PDA

View Full Version : It is FOOTBALL Season!!

CGWildcat
08-12-2012, 02:02 PM
Let's start this one off right supporting our boys in blue!!!

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
I am looking forward to the start of the season. Hoping it gets going on a positive note.

paulhead31
08-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Hey new to the board but not new to reading the other sites. I hope this season is a great one and UK can show us all a great time with lots of special games.

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Welcome Paul. Going to take a while for everyone to settle in, so expect it to be slow here for the first few days. The in laws should be coming along soon, and that will pep things up a bit. ;)

paulhead31
08-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Welcome Paul. Going to take a while for everyone to settle in, so expect it to be slow here for the first few days. The in laws should be coming along soon, and that will pep things up a bit. ;)

If a lot of the folks come from scout board I belive it. Thanks for the welcome hope to talk a lot on here.

Darrell KSR
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Hi Paul, love me some football!

Even went to see some futbol tonight to warm up. UAB tied Louisville 1-1; and if UAB can tie them, then you know Kentucky football can beat the Cardinals, right?

Thanks for coming along. Like Dan said, typically it takes a few days when change occurs, so don't be put off if it starts a little slow. Get some good footballers over here, and we'll be off and running.

suncat05
08-17-2012, 09:25 AM
I want to believe that we're going to have a good season. But I am still plenty worried about our WR's. They have hurt us more than helped us the last two seasons. The reports out of fall training camp says they're doing much better, but that still has to carry over to catching the ball on the field in a real, live game.
If we are going to have any shot whatsoever at being bowl eligible, we have to beat U of L to start the season. At least that's how I see it. Winning at the Pizza Palace puts us in good shape. :cool:

Darrell KSR
08-17-2012, 04:23 PM
The interesting thing is that I have heard a lot of positive discussion about the receivers so far. Somebody (Catfan73?) suggested it might be the result of Coach Washington. Regardless, you are dead on the issue about how important they are. I surely hope they are ready.

I want to believe that we're going to have a good season. But I am still plenty worried about our WR's. They have hurt us more than helped us the last two seasons. The reports out of fall training camp says they're doing much better, but that still has to carry over to catching the ball on the field in a real, live game.
If we are going to have any shot whatsoever at being bowl eligible, we have to beat U of L to start the season. At least that's how I see it. Winning at the Pizza Palace puts us in good shape. :cool:

suncat05
08-17-2012, 04:56 PM
I certainly hope so Darrell. Honestly, I am tired of bitching about how bad our receivers have been the last couple of years. Did I ever mention that they were among some of the WORST in the NCAA the last two years? Jeez-O-Pete, how bad, sad, horrible, terrible, et al do you have to be when the friggin' ball hits you in the hands and you still can't catch it? When the QB lays it right in your hands and then you drop it because you couldn't see it coming out of the sun? IN YOUR STINKIN' HANDS, DUDE!! Catch the damn ball!! :mad:

truecatsfan
08-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Right with you Sun. I can tell you this in the spring game they did catch the ball. Having a true reciviers coach should pay off

Terry Blue
08-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Optimism seems to be running high right now for the offense after today!! Go Big Blue from Terry Blue!

truecatsfan
08-18-2012, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=Yeah, truecatsfan...I deleted this post. Your comment, however, was hilarious! -PJ4UK[/QUOTE]

Must be a ul fan or Rick trying to get hold of Karen.