PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Angle on Bundy Ranch Siege

CitizenBBN
04-17-2014, 09:37 PM
and it was a siege. When 200 armed agents show up including snipers and armored vehicles, that's a siege.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/04/16/why-is-us-senator-harry-reid-so-concerned-with-local-nevada-rancher/

Basically says Reid has big plans for that area and the ranchers are in the way. Makes the most sense of anything as to why after 20 years of doing nothing even close to this they mobilize hundreds of agents (armed) and spend millions to force the situation to a head.

CitizenBBN
04-17-2014, 09:45 PM
Here are some of his comments, calling Bundy and the supporters "domestic terrorists", claiming they had "automatic weapons" (which is likely completely and utterly untrue but he wouldn't know a rifle from a slingshot), etc.

I'm no fan of lawlessness but i can't help but someone when hundreds of armed troops show up at his doorstep. Right or wrong about what he's done, that scene curdles my blood.

suncat05
04-18-2014, 07:19 AM
Especially given that there are other legal remedies available that were not used. Probably not even discussed.
I believe we are but one incident, or a series of closely connected incidents away from something very bad happening that will harm our civil liberties and freedom in the worst way. JMHO.

jazyd
04-18-2014, 05:46 PM
If it involves Reid, it is dirty.

KeithKSR
04-22-2014, 08:29 PM
What I wanna know is why does BLM need that kind of firepower?