PDA

View Full Version : Could Hillary be replacing Biden?

badrose
08-16-2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/today-day_650058.html

Biden has been a real embarrassment lately. Norm Crosby could take a few lessons from him.

Doc
08-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Lately? IMO he has been an embarrassment for years. He is the worse plagiarizer since Darryl!

BudCat_upthecreek
08-16-2012, 09:06 PM
She'd be a real improvement & a viable replacement as President if anything ever happened to Obama.

dan_bgblue
08-16-2012, 09:14 PM
If the MSM had not derailed her run at the white house 3 plus years ago, she would be running for office again instead of the current incumbent.

jazyd
08-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I hpe Biden stays on the ticket, Hillary would be very hard to overcome. Plus Obama knows what has happened to other 'Clinton' friends in the past and probably knows some of the secret service guys might close their eyes for a few seconds.

Badinage
08-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Wilder seems to think so (http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2012/aug/17/wilder-slams-biden-for-chains-remark/).

CitizenBBN
08-19-2012, 10:30 PM
So far nothing but denials. Hope they're accurate. Hillary would help no doubt, right now Biden is no help.

Badinage
08-20-2012, 06:01 AM
With Ryan as the VP pick for Romney, Biden (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2012/08/19/the_incredible_lightness_of_joe_biden_287825.html) is a greater liability for Obama.

badrose
08-20-2012, 06:33 AM
A link on Drudge suggested she declined, intending to run in '16.

jazyd
08-20-2012, 08:12 AM
There was an interview yesterday with a guy who claims to have two sources that said she declined for sure. If she accepted and they won, she would have to run on Obama's record in 16 which she doesn't agree with and if they lost it would be said they lost because of her.

A link on Drudge suggested she declined, intending to run in '16.

Badinage
08-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Running with Obama, winning and having a good second term would really benefit her if she wants to be president in 2016. I think she would really help the ticket, if she replaced Biden; however, running, winning, and having a second term like the first would probably hurt her prospects. I also think she can distinguish herself from the Obama regime, if Obama has a bad second term. So, probably smart of her to decline, if that is true.

CitizenBBN
08-20-2012, 12:43 PM
There was an interview yesterday with a guy who claims to have two sources that said she declined for sure. If she accepted and they won, she would have to run on Obama's record in 16 which she doesn't agree with and if they lost it would be said they lost because of her.

Exactly what I told someone yesterday. If she wants to run next election she'd be crazy to accept. She'll have Obama's record around her neck, and even if she thinks that will be a good thing (and it won't and she knows it), she can get that by being SoS but with SoS she has an easy exit strategy to get away from his record.

It's a huge risk for little gain if she's looking at running for office again, and even if she just wants to influence policy she can do it as well or better as SoS. VP is meaningless for that role.

I can see Obama wanting her for sure, but she has all the same reasons to not accept it as she did when she didn't accept it 4 years ago.