PDA

View Full Version : Did UK just find their Quarterback for the next 3 years?

Doc
09-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Whitlow has an heck of an arm, has great legs and seems to hold onto the ball well.

Catonahottinroof
09-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Now one wonders if it's round peg/square hole on the part of the staff. Whitlow is effective and forces USClite to honor the run.

BudCat_upthecreek
09-29-2012, 08:26 PM
First SEC Level QB we've had since Woodson.

blue2ksr
09-29-2012, 09:05 PM
We should be set up pretty nice at QB for 2-3 years if everyone stays.

fastkat
09-29-2012, 11:40 PM
Whitlow has an heck of an arm, has great legs and seems to hold onto the ball well.

holds on to the ball too long. He admitted that on the post game show. He's young and listening to him after the game it sounds like he's aware of what his weaknesses are.

After the game Whitlow had I wouldn't be surprised to hear more talk of Towles transferring.

Doc
09-30-2012, 01:36 PM
holds on to the ball too long. He admitted that on the post game show. He's young and listening to him after the game it sounds like he's aware of what his weaknesses are.

After the game Whitlow had I wouldn't be surprised to hear more talk of Towles transferring.

I was refering to not suffering from "fumblitis". That was always been my concern with Morgan Newton.

Catfan73
10-01-2012, 10:03 AM

I don't know if I would get that carried away. SC no doubt prepared all week for the immobile Max Smith and were thrown a curve with Whitlow. After they adjusted, the second half was a different story, with 4-10 passing for 43 yards and 5 runs for 24 yards. He also got sacked 4 times and threw 2 interceptions after the half.

He's obviously got some talent and didn't get rattled, but the last thing we need right now is Towles transferring.

Badinage
10-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I want the best QB to play. If Whitlow is that guy, then that is who I want back there. If Smith were healthy, I am confident he is the best at this juncture. If Whitlow and Smith are better than Towles, then Towles will need to do what every player does, sit and get better. If he cannot handle that, then I guess he transfers. I hope that does not happen, but when you have three good QBs fighting for the starting job, one of those three has to be third string.

Towles should get more reps in practice this week. If Smith is out, it will be interesting to see if Towles is listed as second string.

Catfan73
10-01-2012, 01:31 PM
I fully expect Newton to run 2nd string this week. I'd rather see Bookie get moved back to quarterback and just run the dive every play than to pull Towles' redshirt halfway through the season.

Badinage
10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Joker says both will play. I guess how well PT does in practice this week will determine how that two-headed QB looks? No more RS. Smith has a good argument for a medical RS. He played just a few snaps over 30 percent of the games and will not play after the second half. For his sake, I hope it is granted.

Catfan73
10-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I think Smith has a good case. His play in a 4th game would have put him over the 30% rule, but he really only played in 25% plus 2 snaps. I just hope he can make a full recovery.