PDA

View Full Version : For the first time in 7 years, I will have no reason to visit Tuscaloosa

Darrell KSR
04-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Other than seeing Bakert, of course. :)

Have had one or two daughters there for 7 straight years, with one overlap year with two both there, and it ends Friday. I will miss making those short trips to visit, to bring something they forgot, to have lunch on occasion, and to visit for special events.

Wouldn't surprise me if it resurfaces in 3+ years with my youngest daughter. We love the school, academics, social life, and proximity to Birmingham. But for now, melancholy hitting.

via mobile app

suncat05
04-28-2014, 07:42 AM
Fully understand that, Darrell. I miss my trips to Gainesville to visit my daughter when she was attending UF.

blueboss
04-28-2014, 10:04 AM
On a similar note I've got one graduating this week. She however had been staying with us while she was finishing her BA at the devil school (UL). She packed up this past weekend to go help her soon to be husband move from San Diego to Chicago (navy).

It's really quiet around the house...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
04-28-2014, 04:12 PM
This is so freaking weird. 3 years ago this week my oldest daughter was graduating from Alabama when bad weather and tornadoes devastated several states, including Tuscaloosa. So my middle daughter is graduating this week, and again, tornadoes. Hopefully this one won't hit and they won't postpone graduation (minor inconvenience in the grand scheme, I know).

via mobile app