PDA

View Full Version : Issues With KFC/ YUM Center?

Bakert
05-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Not sure what this means, but one can hope it's bad.

http://thevillevoice.com/2014/05/08/arena-authority-uofl-legal-problems-coming/

Doc
05-09-2014, 08:11 PM
from the comment section:

Citizen // May 9, 2014 at 3:18 pm

It’s about time…

anyone we know?

CitizenBBN
05-09-2014, 10:51 PM
from the comment section:

anyone we know?
I don't think so, but I do blackout from time to time. ;)

If they're hiring them re the Yum Center it's for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) Yum is in big trouble and UL is about to make its move against it, or

2) UL and Yum are in trouble for the questionable nature of their contracts and financial distributions, which is what was speculated.

It also could be nothing to do with nothing, this is just speculation based on UL hiring some law firms. Everyone hires lawyers, even us libertarian anti-establishment types. lol

MickintheHam
05-10-2014, 05:03 AM
Could it be, with the SEC and IRS possibly involved, that certain individuals took gifts or had unjust or illegal enrichment resulting from their positions of authority? This sounds criminal. I hope the next we hear is that a Federal prosecutor is involved.

Doc
05-10-2014, 06:44 AM
I don't think so, but I do blackout from time to time. ;)

If they're hiring them re the Yum Center it's for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) Yum is in big trouble and UL is about to make its move against it, or

2) UL and Yum are in trouble for the questionable nature of their contracts and financial distributions, which is what was speculated.

It also could be nothing to do with nothing, this is just speculation based on UL hiring some law firms. Everyone hires lawyers, even us libertarian anti-establishment types. lol

I knew it wasn't you. A three word post??? :lmao:

blueboss
05-10-2014, 08:08 AM
During the construction there were issues about them not hiring minority contractors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigBlue92
05-12-2014, 11:36 AM

I don't know. They hired a lot of big litigation firms. To me, it looks like 1. they are trying to conflict out the big in-state firms from representing parties adverse to UL, and/or 2. they need all of those litigation firms because there will be conflicts between co-Defendants (UL v. its board members v. Arena Authority v. its board members v. Commonwealth v. whomever else).

If you are just hiring lawyers, most of those firm could have handled it a huge scope of work without help, and would not have been needed on an emergency basis.

MickintheHam
05-12-2014, 12:24 PM
I don't know. They hired a lot of big litigation firms. To me, it looks like 1. they are trying to conflict out the big in-state firms from representing parties adverse to UL, and/or 2. they need all of those litigation firms because there will be conflicts between co-Defendants (UL v. its board members v. Arena Authority v. its board members v. Commonwealth v. whomever else).

If you are just hiring lawyers, most of those firm could have handled it a huge scope of work without help, and would not have been needed on an emergency basis.

Could whomever else include our esteemed Lt.Gov. the Mayor for Life himself??

CitizenBBN
05-12-2014, 12:36 PM

It is a wide array of firms, and no doubt most of them could handle about any scope of work UL could generate without bringing in anyone. It is curious. Hadn't thought about doing it just to conflict out from representing others, very interesting.