PDA

View Full Version : President's climate plan

dan_bgblue
05-06-2014, 06:32 PM
I already have my stock of candles, firewood, and MREs. How about you?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/06/podesta-says-zero-chance-congress-can-stop-obama-climate-plan/?intcmp=latestnews

CitizenBBN
05-06-2014, 09:37 PM
I presume it starts with bombing Chinese coal plants, all 200,000 or so of them? Maybe putting a big bubble around the US so all the other bad things other countries are doing can't drag us along with them?

This reminds me so much of the back to nature movement in France during Rousseau's time, the French Court out milking cows to get in touch with nature and simplicity in big hoop dresses and wigs. A modern back to nature movement led by enviro-nuts who have never set foot on a farm or plowed a field or gone hunting or fishing or in any other way actually experienced nature other than looking at it through a window sipping a cocktail, happily dragging us all along because they know best.

There isn't science behind this, it's religion, faith. Those are far more powerful than any science or any reasoning, it's all swept aside as heresy, the unsupported ramblings of a non-believer.

blueboss
05-07-2014, 06:33 PM
You lost me with president's & plan....I'm not sure we can survive to 2016

Doc
05-08-2014, 03:56 PM
I wish he would freeze in hell. Sounds like a good plan to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickintheHam
05-14-2014, 11:11 AM
I wish he would freeze in hell. Sounds like a good plan to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I agree, but it might help if he moved down the Potomac and closer to the coastline.

dan_bgblue
05-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Spot on Commentary (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/05/16/inconvenient-truth-about-climate-change-and-obamas-policies/)

CitizenBBN
05-16-2014, 10:01 PM
It's a good piece Dan. Two key stats there:

-- China increase emissions every 18 months enough to fully offset the FIFTEEN YEAR Obama plan in the US.

-- China is producing 85% of the new CO2 emissions every year

We're bailing the titantic with a teacup, and ironically the more these controls are imposed the more it actually HURTS their effort by moving more jobs to China where we are only growing their CO2 production.

We'd actually reduce global emissions to loosen our standards and create jobs here with MORE CO2 emissions than Obama's goals b/c it would still produce fewer emissions than that same production in China. We're still cleaner and more efficient than them, so loosen up and let us produce here if you really are convinced of this climate threat. It's not perfect, but it's better than growing China's economy by restricting ours.

CitizenBBN
05-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Re diplomacy working with China, that's the funniest thing ever.

Slightly OT, I"m selling some Chinese SKS rifles. Some of them are old enough to qualify as curio and relics, EXCEPT that China has refused to provide manufacturing info on them so ATF can't rule any of them 50 years old so none of them are. Why won't they? B/c we stopped imports of Chinese rifles and ammo decades ago.

Our relationship with China is AWFUL and it permeates about everything. We tolerate consumer imports and they tolerate the exports b/c we have to ecnomically, but we wont' see one ounce of cooperation past that and haven't on anything from big issues like Taiwan and Japan and NK to totally innocuous things that cost neither side anything, like some serial number data on some 50 year old rifles.

We can't work together at a low level that costs no one anything but we're going to convince them to grind their economy to a near halt? Oh yeah, that's going to happen. It's beyond naive. It may be mentally ill.

KeithKSR
05-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Our government and logic have never met.

dan_bgblue
05-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Richard Tol is a professor of economics at the University of Sussex and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. He has been involved in the IPCC since 1994. (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/05/20/un-climate-change-expert-reveals-bias-in-global-warming-report/?intcmp=latestnews)

KeithKSR
05-20-2014, 06:52 PM
The big deal with climate change is it is the political football the progressives needed to justify an assault on capitalism.

CitizenBBN
05-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Absolutely Keith, best one sentence summary of what is going on I've seen. It's all about expanding government control in the face of a threat, the Leftist version of the Rightist justification of terrorism, it's all about power and control.

Did you guys see where the Sirracha owner said government in the US wasn't really any different than what he left in communist Vietnam? I doubt he's exaggerating, esp. in California (sorry to our cali friends, that's on their government, not on the citizens).

And what's a good move to tyranny without some propaganda:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/23/taxpayers-paid-56-million-for-climate-change-games/

Millions spent to make up stupid websites to reinforce this nonsense, not with science or reason but with fear mongering presented in an entertaining package.

They called climate skeptics "neo-luddites", which is ironic on more than one level. next up "Climate Skeptic Hate Hour". Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.

KeithKSR
05-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Our tax dollars at work. :banghead: