PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

jazyd
10-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Our good friends and neighbors lost thier youngest son in a car wreck early this morning, age 21. their oldes died from an overdose 9.5 years ago. Wonderful people, our daughters have been best friends since they were 4 yrs old.
Betsy is in complete shock and Robert is stunned, as one can imagine. Pray that they can recover from this at some point in time as this one will take a long time.
I could not help but think of our own Darryl when I found out, his son died 4 years ago this month to the same that our neighbors oldest son did.

blue2ksr
10-04-2012, 12:42 PM
How very, very horrible; a parents worst nightmare.

I pray the Good Lord will comfort them in this terrible time in their lives, and I know that He will.

Jeeepcat
10-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Prayers and God's Peace for them.

CatinIL
10-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Terrible news. My prayers go out to your friends.

jazyd
10-04-2012, 09:10 PM
thanks guys, I know they would appreciate it.

Darrell KSR
10-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I just saw this thread, Jazy, and they are in my prayers. It is an awful tragedy.

badrose
10-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Such a horrible time anyone who has kids. They are certainly in my prayers.

MickintheHam
10-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Jazy, your text message yesterday just caused me to freeze. Burdens are not equally shared in life and I am overwhelmed by what this family has had to endure. Naturally, I am praying for a peaceful rest for their son and courage for the family to face each day. I know you speak of these folks often and they are a family so much like most of the families represented on this board. They are lucky to have you and Pat and Meredith as friends, so am I. May God bless all of you.

suncat05
10-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Your friends will be in our prayers here, jazy.

ShoesSwayedBlue
10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Prayers for peace sent. I just cannot imagine their pain.

BudCat_upthecreek
10-05-2012, 06:07 PM
Jazy I'm so sorry for this family, I know others who have been forced to endure such tough lives. No way a Parent should ever be forced to outlive their child. My Prayers go out for this family as I pray for peace & an understanding (well I can't find words to describe the understanding) I just pray for a peace in their life, I also Pray God will give them the strength & peace to survive for the daughter they have left.

I also Pray for your family and pray you'll be able to somehow help them move forward with their life. God Bless MY Friend & if there's anything we can don't hesitate to ask. I just can't think of anything short of God that can help this family.

blueboss
10-05-2012, 08:59 PM
God bless

Catfan73
10-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Sending prayers for peace and strength to your friends Jazy.

Darryl
10-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Skip, please tell them they are in my prayers. Next Friday is October 12th. Big blue fans will be very excited as it is BBM night. For me, it will be the 4th year since we lost
my oldest son to those damn drugs that are breaking hearts everywhere. Time really doesn't heal. Sorry, it just doesn't.

I read the book about Columbine and one of the parents wrote about her daughter. The parent was getting her hair done and burst out crying. The beautician asked what was
wrong, and the woman said she had lost her child. The beautician asked, "was it recent?" The mother said, "when you've lost a child, it is always recent."

Bless those friends of yours, 2 children lost is simply unimaginable.

God bless.

Darryl

jazyd
10-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Again, thanks to each of you for those thoughts and prayers for that family. It was tough tonight at the funeral home, lots of pictures of him in his football uniform, track, and all his friends. I told his sister I expect her to keep her precious two little girls around her parents alot to help heal the holes in their hearts.

Like Darryl says, you don't ever get over it. You just deal with it.

A thread like this makes me appreciate everyone here so much, sometimes I get a little heated discussing things here that I am compassionate about with some of you, then you come here and say prayers for my friends. Family, that is what this is here.

jazyd
10-06-2012, 03:56 PM
If there is such a thing as a beautiful funeral, this was it this morning. Wonderful speakers, his football coach, about his life, his friends, his faith, family, his adventure.

ONe thing that stuck and it should all of us, live in the moment, don't take it for granted. Love those around us and let them know. Be a friend, make sure you family knows you love them, and for those of us that have accepted Jesus, tell others how we think and want to see them again in heaven.

Darryl, I thought of Nicholas, I think he and John Marcus were probably alot alike.