PDA

View Full Version : Amelia Island info

jazyd
05-11-2014, 11:18 PM
Trying to decide where to go this year, and Amelia Island has entered my mind. Anyone with info, did you like it, what to do, anything special

Catonahottinroof
05-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Beautiful place, but it's pricey and extremely snooty.... Buyer beware.

jazyd
05-12-2014, 09:11 AM
I guess I am out, don't like snooty

MickintheHam
05-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Trying to decide where to go this year, and Amelia Island has entered my mind. Anyone with info, did you like it, what to do, anything special

There are twenty places on the gulf coast and 3 on the Atlantic I would visit before I would head to Amelia again. Beaches aren't much and I found the golf courses unremarkable. Good food there. It's a long way to go for an average beach resort experience.

kingcat
05-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Might not be as ritzy as some like (3 star), but these are some nice folks on the Atlantic side.
A real family type atmosphere and a place families return to generation after generation.

http://perrysoceanedge.com/

blueboss
05-12-2014, 03:30 PM

I guess I am out, don't like snooty

I completely disagree about pricey or snooty, we've been to Amelia Island a half a dozen times over the last couple of years. We rent the same condo and it's usually 1,500.00 for 10 nights, and it's located on the beach about 3-4 miles from the historic district (north end) which has several really good reasonably priced restaurants. Some of the best fishing in the surf I've ever had is at Amelia , and the people we spoke to even though they are either GA or FL fans were very nice even after finding out we are KY fans, we even had a couple from GA that we spoke with at a table next to ours picked up our dinner check with out us knowing until we went to leave.

There is a Ritz on the southern end and the restaurants are a little more expensive on that end but not outrageous.