PDA

View Full Version : I heard something good this morning on the radio

MickintheHam
05-14-2014, 01:01 PM
A fella 58 years old called into a talk show doctor. He told him was worried about his recent memory loss. He said he was a big sports fan. He could remember statistics and scores from games in the 60's. But, he said recently he couldn't even remember the name of the New England Patriots coach. He wondered if it is a sign of old age. The doc said it may be as you get older you have too much clutter in your mind that keeps your mind from processing thoughts. He cited blood pressure meds and anti-anxiety drugs as a possible cause. But he said the good news in all of this is if you can recognize that you can't remember, you don't have Alzheimer's or Parkinson's diseases. With those you have no clue that you can't remember. I feel better already.

jazyd
05-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Thank You Mick, I feel great. But if I can't remember that I can't remember, how do I know I can't remember. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

KSRdallen
05-15-2014, 06:39 AM
And in a related scenario, two wrongs don't make a right. However, three lefts do make a right.

KeithKSR
05-22-2014, 11:38 AM
I have issues like that, especially with names. I can recall where kids sat, what time of day I had them in class years afterward; but forget names. I have had 150 kids or so a year for the last six years, alone. After 20+ years as an educator I have had thousands of kids come through. That's a lot of names!