PDA

View Full Version : Help with a quote about Kentuckians moving home?

elicat
04-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Somebody, maybe a former governor, not sure, used to be quoted as saying something like, "Every Kentuckian I have ever met somewhere else was either moving home or wanted to." Does that ring any bells? Can you tell me the exact quote and the source?

I remember years ago at the Scout site there was a thread about expats moving home. I've finally got a job possibility in Louisville. It's not Lexington, but it would be very welcome after a decade in the woods of South Carolina. I tried to use the quote talking to a family member tonight, and couldn't dredge it up exactly.

Anybody got it?

suncat05
04-03-2014, 06:52 AM
Congratulations, elicat. Best wishes.

elicat
04-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Congratulations, elicat. Best wishes.

Thanks, suncat.

I seem to have found the quote. It's Happy Chandler (no surprise). (http://www.kentuckyforkentucky.com/products/i-never-met-a-kentuckian-who-wasn-t-going-home-happy-chandler-print)

dan_bgblue
04-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Glad you found it. A google search earlier when I saw your post netted 0 results that counted. Hope your effort to return home is successful, and by the way, even if you work in louisville you do not have to live there. ;-)

jazyd
04-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Glad for you. I wanted to but once our daughter had children my fate was sealed for Mississippi

badrose
04-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Back in Ol' Kaintuck one more time!

elicat
06-24-2014, 08:50 PM
A late update about this. It turned out to be not so attractive after the second interview. Sad organization that i'm afraid isn't likely to make it. I still very much want to move back, but not for the wrong job. Something will come along, I'm sure, but this wasn't it. But thanks to everyone for all the encouragement!

uklandrn
06-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Sorry you aren't going to get to come home - but as someone who had been all across the country living in California, Montana, and Washington State the past 3 years - I have to say there is nothing like living in KY. I have only been home 3+ weeks - and I am truly amazed how nice it is to be home. I hope you find the perfect job very soon!

Doc
06-30-2014, 07:11 AM
I read the title of the thread and going to suggest calling a moving company like United Van Lines, unless you are a do it a yourselfer, the call U-Haul