PDA

View Full Version : Even Tenessee Cops hate Tenessee Fans

PedroDaGr8
04-28-2014, 10:12 AM
The cops are in the process of arresting a guy at a LARGE college party. One of the cops decides to choke the guy being handcuffed until he passes out. I fully expected the cop to just get put on paid leave and then a slap on the wrist. The usual for overly abusive tactics. Instead, I see this morning that the cop was fired. One of my co-workers is an ex-cop and he said one of the two reasons he left the force was people like this guy. He said there is a huge battle in mindset between the militarization of the police and federal government and the "old school" cops that view the job as to protect and to serve.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2614386/Tennessee-police-photographed-choking-unresisting-college-student-passes-out.html

suncat05
04-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Wow! Just Wow! How dumb can one human possibly be? Especially in that situation? You know that deputy had to have countless hours of training on that particular subject matter.........and there is almost no defense to a two-handed choke hold like that, not in that manner, and especially when the suspect is already in hand restraints. And that deputy had been on the job since 1992?
This is why there is a policy & procedure manual. Only in extraordinary circumstances is an officer allowed to deviate from the manual. Unless you can articulate the necessity to deviate from accepted policy and be able to substantiate the reason(s) why it was necessary, well, you just don't do it.

UKHistory
05-01-2014, 12:25 PM
How about the two cops handcuffing that guy? They didn't do anything based on the pictures to try and stop the other policeman from choking the guy.

that is scary. I don't call that stupid. I called it mad with power. That is a move out of some nightmare facist state.

I am glad the one guy has been fired (Lord help the people at the local mall when this enforcers starts waddling through the food court) but what about the two who stood by and allowed this assault to take place?