PDA

View Full Version : Any soccer fans on this board?

wes011
06-03-2014, 07:07 PM
World Cup starts in June this year and Louisville City Football Club (new minor league soccer team) will be playing in Louisville Slugger Field.

Exciting times....I hope us fans can support the pro soccer team.

dan_bgblue
06-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Wes, I know there are several round football fans at KSR. Do not know how many of them frequent this forum though

Lfbj00
06-03-2014, 11:28 PM
I swear to God I'm trying Wes!!! It is a sloooow process!! My 7 year old daughter has fallen in love with the sport. Just finished her 4th league, and will be attending British Soccer Camp in 2 weeks. So because of her, I'm getting a feel for it more and more. Actually catching myself watching English Premier League games during the day every now and again. (Actually love indoor soccer)

KSRBEvans
06-04-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm a fan every time the World Cup rolls around. I'm looking forward to watching it this summer.

Saw this quiz to pick which country's team I should be a fan of. Somehow I ended up with France. :sCo_huhsign:

http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/quiz/which-country-are-you-secretly-supporting-at-the-world-cup/

blueboss
06-04-2014, 07:49 PM
World Cup fan, Stanley Cup fan.

Darrell KSR
06-06-2014, 08:10 AM
Yes, not as much as some, but probably more than most.

Glad to know Louisville has pro soccer, which I didn't know. Would be fun to watch if time warrants some time on some visit.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forum Runner

Bakert
06-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Was spending a month in Manchester UK in 2004 and remember watching the Euro Championships as a complete soccer neophyte. Was there for another month 2years later during the World Cup. Have been to Old Trafford 4 times to see Man U and have also seen Barca at the Camp Nou. Ten years on I'm still trying to grasp the nuances, but have come to appreciate a sport in which there is 45 minutes of action each half rather than our version which is about 15 minutes of action per half between standing around and beer ads.

MickintheHam
06-13-2014, 09:52 AM
World Cup starts in June this year and Louisville City Football Club (new minor league soccer team) will be playing in Louisville Slugger Field.

Exciting times....I hope us fans can support the pro soccer team.

I understand that new Louisville City FC logo isn't working out too well.

Lfbj00
06-13-2014, 09:48 PM
I understand that new Louisville City FC logo isn't working out too well.

http://www.localview.co/louisville-ky/posts/louisville-city-football-club-holds-logo-design-contest#.U5u3jaa9LCQ

Crazy4Blue
06-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Love the World Cup, played all through high school. I use to watch a fair amount, but not so much any more.

Doc
06-14-2014, 03:49 PM
big game tonight... England vs Italy. Headed to a bar to watch it with a bunch of bloody English Hooligans.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lCbEXY89N8Q/TXo_PbxMeDI/AAAAAAAAQ60/M8RdnOLGQcs/s1600/english-hooligan-590x471.jpg

CitizenBBN
06-14-2014, 05:22 PM
I knew this would get the commie plotters to come out of the woodwork. Soccer, water fluoridation, all part of the grand plan...

MickintheHam
06-16-2014, 08:24 AM
Big Match tonight. Soccer Party after work at the local Watering Hole. For USA it's win or go home.... well, almost.

PedroDaGr8
06-16-2014, 11:27 PM
How about THAT game today. USA gutted it out, despite the fact Ghana seemed to be the better team overall.

MickintheHam
06-17-2014, 03:51 PM
How about THAT game today. USA gutted it out, despite the fact Ghana seemed to be the better team overall.

The game was fantastic. I keep hearing the assessment that Ghana seemed to be the better overall team. I'm not so sure, but they definitely had some terrific athletes. There's no question about that. Scoring the goal early in the match pretty much kept our attack on hold. We should have done a better job controlling possession, but I chalk that up to inexperience. I look for major improvement in the match with Portugal on Sunday. We went to a local bar/entertainment center and watched with about 3,500 folks. It was a wild, wild scene. The screen was the one used for concerts and covered the entire stage. It was great watching the match in that venue.