PDA

View Full Version : Taking kids to college

elicat
08-15-2012, 09:19 PM
All three of my kids were born on the same day, so they're all going to college in the same ten day window.

The first one started orientation today at Presbyterian College. Next week the other two go off to Davidson and Sewanee. (I couldn't generate any interest in UK in any of them!) It's kind of interesting that the first thing I thought of ~19 years ago when we found out we were having triplets was that they would all be in college at once. Now that time is here.

Life is going to be really different ten days from now!

blue2ksr
08-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Took our youngest to Lexington last weekend to be there for sorority "rush" this week. The house is so quiet now and pretty empty feeling. She's loving it so far though, and that makes us feel better, of course.

You took a heck of a lick, for sure, all at once. I know that has to be tough.

By the way, Sewanee is one of the prettiest campuses I have ever been on. Wait till you see it in the winter with snow on the ground! Remember Joe B. Hall transferred there from UK as a young bb player eons ago.

Darrell KSR
08-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Triplets!

Wow--another person with 3 kids in college at the same time. For me, though, I only had to endure that for one year, as my oldest graduated when my next two were hitting their sophomore year; now down to only 2 in college at the same time.

My next one is 13 years old. I figure she will be in college with my son, though, who seems to be on an extended, extended college plan.

elicat
08-22-2012, 11:04 PM
I must say that Sewanee is different. It's like taking a kid to Hogwarts. PC seems to be a pretty normal college. Davidson is all about academic achievement. But at Sewanee they seem to think the kids who get the letter and show up have some mystical property that makes them belong there. (Though I couldn't be prouder of him, I'm rather skeptical about that.) It could be really good for my son's success, and not so great for his personal development. It's going to be very interesting to watch. It could be good, bad, or indifferent, but it's definitely not boring.