PDA

View Full Version : Feds are over armed

KeithKSR
04-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Every federal agency now has a bunch of armed agents with M4 or other selective fire weapons, heavy artillery and armored vehicles. I see no need in BLM, EPA and all the other alphabet agencies needing that kind of firepower, when the U.S. Marshall's are available to do any task that could warrant arresting citizens or conducting raids.

UKHistory
04-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Agree 100%. there was a Wall Street Journal discussed on this site a while back. The article noted that the US Department of Education had a swat team. That is ridiculous. If ever there was a need for SWAT based on ED related stuff, the agency should be able to contact local law enforcement or the FBI. It is over kill. No pun intended.

Every federal agency now has a bunch of armed agents with M4 or other selective fire weapons, heavy artillery and armored vehicles. I see no need in BLM, EPA and all the other alphabet agencies needing that kind of firepower, when the U.S. Marshall's are available to do any task that could warrant arresting citizens or conducting raids.

suncat05
04-23-2014, 11:53 AM
We've discussed this several times previously. And for the most part, I agree. Way too many armed federal agents walking around with authority that they are clueless as to how to properly exercise said authority. And most of whom shouldn't be armed with a pen, much less a firearm.

KeithKSR
04-23-2014, 07:56 PM
We've discussed this several times previously. And for the most part, I agree. Way too many armed federal agents walking around with authority that they are clueless as to how to properly exercise said authority. And most of whom shouldn't be armed with a pen, much less a firearm.

Frankly, the Feds being armed to the extent they currently are is a scary proposition. Feds making poor decisions precipitated Waco and Ruby Ridge. They need to leave law enforcement to local LEOs, who are better trained and less likely to react with an over-the-top decision.