PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comments fr Rasmussen

badrose
09-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Currently, 43% of voters are “certain” they will vote for Romney. Forty-two percent (42%) are that certain they will vote for Obama. The remaining 15% are either uncommitted or open to changing their mind. To many Americans, especially partisan activists, it is hard to imagine how someone could be anything but certain at this point in time. One of the distinguishing features of these potentially persuadable voters is that they don’t see the choice between Romney and Obama as terribly significant. In terms of impacting their own life, just 28% say it will be Very Important which man wins.

There is particular pessimism among these persuadable voters about the economy. Only 14% think it will get better if the president is reelected. But just 28% believe it will improve with a Romney victory.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

CitizenBBN
09-30-2012, 10:10 PM
I'll take the 28% over the 14%.

He's right, I have no idea how you can not have an opinion at this point. Of course I think many of those would be disqualified if asked to name the 3 branches of the federal government. They only see the election in their very personal terms, something I simply cannot imagine. I've voted for people who, if their policies would be put in place, would hurt me financially, and very directly, but which are right for the nation as a whole.

I'll manage either way, the country has to come first. I simply cannot think in other terms nor fathom those who do. This is the one time we are "The People", and beholden to more than ourselves. We are the keepers of the American Experiment, holders of the light of individual liberty, answerable to those who came before and those who will come after.

I really see it that way. A moral obligation that came with being lucky enough to be an American citizen. If someone votes for a candidate b/c they "got a free cell phone", they should be stripped of citizenship and put on a slow boat to some base nation where such selfish self interest and political corruption is acceptable and expected.

jazyd
10-01-2012, 12:19 AM
For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone with a brain that works would think the economy would be better under Obama. I guess they are the same people who voted for Carter the second time around, clueless.
But when you have the majority of the media in your hip pocket and they refuse to ask tough questions and refuse to actually cover the news, it is easy to influence people..that and give them free cell phones.
Fox has been all over the intelligence and lack of protection on the Libyan attack and yet the rest of the media hasn't said a word. That one event should have given Romney a 5 % swing. But when the majority of the people never hear the truth, that is what happens.

DanISSELisdaman
10-01-2012, 08:26 AM
I'll take the 28% over the 14%.

He's right, I have no idea how you can not have an opinion at this point. Of course I think many of those would be disqualified if asked to name the 3 branches of the federal government. They only see the election in their very personal terms, something I simply cannot imagine. I've voted for people who, if their policies would be put in place, would hurt me financially, and very directly, but which are right for the nation as a whole.

I'll manage either way, the country has to come first. I simply cannot think in other terms nor fathom those who do. This is the one time we are "The People", and beholden to more than ourselves. We are the keepers of the American Experiment, holders of the light of individual liberty, answerable to those who came before and those who will come after.

I really see it that way. A moral obligation that came with being lucky enough to be an American citizen. If someone votes for a candidate b/c they "got a free cell phone", they should be stripped of citizenship and put on a slow boat to some base nation where such selfish self interest and political corruption is acceptable and expected.

I agree 110% Cit. A love for our country should be a requirement that has to be met, to be able to vote. It's obvious that many people don't have that. I don't know that the Constitution would back that up, but it's just common sense IMO, which BTW, is another thing that many people seems to lack these days.

SalsaKat
10-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I've always felt that Congressional, state legislature, and local elections probably have more impact on a person's life (and in the case of Congressional, the nation) than Presidential elections. It baffles me that people are all gung-ho about "GO VOTE FOAR PRESUDINT" but not able to name any candidates on the remainder of the ballot in races that are IMO equally if not more important.

I realize that's not the point being made here, just an aside.

badrose
10-01-2012, 08:53 AM
For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone with a brain that works would think the economy would be better under Obama. I guess they are the same people who voted for Carter the second time around, clueless.
But when you have the majority of the media in your hip pocket and they refuse to ask tough questions and refuse to actually cover the news, it is easy to influence people..that and give them free cell phones.
Fox has been all over the intelligence and lack of protection on the Libyan attack and yet the rest of the media hasn't said a word. That one event should have given Romney a 5 % swing. But when the majority of the people never hear the truth, that is what happens.

There's an opportunity there for someone with enough capital to swing it. Multi-media affecting news AND entertainment. ABC, NBC, CBS, HBO, Showtime...all attack conservatism, some directly and some through drama, comedy, etc. The latter is more effective because it bypasses the conscious and goes straight to the subconscious unless you've developed a good filter for it. How about a comedy about a guy who's lazy and mooches off his friends and relatives while waiting for his next government-issued check? Or maybe a drama about a 26-yr old woman who has seven kids with no end in sight because that's how her gov't support gets increased, doesn't work, and has a drug habit? Or, how about a politician who runs on bigger government and goes about making sure dependency is increased due to his policies? If you want to really change the culture you need stuff like that, the other side of the coin. The same network's news division runs stories straight up with a real flair for telling it like it is with no bias toward left or right. Serious journalism. I have a dream, but no money.