PDA

View Full Version : Please stay away from Florida!

suncat05
03-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Wow! This guy can't go anywhere else? He has to come to Florida? He just has to mess up the weekend for everyone in the Keys?

The POTUS & family vacationing in Key West, FL this weekend. Geez! Don't these friggin' freeloaders vacation enough already? Some of us are struggling to even go across town to the movies, this guy and his family can't keep themselves in D.C. where they belong. These people disgust me more by the minute!

CitizenBBN
03-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Is he going to Key West or Largo? I saw he may go to the Ocean Reef Club in Key Largo,which is uber rich and pretty conservative from reports. Fly into a rich, gated club where you are as far from the average American as you are in the White House, have the local county pay a bunch of money for the privilege in extra security and such, for no reason other than to drop by and hang out on the beach for the weekend.

Must be nice. Esp caring so deeply about the poor and repressed in this country. Must tug at his heart to think about them as he walks along private beaches in gated communities with fellow millionaires while costing the middle class millions of dollars to do so.

The Key West paper was trying to get details, no luck. As long as he stays out of key West I guess I'll be OK, but there's no point for him to go there. He can't go bar hopping and it doesn't have any private beaches, other than on the Navy base where I'm sure he wouldn't lower himself to stay, b/c it would have built in security and cost a whole lot less but doesn't have posh suites and snotty people to chat with over cocktails.

CitizenBBN
03-07-2014, 12:53 PM
FWIW the President, ANY president, shoudl primarily vacation at Camp David and military installations where costs and inconvenience can be kept to a minimum while still allowing him time away from the White House. It would be less expensive to fly chefs from top restaurants to camp David than for the POTUS To go to Martha's Vineyard for a day, much less a week. Cheaper to put in bowling alleys and golf courses and anything else you want there versus paying 300 SS agents a month to crawl all over some private little community, and that's what it takes. Don't even start on the cost of going abroad.

he just proposed a budget that will have a built in average deficit of 500 BILLION dollars or so, leading to us having 25 TRILLION in debt by 2020 or so, and spending more in interest than we spend on national defense or medicaid, but we don't need to worry about the millions wasted on these things. Typical Washington. It's all fine when it's other people's money.

IMO the People should pay for camp David and visits to military bases that may have beach, those costs should be fairly low and can be established and maintained to be such. Any other POTUS or First Family vacations should come completely at the expense of donors. The POTUS and his family deserve some time off, but not endless vacations anywhere they want.

Reagan and Bush I and Bush II I thought deserved a lot of credit in that when they vacationed they did so in specific places that were easily secured. Bush I had a few field trips that cost more, but he went to Camp David a lot, it's set up to be secure. Bush II went to his ranch as did Reagan, those are far easier spots to secure and keep secure, costing far less money. They aren't in urban areas, they didn't go out much if at all so you didn't have to have 100s of agents not even guarding the President but just inspecting sites and such.

When Obama went to Martha's Vineyard a friend of mine was there on business. She said one of the restaurant owners said every night he was there they had a list of 6 restaurants or so they might go to, all of them had to be secured each day and cleared and then they picked one and went there. They had to clear all 6 though every time, and did that for security as well so no one would know hwere he would be for sure. They block off multiple routes, have all this misdirection that takes 100s of additional agents you don't need if you are in a location like Camp David. They had 300 agents there for a month or more ahead of his arrival.

Add in the cars and fuel and the rest it's a huge expense. Go to Camp david and save the US taxpayers a cool hundred million or so over your Presidency.

dan_bgblue
03-07-2014, 01:12 PM
I spent the last few minutes trying to imagine how things would go if he were to vacation in Key West. I do believe that would cause the cluster of all clusters.

CitizenBBN
03-07-2014, 01:17 PM
I spent the last few minutes trying to imagine how things would go if he were to vacation in Key West. I do believe that would cause the cluster of all clusters.

Unless he flew into the navy base, stayed there and left there by Air Force One it would be completely insane, and useless. Even then the homes are 20' from the base, just across White Street.

it's a cluster there anyway if you get more than 20 cars in Old Town. I can't even imagine what would be involved in getting the POTUS to the bar at Sloppy Joes. The setbacks would probably be bigger than the entire island. It's only a mile and a half wide.

Maybe he could stay on Stock Island. I recommend the Hog Fish in scenic downtown Stock Island (good joke for KW folks).

suncat05
03-07-2014, 02:27 PM
I am sure not many here know the relevance in the Stock Island suggestion..........but I do. Hehehe......

jazyd
03-08-2014, 11:33 PM
He is going to play golf and her to mingle with rich white people she hates. Bush already had an office and residence for SS agents, ready for work at all times

Let's not forget there is a situation ongoing with Russia...oh how was Romney and Palin correct on Russia.

MickintheHam
03-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Wow! This guy can't go anywhere else? He has to come to Florida? He just has to mess up the weekend for everyone in the Keys?

The POTUS & family vacationing in Key West, FL this weekend. Geez! Don't these friggin' freeloaders vacation enough already? Some of us are struggling to even go across town to the movies, this guy and his family can't keep themselves in D.C. where they belong. These people disgust me more by the minute!'

Please don't say he belongs in Washington DC. Hawaii, Kenya, anywhere but DC

suncat05
03-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Well, technically, I suppose, he allegedly has a job that he was elected to, hence belonging in D.C., but he just can't seem to get any of that right. And yeah, I agree, Kenya, Hawaii, wherever.
I personally think somewhere in the Klingon Federation would be a good place for him. To stay. Permanently.

jazyd
03-12-2014, 06:17 PM
He belongs with his, Iran

QUOTE=suncat05;164981]Well, technically, I suppose, he allegedly has a job that he was elected to, hence belonging in D.C., but he just can't seem to get any of that right. And yeah, I agree, Kenya, Hawaii, wherever.
I personally think somewhere in the Klingon Federation would be a good place for him. To stay. Permanently.[/QUOTE]