PDA

View Full Version : Let's please watch calling each other out

CitizenBBN
10-04-2012, 01:10 PM
I see a bit too much calling out of other posters on here as the election heats up. I know it's frustrating and I can see everyone trying to maintain decorum, but just a reminder to argue positions and be frustrated with those rather than individual posters.

We're entering what is one of the most difficult times for our message boards. Short of a basketball meltdown the month of the Presidential election is about the most strained we get between our family. We're all still family though, so frustration is fine but let's not throw food at the dinner table. :)

Catfan73
10-04-2012, 01:30 PM
I think I'm going to stay away from the Barber Shop and just let everyone commiserate. I don't have enough hair left for a haircut right now anyway. :)

CitizenBBN
10-04-2012, 08:40 PM
It's a mostly conservative crowd so it's tough for folks either more to the left or for the non-conservative candidate. You've done great, hope you stay in the discussion b/c it adds a lot, but at the same time you're family and a UK fan and need to be treated as such, as we all deserve.

jazyd
10-04-2012, 09:25 PM
yes sir :) I do get compassionate at times, hope I wasn't guilty, if so I apologize.

I see a bit too much calling out of other posters on here as the election heats up. I know it's frustrating and I can see everyone trying to maintain decorum, but just a reminder to argue positions and be frustrated with those rather than individual posters.

We're entering what is one of the most difficult times for our message boards. Short of a basketball meltdown the month of the Presidential election is about the most strained we get between our family. We're all still family though, so frustration is fine but let's not throw food at the dinner table. :)

CitizenBBN
10-04-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't think anyone has gone crazy. I first became a mod when we opened a politics board just for the election like 3 elections ago now. Doing it for each one I've just found it's best for us to take a break and remind ourselves we're all on the same side. It's just too easy to get consumed with it this kind of year. That's true of everyone, and was true of me as a mod on the board in each cycle. I'd catch myself acting in very non-mod ways, and still do.

We all just need to make an effort, and I think we all are, it just seemed like a good time to put a reminder out there with the debates starting and this thing going to full boil.

It won't help here that we'll probably be brutalized in football over this period either. Get thumped in the game, come over here already upset and it only makes it tougher on this board.

Of course Cal is doing his best to get us all hugging and singing Kum-ba-ya with his stellar efforts. :)

cattails
10-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Guilty, cuff em Dano.