PDA

View Full Version : OT: Memorial Service for Donald Ray Lewis ("Oledon")

Darrell KSR
10-05-2012, 10:24 PM
As almost everyone here know, a beloved member of this forum, moderator, dedicated Kentucky fan, and friend to many, Don Lewis, aka Oledon, passed away last year. He loved nothing more than watching his beloved Wildcats, tailgating before football games, and attending basketball games, or baseball games, or just about anything related to UK. He was often the voice of reason on these boards, and during some difficult times, he helped maintain a strong sense of community and aided us with his abundance of common sense.

For personal reasons, the family wished to have a memorial service later in his honor, rather than right after his passing, and they have now made those arrangements. I have been notified tonight of those arrangements, and have been asked to pass them along.

Memorial Service for Donald Ray Lewis

Location of Service
First Christian Church (Chapel)
401 West Poplar St.
Elizabethtown, Ky., 42701
(270) 765-4994

Time of Service
October 28, 2012
1:30 to 3:30 pm

Reception immediately following service
Place of Interment
Elizabethtown City Cemetery
East Dixie Highway

badrose
10-05-2012, 10:38 PM
I wish I could be there. I want to add that a close second to his love for UK sports was his fellowship with us. He went far out of his way to meet many of us. When several of us met in Columbia to watch Prince, Bogans, et al we all stayed at the same hotel as the team. At one point the team was streaming out to get on the bus and I caught a glimpse of Oledon watching them walk out, just soaking it all in. You would have thought he was in Heaven. It made me appreciate it all the more. Good times. Very good times.