PDA

View Full Version : Remote helicopters

blueboss
04-29-2014, 07:40 PM
Long story short I've been given one to entertain my grandson, at first glance this thing looks complicated as hell. It appears to be a decent one and I know it cost around 250.00, but not knowing anything about them I have no idea if it's a good one or not. Anybody had any luck, tips, or insight??

Doc
04-29-2014, 10:36 PM
You need to get one of these "Orville-copters"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll4hvRj9YHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTVOK2yvbBM

Yes, its made out of a REAL live (or formerly live) cat

Darrell KSR
04-30-2014, 07:14 AM
I don't, but they look like a blast to play with.

via mobile app

blueboss
04-30-2014, 07:03 PM
I putz'd around with it last night in the living room and got it off the ground and safely landed a few times without breaking anything. It's easier than I thought but I've still got some work to do to maneuver it around more confidently.

CitizenBBN
04-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Don't fly it in that town that issues drone hunting licenses. :)

blueboss
05-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Funny you bring that up, they are now featuring an add on on the way of a camera platform/ mount. Now if I could just get some side mount rocket launchers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
05-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Funny you bring that up, they are now featuring an add on on the way of a camera platform/ mount. Now if I could just get some side mount rocket launchers

I can hook you up. We'll take some rocket launchers of some Yugo SKSs and be good to go. ;)

(That's an inside gun joke, there are no rocket launchers on the Yugo SKS but the media and politicians keep saying so. It's a sight for aiming them if you launch them from the barrel, they did design one for that but it but it wasn't a "rocket launcher".)

dan_bgblue
05-02-2014, 05:34 PM

Bottle rockets with mini, remote control, piezo igniters to light he fuze will do the trick

blueboss
05-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Bottle rockets with mini, remote control, piezo igniters to light he fuze will do the trick

You know?? I was actually thinking about that...I was thinking I could light the fuses off the battery somehow.

dan_bgblue
05-02-2014, 07:48 PM
CBBN and I majored in mayhem

CitizenBBN
05-02-2014, 08:44 PM
You know?? I was actually thinking about that...I was thinking I could light the fuses off the battery somehow.

Not a problem at all. They can ignite electrically. Could also wire them up with shotgun loads with non-lethal rubber balls. Or did we want to go small game hunting?

CitizenBBN
05-02-2014, 08:55 PM
How much weight can this thing take? I've got a flare gun that's really light weight, that could work great. Maybe something with more umph, something belt fed....