PDA

View Full Version : Uninstalled Firefox today

KSRBEvans
04-07-2014, 06:42 PM
I've been with Firefox since 2005. But after reading (http://www.forbes.com/sites/tonybradley/2014/04/05/backlash-against-brendan-eich-crossed-a-line/) that Mozilla's CEO was forced out due to a $1000 contribution to the Prop 8 campaign in 2008, I've uninstalled it and gone to Chrome as my default browser.

And I would've done the same thing if he was forced out for making a $1000 contribution against the Prop 8 campaign. While firing someone for making a political contribution is not illegal, IMHO it is dangerous. I can't support a company that does that.

badrose
04-08-2014, 09:26 AM
I saw that and it does make me uncomfortable. I switched from Google to Firefox because Google ate up memory so fast I had to reboot about every hour plus their penchant to want to know every detail of my life. Looking for alternatives...

CitizenBBN
04-08-2014, 09:52 PM
It's low as heck for a company to do that and you know had he donated the other way he's not ousted. In fact I'd love to know the donations of the rest of the board and senior officers.

I used Opera till they changed the core (licensed Chrome) and took out every feature of it that I liked. Had nothing but trouble with it, had to go back to Firefox. Now I'd like to go with something else but I like Explorer even less and Chrome even less than that. I hate Chrome and all the move to fewer menu options and making my computer like my phone in general. My phone simplicity is great for getting the weather and having to type with a single finger, but on my computer I want options and power and settings and the ability to display the 15 things I want.

Opera was great for that, really had a sweet layout and features, then they took them all out.

kingcat
04-10-2014, 05:17 PM
What about something like the Maxthon Cloud browser?