PDA

View Full Version : As Harrisons commit to Kentucky, are the Cats moving from Gr8ness to Dy9asty?

Darrell KSR
10-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Andrew and Aaron Harrison, consensus top 5 players in the class of 2013, have committed to play for John Calipari at the University of Kentucky. Scout's Evan Daniels said that whoever landed the twins would have the nation's best backcourt in 2014, and that honor will likely belong to the Wildcats now.

"We just sat down one night and decided that we wanted to go somewhere (where) we could win as soon as we get there,” said Aaron. The announcement was televised live on ESPNU.

Not only is winning important to the twins, but also getting better, according to Andrew Harrison. "Coach Calipari presented a challenge for us and he just told us from day one it was going to be tough and he was going to push us every day,” Andrew stated.

“And that’s what we really wanted to hear. We just want to become better players.”

Kentucky has landed four consecutive # 1 recruiting classes under John Calipari, and the Cats are in terrific shape for other blue-chip players like James Young, James Randle, and Andrew Wiggins. The defending national champs seem to be on a nearly unprecedented roll, perhaps matched only by John Wooden's incredible run at UCLA. That run was accomplished with players who generally stayed four years at UCLA, however, and no school has ever matched John Calipari's prowess at consistently landing the best of the best since he arrived at Kentucky.

Kentucky's Elite Eighth (see, book, Larry Vaught) was a special national championship, and included their second consecutive trip to the Final Four. From Gr8ness to Dy9asty? Only time will tell, but the Cats have their sights set firmly on national title # 9, loading up with the bluest of blue chip players like Andrew and Aaron Harrison.

DanISSELisdaman
10-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Well, we got a couple good foundation blocks for that dy9asty today.
:cool:

CatinIL
10-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Ummmm, the Harrison twins might be playing for #10 :D

chroix
10-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Man I'm happy. If we keep a player or two to go with the 2013 class.. the potential is pretty staggering, better than 96 kind of team IMO.

blueboss
10-04-2012, 08:24 PM
Off to a great start for 13-14 but we've still got 12-13 locked and loaded and Nerlins and company are looking at # 9 and the twins and whoever joins them will have a real shot at 3peat.

dan_bgblue
10-04-2012, 09:54 PM
The optimism in the BBN is running at an all time high.:cool: Only thing close in the day of the internet was 96 and 97, and I exclude 98 cause no one expected #7 to happen that year.

timukblue
10-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Guys when we ..GET...Randle...this class will be one sweet & talented team! I'm thinking 3-Peat!!

DanISSELisdaman
10-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I like the way you think!

Darrell KSR
10-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Gosh, if we could win 3 titles in a row...oh, man. I don't even want to get my hopes up that high.

suncat05
10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Gosh, if we could win 3 titles in a row...oh, man. I don't even want to get my hopes up that high.

I agree with Darrell. Geez, if we could win 3 in a row, we'd only be the 2nd school to ever do it. A very small, elite group, for sure.

timukblue
10-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Darrell..To late for my hopes.....Already that high!!! :p