PDA

View Full Version : SwiftKey keyboard now free

Darrell KSR
06-12-2014, 10:01 AM
I used Swype for many months, if not longer. But SwiftKey is just much better. I bought it many months ago, and it's ability to predict the next word I am going to type is uncanny. It also allows the same "Swipe" ability to type, and it is configurable (for example, I like having a permanent row of numbers at the top of my keyboard, instead of having it be an alternative key, or having to call up a separate number keyboard. So that's what I use. I have toyed with the idea of the numbers on a side keypad, but this is what I prefer.

If you like to type with two thumbs, even occasionally, in addition to the "swipe," it's a no-brainer.

Here's an article from Time yesterday on the best keyboard becoming free:

http://time.com/2857057/swiftkey-free/

KSRBEvans
06-12-2014, 10:09 AM
With the announcement (https://www.apple.com/ios/ios8/quicktype/) that iOS 8 will allow 3rd party keyboards, I'm really looking forward to trying some of these. Thanks for the tip.

PedroDaGr8
06-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up. When SwiftKey first added the swipe feature it wasn't very good. I will try it again now that they have had some time to work on it. I have been getting frustrated with Swype recently. So this gives me a great excuse to try SwiftKey again.

Darrell KSR
06-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. When SwiftKey first added the swipe feature it wasn't very good. I will try it again now that they have had some time to work on it. I have been getting frustrated with Swype recently. So this gives me a great excuse to try SwiftKey again.

I used both for awhile for that very reason. I have no complaints over the swipe feature now. In fact, I don't even carry the Swype keyboard anymore.

PedroDaGr8
06-12-2014, 06:30 PM
I used both for awhile for that very reason. I have no complaints over the swipe feature now. In fact, I don't even carry the Swype keyboard anymore.

I'm really digging it. I think it has fully replaced Swype for me as well. It just feels much smoother and more accurate.