PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever use "TRIPADVISOR"?

Doc
05-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Per another thread, I'm doing some vacation planning and found some stuff on line. Found an intriguing apartment for a week rental in downtown Paris for the Xmas week thru trip advisor. Never done the apartment rental thing but since we got three people going, its hard finding a hotel room for 3 in Europe, I thought I give it a try. Low and behold I came across several real good deals on Tripadvisor but never used that site before. Has anybody ever used them and how was it?

dan_bgblue
05-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Wish I could help, but I have never used that service.

CitizenBBN
05-16-2014, 11:50 AM
I used their reviews a lot when I was traveling a lot and it was great, haven't used them for any bookings though. I don't think they had any of that back then, but the reviews were excellent for both food and lodging. Got me out of a bad stay in Monterey Bay among others.

As for a place in Paris just stay at my place Doc, it's like a 15 minute drive. :)

jazyd
05-16-2014, 01:30 PM
same as BBN, used for reviews but that is it.

Doc
05-16-2014, 04:24 PM
There were 4 we were interested in, all by same agent, same price. The listed price (as low as) was 1/2 the holiday season price (lol) but still reasonably good. Only one had a review and it was positive so will book tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk