LOL)

Catfan73
10-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I can't login on the old Scout board either right now, and it appears to be pretty much system wide with the changeover to Fox. I miss the recruiting stuff, but not the trolls. :p

Lfbj00
10-08-2012, 10:50 PM
I just seen a thread on the Louisville Cardinal Authority Scout site that had a link on it from the WVU Scout site. The link said that at approximately 11:00 pm tonight the site was switching back to the old Scout sites. The FoxSportsNext Moderator on the UL site verified this move. Man it's a complete mess over there!!

fastkat
10-09-2012, 07:12 AM
I don't like the new board, I don't know about the premium boards since I don't subscribe but I don't like the new layout either. I would rather post here but There's rarely anything new on the football board. I be happy if any of the folks with extreme views of the direction of the football team would start a thread. I started a thread last week and only got a couple responses.

VirginiaCat
10-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Darrell,

I try to tell people about this site guys. www.kysportsrepot.com. I think the hold back to many is what is mentioned here (including myself) the recruiting database etc. I truly miss the premium articles that are provided here...not to mention the long time posters that I love here (I know, I know, I drive some of you crazy with my support of MB but still miss you).

I come over here and read the free sites. When my premie at the other site expires I have a decision to make.....

Like Doc and others say, there are some good people there, and I like to access the database at Scout, at Rivals, and at 247.

I got a PM yesterday from a guy who just found his way to here and he told me he had no idea where we had gone. I wish we had this huge advertising budget so we could let everybody know. It is rare that someone doesn't enjoy this place more than any other place once they arrive here because of the community of people, the writing staff led by Larry Vaught, and the end-user experience here, which we believe is the finest in the industry. We (meaning CBBN, mainly) spent many, many hours researching and trying different solutions for our platform, and arrived at this one.

We love the grassroots movement. Please tell your friends about us and if you get a chance, visit the free boards here. For now, we've "turned on" the Facebook integration switch for the free boards, and you can share something on the free boards you see on your Facebook page with your Facebook friends.

We'll probably turn that on here, too. We've still got some great things for the end-user here. There's not one thing we do without thinking about the consequence to the community first. We also think that sets us apart because we're community first driven, not other things driven. You can define those as you wish. :)

And thanks to all for the support here. It has been an incredible six or seven weeks. Feels like longer, but the growth has been great in a very short time.

Darrell KSR
10-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Thanks, VirginiaCat. There is no "one-size fits all" place, and I think Scout's national basketball guy, Evan Daniels, is as good as they come.

Our Premium board activity is running at least 10x the activity on the free boards, for whatever reason(s), but we are committed to maintaining both and providing the best community experience on the internet for Kentucky fans. One thing we are enjoying on the Premium board is the ability to access, link, and discuss ALL the databases, whether it be Scout's, Rival's, ESPN's, 247's, etc., and with recruiting nuts like Darryl, Doc, anderwt, Carolinawildcats, and others, most of us think we're not missing a thing.

We also have our own "Kentucky-centric" basketball recruiting guy, Tyler Adkins. Tyler has been a contributor to Scout.com's Ky Preps site before, and was the Basketball Recruiting editor for Wildcat Blue Nation for over a year before coming on board. With Larry Vaught, Lonny Demaree, Ashley Scoby and Erin Ashley Simon, we're also very much enjoying our entire staff of writers as well.

Scout has some good people over there, both providing content and in the community. I'd rather not "get" people here because they do poorly in some aspect. Wish them well in their transition phase, and wish the good UK fans there the best.

VirginiaCat, make sure you take advantage of reading the Premium Board from now through Big Blue Madness weekend. We have opened it up as a courtesy, a thank you, and also to let people "sample" what it's about. We did not open up "posting" privileges, but everybody can read what is there. Also, even if you don't subscribe, please be sure and visit our Front Page. We often have "premium" articles posted there after the premium members have seen it on the board first. It is not unusual for us to have 7 Premium Articles all free on the Front Page at a time. We're loving the format here, and trying to share the love the best way we know how.....football team, perhaps, excepted for the time being :)

Thanks for the comments, and thanks for letting others know about us, too. It is appreciated.

Badinage
10-09-2012, 10:36 AM
JDrum informed people of this site when he was asked in the general forum. I thought that was pretty cool.

Darrell KSR
10-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Jeff is a very good guy; have known him for many years back to the days when we all were at the same place on Rivals. He's going to do things the right way, and nobody will go wrong following him either.

Jimcats
10-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I still have subscriptions to the three sites. And have no idea what brought on the "split" and the obvious hard feelings. I've never liked Fox and I know that, with respect to important happenings in UK sports, all three get the word out quickly. I probably should cancel one or two of the subscriptions, but I enjoy sharing with the clowns on all three forums. I've considered dropping my script to the hard copy Cats Pause, but hate to do that since I've been a subscriber for so long.

If anyone is interested in paying the mailing cost, I have about 50 lbs (raw estimate) of old copies that I need to get rid of and would send them to you. I plan to take them to a recycling center if no one wants them.