PDA

View Full Version : &^%(*&

jazyd
05-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Ok, got that out of my system. In Jackson, there is an organization called International Ballet company, which I won't bore you with but is a good one, that gets a grant and teaches inner city kids ballet lessons for free plus gives them their shoes, tights and leotards for free. They get the clothes from us, we bill IBC at a discount, and the parents walk out with it. The lessons are worth about $450 for the year and the clothes are another $50. So they get around $500 worth for free but it teaches young girls ballet that the parents most likely can't afford so it is great to expose these youngsters.

What made me mad today is a mom comes in to buy another pair of tights for their recital tonight and isn't happy she has to pay...which the first set is free to them but after that they pay...and when she leaves she gets in her brand new Lincoln Navigator. Which I am guessing is around $60,000 based on what a suburban is. If she can buy that vehicle, she can pay for her kid to take dance somewhere and let a child whose parent can't pay take the lessons. Especially knowing my tax dollars are involved in that grant.

Darrell KSR
05-16-2014, 05:13 PM
Sad.

via mobile app

jazyd
05-16-2014, 06:25 PM
work the system

bigsky
05-17-2014, 08:54 AM
In the 90's at the motor Vee we called them "Grand Cherokee Women". Now maybe just "Lexus, Lincoln, or Infiniti SUV Women". Entitled and never wrong. At the museum I have tried to put an end to "free day" after watching a white Escalade pull into the parking lot and disgorge a family of six who then complained to me because the line for the free hamburger was too long. I once asked one, "what if this were your daughter?" And she told me her daughter would "never have to work here".

CitizenBBN
05-17-2014, 11:24 AM
I despise people like that, absolutely despise them.

KeithKSR
05-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Sounds typical, some think they are entitled.

badrose
05-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Sounds typical, many think they are entitled.

Fixed