PDA

View Full Version : new unemployment figures

jazyd
10-05-2012, 09:37 AM
WOW, just weeks before the election and suddenly is drops below 8%, and by 2%. Just amazing and such coincidence.
But looking at the numbers, only 114,000 jobs were created according to payroll. But what is so amazing is by a 'household survey' over 800,000 people claimed they have a new job either in the home, part time or on a farm. Is that some kind of record? :cool: And growth still at 1.3%. It takes over 250,000 new jobs a month to barely grow the economy, payroll only says 114,000 but a 'government survey' suddenly finds 800,000 people say they have a new job.
Man, this Obama guy is just amazing, maybe he should run the world if he can do that in just one month after 3 years of doing nothing.

cattails
10-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Truth of the matter is that a lot of people have stopped looking for jobs, figured out they can do just as well living off what the government will give them, check the facts, they are there. So the real questionis has he created more jobs? Or enough?

suncat05
10-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Most of the job creation that has occurred in the last few weeks or so are mostly temporary, seasonal jobs related to the upcoming holidays. So while there may have been some jobs created, they are not permanent, long term, good paying jobs, which is certainly what we need a whole lot more of than our current POTUS has managed to help create.
And I believe little to next to nothing in most of these jobs polls. If the government is making the poll, then it's probably full of lies and other distortions to make the current administration look better than it really is. JMHO.

Doc
10-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Contrary to popular belief by either side, the government create ZERO private sector jobs. They are great at creating civil servant and bureaucrats but nothing in the private sector. All government can do is create an environment where private jobs can be created, by private businesses.

jazyd
10-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Even at that there was not 800,000 new jobs at home or part time, not after 3 months of no movement in that segment. Now, two days after getting his butt whipped, done by a government survery of home people, and no president has ever been reelected with over 8% unemployment.
Yea right.
Time to start handing out fudge at every rally. chocolate and vanilla to make sure no one accuses Romney of being a racist.

Most of the job creation that has occurred in the last few weeks or so are mostly temporary, seasonal jobs related to the upcoming holidays. So while there may have been some jobs created, they are not permanent, long term, good paying jobs, which is certainly what we need a whole lot more of than our current POTUS has managed to help create.
And I believe little to next to nothing in most of these jobs polls. If the government is making the poll, then it's probably full of lies and other distortions to make the current administration look better than it really is. JMHO.

ukblue
10-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Real figure is 14.7%

badrose
10-05-2012, 10:42 PM
I doubt he's fooling anyone who isn't already fooled. Zero impact IMO. If it was real people would have first hand knowledge where it was happening.

CitizenBBN
10-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Real figure is 14.7%

Yep. IMO the far better number is the massive increase in people on food stamps and otherwise measuring increases in those who qualify for benefits. That captures everyone who is financially worse off whether they are actively looking for work and/or drawing unemployment or not. Those numbers are skyrocketing.

cattails
10-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Yep. IMO the far better number is the massive increase in people on food stamps and otherwise measuring increases in those who qualify for benefits. That captures everyone who is financially worse off whether they are actively looking for work and/or drawing unemployment or not. Those numbers are skyrocketing.

Chuck I could be wrong but if you are drawing unemployment then you are part of the %, if you stop or run out you are not, this just lowers the # which is false.

Doc
10-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Employed folks can qualify for food stamps, and free cell phones, and mortgage relief and a myriad of other gov't giveaways.

Darrell KSR
10-07-2012, 11:52 PM
I've never had to rely on stats to tell me something I can see, taste, feel and hear. Economy hasn't picked up like that.

CitizenBBN
10-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Chuck I could be wrong but if you are drawing unemployment then you are part of the %, if you stop or run out you are not, this just lowers the # which is false.

Correct. They try to make an adjustment, but the basic number from Labor Dept. is "those seeking employment". Those who stopped trying aren't in that number. The "real" number is people without jobs who are otherwise qualified to work (18 or older, etc.) and that number is getting way too close to 20%.

Darrell's right. It's like looking at Towles as QB. Forget the stats, you can tell better from the look test, and this economy sure doesn't pass it.

jazyd
10-08-2012, 09:08 AM
If I heard right, that number that went so high in the 'government' survery by the 'labor dept' had been averaging around 155,000 the 3 months previous and somehow 2 days after the debate that number jumped to 870,000. And Obama really wants to talk about 'math' being bad.????