PDA

View Full Version : NCAA March Madness App

PedroDaGr8
03-22-2014, 06:06 PM
I have to say, as much as the NCAA gets wrong, for about a decade now they have done March Madness right. I remember in, I think it was 2005-2006 watching full streams of the games. At that time, to be honest it was ground breaking. Basically nobody was streaming live video. The video was only slightly worse that an SD channel if you had a fast connection. That leads me to this year's app for Android and iPhone "NCAA March Madness Live". The android app works perfectly, I often get acceptable quality even with less than perfect signal. While perfect signal gives a very nice live stream. Even better, if the signal gets really bad, instead of kicking you, it switches to audio only mode until the signal gets better. With the app you get real-time scores, live stats, upset alerts, close game alerts, etc. To be honest it's surprisingly well done and well thought out. Last year or the year before, I seem to remember it was $5. This year it is basically 100% gratis.

There is a slight catch with live game video. Non-CBS games requires a tv provider login (TWC, Comcast, dish, uverse, etc) to make sure you are a subscriber. That being said even if you aren't you get three free hours of the games on the non-CBS channels. CBS games are completely free and don't count against the free hours.

Quite simply, the NCAA is ahead of the curve on this one again. The ability to watch anywhere any time is the future. The NCAA gets that and it's here!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

jazyd
03-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Thanks Pedro just installed it

PedroDaGr8
03-22-2014, 10:34 PM
Thanks Pedro just installed it

No problem jazy.

To everyone else FYI UKs game tomorrow is on CBS.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
03-24-2014, 11:05 AM
My son downloaded it, and he was watching in a bedroom while I was watching the game on TV at the end of the game. He said he heard me yell, "YESSSSSSSSS!" as he was waiting for Wichita State to inbound the last play, so he knew he could watch.

He does NOT like to see Kentucky lose.