PDA

View Full Version : Three years ago, today right now

Darrell KSR
04-27-2014, 04:01 PM
I was huddled with my wife and three kids in the basement of Moody Music Hall in Tuscaloosa, with another child about a mile away in the bottom floor of Rose Towers, awaiting this.

We were walking outside after my daughter finished her voice jury when the tornado siren sounded, and made the prudent decision to return inside. 100-ish yards away, a massive tornado struck, killing many, and destroying much in its path. I will never forget that day...

via mobile app

CitizenBBN
04-27-2014, 04:14 PM
What a complete unreal event that was. I think that's the corner where I stayed when I was there on business, shocking to see the pics of it all just gone.

jazyd
05-01-2014, 10:58 AM
It was a bad day for Ala and Ms. Miss didnt have all the deaths as Ala but one small town was totally destroyed in the NE part of the state and if I remember 12 died but the town only had around 5000 people.mmwhat it did to Tuscaloosa is still mind boggling. And the whole state.
It seems our two states right now are a tornado magnet and bad ones. And the thing is, it's not just one or two at a time but 10, 15, or even 20 on the same day and both states. We had 12 for sure Monday, maybe 16 and I understand Ala had at least 16.