PDA

View Full Version : Threatening Weather in the forecast

dan_bgblue
04-26-2014, 09:37 PM
Stay tuned to local weather info for Tuesday and Wednesday. This has the potential to fire up some spinners. Not a high likely hood but the risk is real.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/exper/day4-8/

Darrell KSR
04-28-2014, 04:14 PM
And today. Hope dallen and jazyd, Millsforthree are safe. Saw pics of tornado damage in Tupelo.

Everybody be safe. I'm home, weather radio on, and phones charging.

via mobile app

Darrell KSR
04-28-2014, 04:22 PM
@WCL_Shawn: The #tornado nearing Louisville, MS is a beast on radar. Seek shelter NOW! #MSwx

via mobile app

UKHistory
04-28-2014, 05:06 PM
Prayers to all you guys with the weather.

jazyd
04-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Tornadoes all around Jackson area. 4 on ground right now

jazyd
04-28-2014, 08:25 PM
Bad day folks, nothing like Ala and Miss. Few years ago but several dead, damage but really we have dodged a big bullet

blueboss
04-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Some kind of new tornado ally, you boys been get smacked around a lot down there in the last few years. We've got a nephew pitching for the Little Rock Arkansas Trojans and he dodged one there last night. They were returning from a series in Bowling Green with WKU ....

Keep your heads down.....

Darrell KSR
04-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Tornado on ground in Tuscaloosa, but 7 miles south of Alabama campus. My daughter is at her apartment complex, in a friend's apartment on the ground floor, in a bathroom. I hate tornadoes.

PedroDaGr8
04-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Tornado on ground in Tuscaloosa, but 7 miles south of Alabama campus. My daughter is at her apartment complex, in a friend's apartment on the ground floor, in a bathroom. I hate tornadoes.

Damn D, that's horrible. Good bless your family. I hope everyone stays safe.

Darrell KSR
04-29-2014, 09:28 AM
Everybody is fine, Pedro.

Jazyd in Mississippi was missed by about a mile, and Darryl was also close in his area of Birmingham (maybe 1/2 mile?) MickintheHam was also close - they projected the path right across his house, but it broke apart and weakened before arriving there, just a matter of a few miles.

Bakert is in Tuscaloosa now, but he and my daughter were safe, although there were tornadoes to the north and south of them in Tuscaloosa. So we had a lot of KSR folk in the path.

My family was fine, as we're a little South and east of Darryl and Mick, so we were a few miles away.

Bad weather expected this afternoon in the area, too, so I hope we don't see a repeat.

via mobile app

jazyd
04-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Wild day yesterday. I heard the twister in Louisville, ms, was over 30,000 feet high. Seems these storms come out of Texas, across La, then hit the Miss River and explode into violent storms. Right now, thankfully, where I live is between the normal two paths. One is just south of us by a mile and the other path is just to the north of us. They go just west and north of Jackson or just south. I don't know what it is that splits these storms but something is there.

Then they race into Ala and refuel and blast them.

jazyd
04-30-2014, 09:14 AM
12confirmed dead now in Miss but it could have been so much worse

jazyd
05-02-2014, 08:23 AM
15 now confirmed dead as they found one more body yesterday, 8 yr old boy whose parents were both killed. Winds blew all 3 quite some way from their homes. Also 15 confirmed tornadoes with possibly more as they continue their investigations.

The one that hit Louisville, Ms was a F4, the one that hit near my house was an F3

blueboss
05-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Is the weather settling down, down there? I'm heading that way next week.

Darrell KSR
05-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Is the weather settling down, down there? I'm heading that way next week.

I'm in Huntsville today, high 70's and sunny. Good weather is back.

via mobile app