PDA

View Full Version : NCAA president Mark Emmert confirms North Carolina could face sanctions...

imsoblue
10-02-2012, 02:43 AM
NCAA president Mark Emmert told CBSSports.com on Monday that the NCAA hasn't yet determined whether North Carolina will face additional sanctions because of allegations of academic fraud pertaining to former student-athletes.

"We'll continue to monitor the situation and see what the facts are as they unfold from the investigations that [UNC] is involved with," Emmert said. "... And [then we'll see] if there's anything further that we need to do at that time."

Emmert's comments represent the first public confirmation from the NCAA that North Carolina remains susceptible to further sanctions because of previously undiscovered but now documented classes that featured little or no instruction and appear designed to do nothing more than keep student-athletes eligible. In light of the developments, UNC chancellor Holden Thorp announced last month that he will step down at the end of this academic calendar.

"[North Carolina is] working very diligently to get to the bottom of it," Emmert said. "We'll just have to see what the facts are as they become clearer."

(right and i got some land in Fla to sale)

badrose
10-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Like you, I'll believe it when I see it.

DanISSELisdaman
10-02-2012, 09:26 AM
He's just blowing smoke to take a little heat off the NCAA for not doing their job. He spilled the beans by saying: "[North Carolina is] working very diligently to get to the bottom of it." Everybody knows they have been working very diligently to cover up their mess.

dan_bgblue
10-02-2012, 11:06 AM

suncat05
10-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Okay, I'll just go ahead and say what everybody is thinking............. "what a big, steaming crock full of bullyang! "

Krank
10-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Okay, I'll just go ahead and say what everybody is thinking............. "what a big, steaming crock full of bullyang! "

Yeah, but the bullYIN is soooo much better, i.e., less... umm, steaming?

blueboss
10-02-2012, 08:37 PM
'diligently digging a huge hole with NCAA provided shovels to bury the whole thing in" We are fully confident that the committee conducting the investigation took legitimate courses at legitimate colleges and have legitimate degrees.

Lfbj00
10-03-2012, 01:05 AM
...the NCAA hasn't yet determined whether North Carolina will face additional sanctions because of allegations of academic fraud pertaining to former student-athletes.
...Emmert said, "... And [then we'll see] if there's anything further that we need to do at that time."

WHAT EXACTLY HAVE THEY DONE TO THEM SO FAR??

Doc
10-03-2012, 07:36 PM
It should not be Emmert's decision. Despite what he believes, he is not "king of the world"

CatinIL
10-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Emmert and the NCAA bringing the hammer down on UNC??? BwaHahahahahahaha.....

thedeerehunter
10-06-2012, 10:47 AM
The pompous ba$tards will skate. I know it, you know it, Emmert knows it.

Go to Hell, Carolina.

suncat05
10-06-2012, 01:09 PM
The pompous ba$tards will skate. I know it, you know it, Emmert knows it.

Go to Hell, Carolina.

And the NCAA too! ;)

Darrell KSR
10-06-2012, 09:44 PM
When Pigs fly is right, Dan.

cattails
10-07-2012, 07:05 AM
This is one of the all time fraud cases in NCAA history, both basketball and football and the NCAA acts like it is little to nothing. UK would have already been roasted.