PDA

View Full Version : Very pretty, but very dumb

CitizenBBN
06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/05/gwyneth-paltrow-mean-words-hurts-water-feelings/

“Emoto poured pure water into vials labelled with negative phrases like 'I hate you' or 'Fear'. After 24 hours, the water was frozen, and no longer crystallised under the microscope: It yielded grey, misshapen clumps instead of beautiful lace-like crystals.” In contrast, he wrote water labeled “'I love you' or 'Peace'” produced “gleaming, perfectly hexagonal crystals.”

She was pretty hot in the Ironman movies, but this is an impressive level of disconnect from reality even for Hollywood.

Mythbusters tested the basic theory this comes from that is way old and is basically the idea of The Force, that all living thing interact at something like a quantum level, even that theory doesn't suggest water can read.

I admire her all the more as an actress though, b/c now I know playing a smart person like Pepper Potts is a real stretch. :)

suncat05
06-06-2014, 08:10 AM
I........just........I don't know.........can someone really be that far out of touch? Not only is it sad, but it's creepy too! Geez-oh-pete, what in the blue blazes is going on out there? Has an alternate universe exposed itself via the Nebulan vortex?

badrose
06-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Without looking, I'll bet there's a collection of her ridiculous quotes. I think there was one about toilette paper...

dan_bgblue
06-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Hallucinogens are better today than they were 40 years ago.

CitizenBBN
06-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Without looking, I'll bet there's a collection of her ridiculous quotes. I think there was one about toilette paper...

This one is just her thoughts on the literacy of hydrogen and oxygen molecules. And her ability to believe the worst kind of gypsy con nonsense.

She really thinks water will freeze differently, i.e. react badly or positively, based on what is written on the test tube in which it is frozen. Write negative, angry words and it freezes wrong somehow, write happy things like peace and love and it freezes in perfect crystals.

There really is a theory of interconnection of LIVING things, which is pretty disproven but at least I kinda get the concept. But even those guys don't think the plant can READ, you have to think/say mean things to them, and none of them think it applies to lifeless molecules like water.

Basically for this to work water has to be able to read. I wonder if you go get a water sample from China would you have to write in Chinese or can water read multiple languages?

blueboss
06-06-2014, 10:15 PM

blueboss
06-06-2014, 10:22 PM
It's another actor/actress, for the life of me I can't understand there is anyone in the world that hang on an actor/actresses every word let alone any word. I especially enjoy when the press focuses on an actor/actress/musician political views like I'm going to base who I'm going to vote for because George Clooney, Scarlotte Johanson, or Bruce Springstien or any other celebrity supports them.

Jeez they're nice to look at but sooner or later they are going to open their mouths

When Gwyneth or any other actress spouts something as flakey as this I would to be able to look her straight in the face and say NICE BOOBS Gywneth.

CitizenBBN
06-06-2014, 10:53 PM
I'm with you blueboss. There are some smart, well considered actors on both sides of the spectrum, but most are just visiting Earth from some other reality. I doubt they're any dumber than the general population, but the dumb people in the general population don't get media interviews and have their views publicized to the rest of us.

I had a gf in college whose roommate was very confused one evening studying b/c the book referred to both the French and the Europeans and she thought that was the same thing. That's "actor level dumb" but since no reporters were there we weren't subjected to it.

But literate, sentient water is a pretty good reach even for the normal drivel they sometimes say. It's literally more likely there are aliens in Area 51 or that the moon landings were faked. Way more likely.

Bakert
06-07-2014, 07:34 AM
I keep expecting Paltrow to next come out against the 97% of climate scientists who believe climate change is occurring in part due to our actions. But I'm sure she knows better. Those who ignore science...

FWIW, I don't find Paltrow attractive at all. Anyone as full of excrement as she is is not attractive. And on top,of that she is at best a mediocre actress.

CitizenBBN
06-07-2014, 10:47 AM
I keep expecting Paltrow to next come out against the 97% of climate scientists who believe climate change is occurring in part due to our actions. But I'm sure she knows better. Those who ignore science...

FWIW, I don't find Paltrow attractive at all. Anyone as full of excrement as she is is not attractive. And on top,of that she is at best a mediocre actress.

Don't worry, she is convinced of global warming just like all the other sheep who think that science is some kind of popularity vote, that whatever most think must be the truth even if for 15 years their models have failed, and I'm sure she also ignores the 8 trillion pound political gorilla in the room that is clearly influencing the situation.

You don't write peace and love on your coffee cup b/c you think it keeps it warmer longer do you? ;)